The Education Forum

Priscilla Johnson McMillan & Marina Oswald on The Dick Cavett Show

Max Good

• 6 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 8:40 PM, James DiEugenio said:

The point about PJM is that she tied up Marina for over ten years with that book contract.

And then, oh so conveniently, the book comes out while the HSCA is in session, fall of 1977.

This got some of the staffers on the committee a bit upset.  So, for the first time, some people gave PJM a going over about her and the State Department and the CIA.

Some very interesting interviews, and when I last saw them, back in the nineties, they were still partly redacted.

Not only did Dulles like her, so did Helms..  He once called her his favorite author on the JFK case.

PJM was perhaps one of the worst parts of the entirely slanted PBS Frontline special. 

I mean, she's sitting there with a straight face claiming that Oswald is sitting on his porch firing his rifle at leaves. Picture that: a guy just sitting around firing a rifle and no neighbors complain, there aren't any police, he's just sitting there firing that rifle. As if that ever happened.

Meanwhile, Oswald didn't even have ammo for the rifle. 

On 9/26/2020 at 12:51 PM, Richard Booth said:

I haven't seen the Cavett interview (and I want to) but I noticed something was wrong with Priscilla Johnson MacMillan pretty much immediately when I saw her on PBS Frontline. 

Her eyes bug out of her head and she seems to speak with a strange affect. I find her absolutely repulsive.

And yes I have seen the Mailer vs. Vidal episode, a classic. The audience loved the "fold it 5 ways and stick it where the sun don't shine"

Mailer was definitely drunk and was behaving like a real asshole. 

I haven't seen the Hoffa episode, but now I'm going to look for it.

P S Y C H O

2dw6dxf.png

If I saw someone staring at me in a public place with a face like that...I'd run!