The Education Forum

Kamala Harris and the RFK assassination

40 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Kidding.

To be serious, I have doubts that, in the Age of Trump, Biden's picking a Black woman (and this particular Black woman) for running mate can deliver the Black vote like in the days of ward heeler politics. 

Back in those days a lot of blacks voted Republican.  Ike got 40%, Nixon over 30% in 1960.

Or that the Biden-Harris ticket can trounce the constituency of Trump, even in the year of Anybody-but-Trump. 

What’s Trump’s case for re-election?  All the dead, or unemployed?

I think Elizabeth Warren would have been the money choice.  But this all assumes an unrigged election, for either party.

See you in November, if the relief checks come.  It's Tuesday, and no Democrat is challenging Trump's Saturday decrees.

No Democrat has challenged Trump’s phony executive orders?

Pelosi Calls Trump's Executive Orders 'Absurdly Unconstitutional'

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/981297?section=politics&keywords=pelosi-trump-executiveorders&year=2020&month=08&date=09&id=981297&oref=duckduckgo.com

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an interesting article Ty linked to.  

But I wanted to ask about Will Rua.  How did Obama and Biden kill 6 million people?

Am I, and most people, missing something?

27 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Back in those days a lot of blacks voted Republican.  Ike got 40%, Nixon over 30% in 1960.

To clarify, I'm not sure that a Black electorate will vote en bloc today, given the more diverse ethnicity of the Black community and the variety of issues.  Can we even speak of a "Black community" today?

Edited by David Andrews

28 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

What’s Trump’s case for re-election?  All the dead, or unemployed?

Trump's case for re-election?  Electoral fraud internal and external, and the continued complacency-stupidity of his constituents.  Many might approve of being on relief for the rest of the year, and aren't missing anything stripped from American society other than Outback Steak House.

14 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

To clarify, I'm not sure that a Black electorate will vote en bloc today, given the more diverse ethnicity of the Black community and the variety of issues.  Can we even speak of a "Black community" today?

https://www.newsweek.com/92-percent-black-americans-support-biden-over-trump-poll-says-1513367

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I hear a lot of marking time here, but nit counter-proposals.

The DEMs should have known this was coming.  I have the feeling that their eventual counter-proposal will also involve individual state contributions to Unemployment Insurance, and they want time for the states to get their infrastructure together for that.  So, everybody's intent on running out the month of August, also in part so they can see how the joblessness rate is affected by lack of financial relief.

Meantime, my life is like a Marvin Gaye song:

Ooh, honey, well I can't pay my taxes/Make me wanna holler, way they do my life.

Edited by David Andrews

10 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Trump's case for re-election?  Electoral fraud internal and external, and the continued complacency-stupidity of his constituents. 

Ah. Yes, he could shut down the post office and disenfranchise tens of millions of voters.

Otherwise, he is leaking support with older voters and suburban women with college degrees.

10 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Many might approve of being on relief for the rest of the year, and aren't missing anything stripped from American society other than Outback Steak House.

They were getting $600 a week, now down to $300 without help from cash-strapped States.  I doubt that gains him a whole lot of good will.

1 hour ago, Larry Hancock said:

I'm with Cliff,  first you need to deal with the real Monsters...

Yeah.  She's not my first pick.  But if it should come down to it in the future somehow I think she's better than what we have now.  Beyond Jim's article at K & K I don't know much about her.  Looking around I found this softball.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/11/politics/harris-indian-roots/index.html

It is what it is now.  The dye is cast.  Right now I just hope to live to see Change.  We're being invaded by students next week.

4 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

I hear a lot of marking time here, but nit counter-proposals.

The DEMs should have known this was coming.  I have the feeling that their eventual counter-proposal will also involve individual state contributions to Unemployment Insurance, and they want time for the states to get their infrastructure together for that.  So, everybody's intent on running out the month of August, also in part so they can see how the joblessness rate is affected by lack of financial relief.

The Democrats put out the HEROES Act proposals back in May.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6800

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

Bloomberg made sure Sanders and Warren were not the Dem choice. It cost him between 500 million and 1 billion to do so, but his primary entering and divide campaign worked.

Harris is also not a progressive.

My choice for president was Warren, and her as Biden's VP choice.

But I knew Bloomberg wouldn't let Biden choose someone who he declared more dangerous than Donald Trump. More dangerous to our controlling 1 %.

I'll vote for Biden/Harris though.

Trump is a monster in my mind.

Joe, we tried to convince you about this before. But you can't be reached. You are the only one holding this conspiracy theory. No one on the inside of politics believes that. People who would vote for Bernie or Warren are among the most informed voters there are.There's no way they get sucked into voting for Michael Bloomberg. Bloomberg told you when he entered , he was gong after the middle, because he had seen that the one heir apparent, centrist Democrat candidate, Biden was generating no interest.

As for the JFKA ,  I don't think anythings going to happen, as I've never thought any candidate would really do anything about the JFKA.

Ruha's charges are interesting. I'd like to see a fact check. I know about letting off Mnuchin. She may have decided they don't have a good enough case.

Ruha:and co-sponsored the bill that let Trump impose sanctions on Iran which violated the nuclear deal and lead to currently rising tensions,

That sort of surprises me that she would aid Trump in going against the Obama lead Peace initiative in Iran?? That seems pretty ballsy, I was putting her in the Hillary foreign policy camp. Because despite all the hawk .B.S. written about her. I always found Hillary to be timid politically and playing every game between the 40 yard lines.

In foreign policy. I think she's  the same old. But now domestic policy is going to win the day. What people expect of Biden is to try to Make America Normal Again. And that's going to be hard enough. I don't think most people think it's time to be aggressively invading foreign countries. 

I thought Harris was the most likely of the finalists. I wonder about the wisdom of picking a Californian, when it's already sewed up for Biden in California. But do people vote for a VP just because he/she is from their state?  If so, Demmings would have been a good choice winning Florida. One thing that was inexcusable for Al Gore in 2000 was that he lost Tennesee!

Warren and Harris are definitely the most Presidential of the finalists.

We know she has all the makings to be the tough cop. Maybe she could be the modern day Spiro Agnew "bad cop' continually beating home the message of Trump's corruption.

I'm going to play the most impressive thing I think she's ever done. I think she could crucify Mike Pence in their debate, but does the VP debate matter?

43 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Ah. Yes, he could shut down the post office and disenfranchise tens of millions of voters.

Otherwise, he is leaking support with older voters and suburban women with college degrees.

They were getting $600 a week, now down to $300 without help from cash-strapped States.  I doubt that gains him a whole lot of good will.

You never know.  Even without fraud, Trump might be Stupidity Too Big To Fail.

10 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ruha's charges are interesting. I'd like to see a fact check. I know about letting off Mnuchin. She may have decided they don't have a good enough case.

Ruha:and co-sponsored the bill that let Trump impose sanctions on Iran which violated the nuclear deal and lead to currently rising tensions,

22 Democratic Senators co-sponsored that bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/722/cosponsors?searchResultViewType=expanded&KWICView=false

She was one of the last to sign on.

5 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

You never know.  Even without fraud, Trump might be Stupidity Too Big To Fail.

I have an old friend who was a Trump supporter.  Big gun guy.  Last night he called me up all pissed off — “I’m not voting for Trump again!  My social security is too important to me!”

Trump is bleeding older folks.