The Education Forum

Identity of "Leopoldo" (Silvia Odio visit)

Joe, David and I explore the "then what" in the second part of our upcoming monograph on the Red Bird leads.  We presented on it at the Lancer Conference and we did an earlier interview on it with Chuck Ochelli which you can find here:

https://ochelli.com/jfk-january-lead-number-2/

The whole point is putting the Odio incident in context with what was being done around Oswald starting in August and continuing on to Dallas in November.  And of course, who was doing it.

David and I are finishing up an extended monograph (with our usual extensive citation links) which addresses our new work on both Red Bird leads and that should go up on the Mary Ferrell Foundation site early in 2022.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Joe, David and I explore the "then what" in the second part of our upcoming monograph on the Red Bird leads.  We presented on it at the Lancer Conference and we did an earlier interview on it with Chuck Ochelli which you can find here:

https://ochelli.com/jfk-january-lead-number-2/

The whole point is putting the Odio incident in context with what was being done around Oswald starting in August and continuing on to Dallas in November.  And of course, who was doing it.

David and I are finishing up an extended monograph (with our usual extensive citation links) which addresses our new work on both Red Bird leads and that should go up on the Mary Ferrell Foundation site early in 2022.

Larry,

As far as I know, Sylvia Odio always insisted that she was visited by the accused assassin - the same man arrested in Dallas, right?

I mean, she never wavered or hinted that the "Leon Oswald" outside her door was NOT the historical "Lee Harvey Oswald", right?

Therefore, her identification of the "Leon Oswald" outside her door as the same man arrested in Dallas tends to support at least some of Greg Doudna's theory.

To me though, the single most salient point about that visit is this: in person, with "Leon Oswald" (future alleged assassin and violent, "loco" JFK-hater, supposedly) standing right there in front of Odio, NOT ONE WORD ABOUT "LEON OSWALD'S" ANTI-KENNEDY HATRED IS MENTIONED, EITHER BY "LEOPOLDO" OR "ANGEL" OR " LEON OSWALD" HIMSELF!

If the in-person visit to Odio's apartment was intended as part of a frame of a witting "Leon Oswald" (either the real one or an impostor), then that during that visit this "Leon Oswald" should logically have made some very incriminating and memorable statements about shooting Kennedy!

But, instead he said almost nothing at all.

What kind of conspiracy has a (supposedly) witting conspirator say nothing at all incriminating?

It was not until a few days later, in a phone call, did "Leopoldo" finally reveal to Odio just how violent, "loco" and anti-JFK was this "Leon Oswald." 

In other words, "Leopoldo" waited to tell Odio about "Leon Oswald's" feelings until he, "Leon Oswald" was not physically present to hear them. 

Why not?

Because "Leopoldo" knew that this "Leon Harvey" was NOT actually violent, nor "loco" nor anti-JFK. Further "Leopoldo" did not want "Leon Harvey" to know that he, "Leopoldo" knew. I agree with those who have argued for decades that this "Leopoldo" knew he and his group were being infiltrated by an intelligence asset. 

I think it is very likely that the man arrested in Dallas, our "Lee Harvey Oswald", was indeed with "Leopoldo" and "Angel" outside the Odio apartment on either September 25 or 26. Further, I think it is likely he was there in some sort of intelligence-gathering capacity, possibly as an informant for the FBI or some other federal agency. Finally, I think it is likely that "Leopoldo" found out about our man from his own handlers, and was then more than willing to help the plot to kill Kennedy and frame this "Leon Oswald". 

Thus "Leopoldo's" incriminating phone call to Odio a few days later. 

Well, I am reading a copy of SWHT, which requires reading and re-reading and then checking back again. Maybe I will have comments in a couple months. 

Hermininio Diaz Garcia does show up in a lot of places. 

On the other hand...Garcia was killed in 1966 in a raid on Cuba. 

With absolutely no evidence, I wonder if "putting the blame on a dead man" is going on. 

Actually, I suspect Garcia was involved, but keeping the options open....

Robin,

Interesting info from Broshears.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=193177#relPageId=2&tab=page

As posted before Diaz-Garcia was of interest to the FBI because of the report by Francisco Varona. (FBI Informant MM 761-S). Varona was also known as AMCONCERT-1. Varona was a CIA asset but had a falling out with the major suspects.

Studying the Odio incident - and identifying the two visitors who accompanied Oswald - is an important piece of evidence in the plot.  Ms. Odio was targeted for a reason ... the dots that I would connect are with Manolo Ray (and CIA's rejection of his JURE leadership.  I really like Larry's conclusion articulated in his "Tipping Point" analyses:

In the end, we can only speculate that the Odio incident may have been a sanctioned counterintelligence dangle against JURE, possibly using JMWAVE assets associated with DRE (initially the visitors had asked for Syrita Odio, a college student with DRE friends). Several such individuals, including Carlos Hernandez, were still being used in JMWAVE activities at that point in time – Carlos and others had even been sent overseas to help disrupt a recent international student conference. However, if that were true, it would add an interesting twist to the report of Lee Oswald with Hernandez, attempting to buy rifles from Robert McKeown in approximately the same time frame as that reported for the Odio contact.

It's very interesting that the two individuals who had approached Oswald in New Orleans were exiles known personally to Richard Case Nagell (all the way back to Mexico City). Further, John Martino knew that they were exiles playing at being Castro agents, corroborating Nagell in a general sense as to their role playing.

The ostensible goal of the Odio visit was to solicit letters referencing JURE (signed by a JURE member with high level ties to Ray). If such letters were planted along with a patsy after the assassination, they could have been used to associate a Cuban-sponsored assassin with JURE ... considered an adversary by CIA.  Net result, get rid of Castro, get back into Cuba, eliminate JURE and Ray as a contender for power in a "free" Cuba. But Sylvia didn't buy it ...  she thought the visitors were suspicious, perhaps Castro agents. The follow-up phone call after the visit would still have served to tie Oswald with possible Cuban agents, if Sylvia had gone to the FBI or Police the afternoon of Nov. 22. 

The patsy was being sheep-dipped, and he didn't seem to appreciate why.  I'd speculate that the September visit to Odio was also intended to incriminate or discredit Ray and his movement as well (and perhaps tie them along with Castro to the pending JFK murder).   It has all the earmarks (and sloppiness) of the duplicitous Howard Hunt and David Phillips.  

• 11 months later...
On 12/7/2021 at 5:09 AM, Joe Bauer said:

If Sylvia Odio's "Leopoldo/Angelo/Leon Oswald visit " story is true and not exaggerated...then what?

Then Lee Harvey Oswald surely had accomplices -- which would be a slap in the face of the Warren Commission, which bent over backwards to convince the public that Oswald "had no accomplices who are still at large."  

By the way, J. Edgar Hoover mandated the very same day that JFK was assassinated that Oswald was the Lone Shooter.  Before any trial!   So, that could prove that Hoover knew exactly who killed JFK.    

Now, some would conclude that Hoover must have therefore been a part of the JFK plot.  I say no.  I say that Hoover's fat records of  Oswald, including his summer of 1963 in New Orleans, told him right away who the assassins were; namely, the radical right wing in Dallas (and New Orleans)

In order to avoid rioting in US streets, and in order to avoid giving the USSR a field-day of propaganda during the peak of the Cold War, Hoover cleared with LBJ the strategy of blaming Oswald for everything.  So, it truly was a matter of national security.  

The assassins would be punished separately and secretly, I say.

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos