The Education Forum

Back in time, 11-21-63

So while being in a covid19 iso situation these past few months i have been catching up on loads of reading and binge watching tv series both old and new. I came across a series called Timeless. An american history professor, a marine and a goofie tech dude go back in time with the use of a time machine and visit various historical points in time during Americas rise from fighting for independence up to the 60,s and 70s.

Its not awesome but its ok to kill time on the couch while staying at home. Now i know the Stephen king 1963 tv series messed with going back in time to dallas 1963, but it brings up an interesting question i would like to throw out to researchers and lurkers of the forum...

You have access to this tv time machine and you can go back to Dallas at noon Thursday the 21st of November 1963 and you have the next 36 hours before you have to hop back in your time machine.  You can talk to people, you can touch people, they see you, they hear you...you cant kill anyone...you kill someone you die.

Where do you go? What do you do?   You have 24 hours until that moment in history takes place...goodluck.

Yep, would be profitable....id get a good one once i arrived....

There are a couple of places i would like to be: 

From 9pm 11-21-63 until about 2:00am id be at the Carousel Club or the Cabana Hotel trying to find and then follow jack ruby..

At 7:00am until 8:30am 11-22-63 standing on the rear loading dock of the TSBD having a breakfast burrito watching the comings and goings.

At 11:45am in  Lee Bowers tower with a nice long lens zoom camera.

At 4:00pm i would like to be at Jamiesons Films Dallas processing rooms (maybe slip the manager a $100 for a white coat and a place in the room).

Thats just a few of mine.

Edited by Adam Johnson

First thing I'd do on arrival would be to grab a Minox ..... readily available, everybody had one

I'll meet up with you at the Carousel Club, you look for Ruby, while I watch the show

Later, I'll catch a cab to West 5th, break into the vacant house next to Ruths, and grab a few hours kip

In the morning, I'd be ready with my Minox to snap a few pics of Oswald carrying that 2 foot long cheese sandwich in a paper bag

to be continued ....

5 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

I would position myself in the parking lot behind the Grassy Knoll

at noon or before. I read once that there was a satellite that flew

over that area at noon and have always wondered if any pictures

it took exist.

Joseph, after that you could even go park over on the 400 block of 10th street in oak cliff maybe in someones driveway just in case anything interesting happens.

I would call in a bomb scare to the TSBD about 12:25 on 11/22/63. That is, if the phones were working. The evacuation would at least get Oswald out of the building and mess up the plan. Then, when JFK was safely past the TSBD, I would call in a bomb scare to the Trade Mart. By that time JFK might decide they need to go somewhere that's safe. One of the Secret Service agents might suggest Jack Ruby's Carousel Club.

While you guys are staking out the parking lot behind the Grassy Knoll and the TSBD, I'll attend Clint Murchison's party, then stake out the Dallas Sheraton lobby overnight and tail GHWB throughout 11/22/63 until he catches his flight back to Houston late in the day.  (My hunch is that he'll board that chartered plane down at Red Bird Airport with his CIA associates.)

I think I'd buy a gallon gasoline can, fill it up and sneak up onto the back dock of the TSBD at noon, pour it out and light a match.  Surely they wouldn't bring the president right by a burning building.

If I get caught I claim "they" were going to shoot the president and blame it on Oswald.  If I can't get back to the portal by 6:00 I plead insanity on the arson charge.  What's a few years in a mental institution if you saved JFK?  Then again I'd probably be killed for screwing up the operation.

Setting the TSBD on fire — good one!

I’m on the Grassy Knoll in the dead of night early 11/22 to tear down the picket fence and cut down the trees.  Around noon I’d post up at the Black Dog Man spot behind the concrete wall with a camera focused on the South Knoll.

If that didn’t stop the hit I’d take an immediate plane to Washington and hang with McGeorge Bundy in the White House Situation Room when he called LBJ with the news that the lone assassin was in custody.

Then I’d head over to the 7th Floor of the State Dept. and watch George Ball and W. Averell  Harriman run the country until we all went to Andrews to greet the new Prez.

I’d be on the copter ride with LBJ and George Ball to the White House, see the “icy” Bundy again, then I’d be in the meeting 10 minutes later with LBJ, Sen. William Fulbright and Harriman where Harriman said all the government‘s top Soviet hands were unanimous in the conclusion the Kremlin had nothing to do with Dallas.  There was no conference with top Kremlinologists that day.

After that I’d watch LBJ and his staff put the kibosh on the Commie conspiracy talk in Dallas.  I’d cap off this adventure with a trip over to Harriman’s pad in Georgetown where Jackie and the kids spent the night.

Watching a cold blooded bastard like Ave Harriman work would be a helluva education.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I think I'd buy a gallon gasoline can, fill it up and sneak up onto the back dock of the TSBD at noon, pour it out and light a match.  Surely they wouldn't bring the president right by a burning building.

If I get caught I claim "they" were going to shoot the president and blame it on Oswald.  If I can't get back to the portal by 6:00 I plead insanity on the arson charge.  What's a few years in a mental institution if you saved JFK?  Then again I'd probably be killed for screwing up the operation.

You're plan worked! Story from 1963 below;

Kennedy's Dallas visit exceeded expectations, his Trade Mart speech was welcomed with a standing ovation. However, an otherwise happy day, was marred by what is now being coined as "The TSBD Towering Inferno" where over 50 employees sadly lost their lives. The arsonist, caught later in a theatre, Ron Bulman, was committed to an asylum, where he continues to tell staff that he was actually trying to save lives. TSBD hero employee Lee Harvey Oswald, was awarded yesterday, the Medal of Bravery, in a White House lawn ceremony by President Kennedy. Mr Oswald managed to drag several employees to safety, including his best friend, Wesley Frazier who was found in the basement drawing his last breaths. Mr. Bulman's landlady, Ruth Paine, later handed over to the FBI, a note now known to be written by Bulman, that clearly shows he was planning the act of terror over many weeks. Of course, the famous photo of Bulman standing with a gallon can in one hand, and a match in the other, would have been enough to convince any jury.

Edited by Tony Krome

1 hour ago, Tony Krome said:

You're plan worked! Story from 1963 below;

Kennedy's Dallas visit exceeded expectations, his Trade Mart speech was welcomed with a standing ovation. However, an otherwise happy day, was marred by what is now being coined as "The TSBD Towering Inferno" where over 50 employees sadly lost their lives. The arsonist, caught later in a theatre, Ron Bulman, was committed to an asylum, where he continues to tell staff that he was actually trying to save lives. TSBD hero employee Lee Harvey Oswald, was awarded yesterday, the Medal of Bravery, in a White House lawn ceremony by President Kennedy. Mr Oswald managed to drag several employees to safety, including his best friend, Wesley Frazier who was found in the basement drawing his last breaths. Mr. Bulman's landlady, Ruth Paine, later handed over to the FBI, a note now known to be written by Bulman, that clearly shows he was planning the act of terror over many weeks. Of course, the famous photo of Bulman standing with a gallon can in one hand, and a match in the other, would have been enough to convince any jury.

Belly laugh!  There weren't 50 employees left in the building though.  Most were out front watching the parade, including Wes and Ozzie.  BTW my face was inserted into the famous photo.  I'm just a Patsy. 

Edited by Ron Bulman