The Education Forum

Did EVEN the Warren Commission Believe Howard Brennan?

59 minutes ago, John Butler said:

This is a tranquil scene with no hint of violence.  From here at about Z 175 to Z 313 is about 138 frames or 7.5 seconds.  The assassination with this range as the range is well within the official story or at least close to it.  I'm not sure this is out from under the trees and visible to the 6th floor. 

There is a strange reflection on the trunk.  It is a very clear reflection of the TSBD and a tree trunk/tree visible there.  What I find strange is that the passenger side of the car shows this clear reflection and the driver's side of the car does not show a bright, clear reflection, but is instead murky.  The sun is coming more or less from the south and west.  There should be a nice bright reflection there showing the SW corner of Elm and Main.  From the angle of the sun I don't see, but should see that area clearly.

John...  I don't think you realize how loud it was.... DP is like a bowl with the buildings at the east end + the one bldg on Elm, acting as echo makers.

The DPD Harley's were very loud and just behind the limo....   these machines are spitting and popping, backfiring and revving...  that first shot circa Shaneyfelt 157 along with the other shooters - only some of which with silencers - would allow 3 shots to sound like 1 with minimal overlap...

The point though was to incriminate Oswald in a Castro conspiracy to kill JFK... shots on top of each other as Kellerman's "flurry" suggests were to be expected, until a Conspiracy was not what they wanted...  The recanting and treatment of Alvarado in Mexico gives us some idea of how badly they needed off his story of the $6500 and red-headed negro.

Regarding the reflection, The TSBD is right there buddy.... the orange on the truck has the tree trunk in front of it and in front of that are the very short squat reflections of the people....

The angle is very low but enough the catch the bottom 2 floors of the TSBD...

88952901_TSBDonlimotrunk.jpg.ca74dff45e4c080fc03f8a7c3fbf1ed7.jpg

19 hours ago, Richard Price said:

in my mind it seems implausible unless the weapon is silenced

Remembering that the CIA had this set up as a Cuban conspiracy, multiple shooters and shots too close together would be the point of creating a conspiracy... Oswald and others shooting JFK...  but that ended quickly - no better an example is Alvarado in Mexico and what when on until he recanted his story.

My thought now is that with 3 or even 4 shooters - why would they use silencers if the idea was to implicate a Cuban conspiracy? unless that was just talk to keep the hounds at bay... then I could imagine 1 shooter without and all the others with a silenced weapon ---like the De Lisle Carbine

Found this weapon from WWII...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul, I sort of agree with John that this picture shows what I think is the last moment before the nightmare begins.  The question is, has the 1st shot (of those that hit their mark) just been fired or about to be fired.  You are correct about Connally, for sure, he is somber, but I think he was for most of the trip after he found out he was riding in front of JFK.  To me, Jackie seems to have a slight smile as she faces the few people on her side of the car.  This is the picture that started me to think the SS might be involved.  The driver's right hand is reaching for something on the center area of the dash.  I know this could be completely innocent, but the timing as with many things just seems odd.  I really need to see if there is a good picture with enough definition to it to determine what he is reaching for.  I think I posted something along those lines many years ago either here or at JFK Lancer, but don't recall getting any replies.  In any event, once you start getting paranoid looking at all the anomalies, you "see" things everywhere even when they aren't there.

4 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

John...  I don't think you realize how loud it was.... DP is like a bowl with the buildings at the east end + the one bldg on Elm, acting as echo makers.

The DPD Harley's were very loud and just behind the limo....   these machines are spitting and popping, backfiring and revving...  that first shot circa Shaneyfelt 157 along with the other shooters - only some of which with silencers - would allow 3 shots to sound like 1 with minimal overlap...

The point though was to incriminate Oswald in a Castro conspiracy to kill JFK... shots on top of each other as Kellerman's "flurry" suggests were to be expected, until a Conspiracy was not what they wanted...  The recanting and treatment of Alvarado in Mexico gives us some idea of how badly they needed off his story of the $6500 and red-headed negro.

Regarding the reflection, The TSBD is right there buddy.... the orange on the truck has the tree trunk in front of it and in front of that are the very short squat reflections of the people....

The angle is very low but enough the catch the bottom 2 floors of the TSBD...

88952901_TSBDonlimotrunk.jpg.ca74dff45e4c080fc03f8a7c3fbf1ed7.jpg

Remembering that the CIA had this set up as a Cuban conspiracy, multiple shooters and shots too close together would be the point of creating a conspiracy... Oswald and others shooting JFK...  but that ended quickly - no better an example is Alvarado in Mexico and what when on until he recanted his story.

My thought now is that with 3 or even 4 shooters - why would they use silencers if the idea was to implicate a Cuban conspiracy? unless that was just talk to keep the hounds at bay... then I could imagine 1 shooter without and all the others with a silenced weapon ---like the De Lisle Carbine

Found this weapon from WWII...

Yes, I agree.  I don't think all the weapons were silenced/muffled, just the one(s) being used in easily identifiable positions.  The plan did include the shooters (at least some of them) getting away.  That one or some were to be sacrificed was, I think above the sacrificial lamb(s) pay grade.  Compartmentalization.

• 3 years later...
On 7/29/2020 at 11:42 AM, Mark Stevens said:

My impression of Brennan's statements differs, at least slightly, from other impressions.

I think it's possible he saw something in both windows and his mind is conflating the scenes and memories. This might explain why he had issues with the window description and issues with identifying the boys. 

This may not all flesh out, but at the moment I think it's possible.

I think that Brennan was clearly conflating what he saw in different windows, but that the conflation was between the 5th & 6th floors of the TSBD.  Consider:  In CE 477, he circles both the 1st & 2nd windows from the SE end on the 6th floor, his "A" representing the sniper here.  These are the same two windows which he leaves empty on the floor below.  The implication is that, after putting "A" on the 6th floor, he then had no one with whom to replace "A" on the 5th floor.  But why would he seem to relocate the sniper at two windows?  Because he saw a rifle at the SE end window on the 5th floor, then saw what he thought was the same man (only partially seen at best there) at the 2nd single window from the end, on the same floor, who "maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark", as Brennan put it.  The Dillard photo(s), as well as the Powell slide, then, captured this moment with the man Brennan mistakenly thought was the sniper pausing, Bonnie Ray Williams.  Brennan was later persuaded that he was mistaken both as to his identity of the sniper and the number of the floor, yet he retained the mistake of that second window in his diagramming of the 6th-floor "A".  And then, necessarily, left both halves of the SE end double window on the 5th floor vacant.