The Education Forum

Kamala Harris and the RFK assassination

BTW, wait until Jones gets a load of this from Donald Harris, her father:

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me).

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Dave, its not just article 2, but also the 14th amendment. Larry Tribe also answered this during the primaries.

I wonder, is Trump going to start saying this stuff too?

The NY Times just did an article about how QAnon is making headway on FB by infiltrating other groups.  Plus this nutcase QAnon follower from Georgia, Greene, defeated her opponent in the GOP primary for congress.  

Its crazy, QAnon is pure and utter baloney.  But this is how schizoid our culture has become.  Thank Alex Jones. 

But what ever you do, *don’t* blame Donald Trump — right Jim?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, wait until Jones gets a load of this from Donald Harris, her father:

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me).

Does history teacher James DiEugenio know how many American blacks are descendants of slave owners?

Does anyone know what percentage of African Americans (including "Americans" from the West Indies) had paternal ancestors who were slave owners?

I don't know what the modern genetic studies have shown, but my guess is that it's a fairly high percentage.

16 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Does anyone know what percentage of African Americans (including "Americans" from the West Indies) had paternal ancestors who were slave owners?

I don't know what the modern genetic studies have shown, but my guess is that it's a fairly high percentage.

I guess Thomas Jefferson's progeny could never be patriots then huh?

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I guess Thomas Jefferson's progeny could never be patriots then huh?

Steve Thomas

Not if Fox News and Trump's media goons have anything to say about it. 

In Trumptopia, only the white descendants of slave owners belong in public offices.

(Kanye West is an illusory exception.  GOP operators here in Colorado have already arranged to put Kanye on our 2020 Presidential ballots, in order to siphon black votes away from Biden and Harris.)

37 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Not if Fox News and Trump's media goons have anything to say about it. 

In Trumptopia, only the white descendants of slave owners belong in public offices.

(Kanye West is an illusory exception.  GOP operators here in Colorado have already arranged to put Kanye on our 2020 Presidential ballots, in order to siphon black votes away from Biden and Harris.)

Is Kanye West’s appearance on the ballot just in Colorado?

As everyone knows, I am not a big fan of Harris.  But its really unfair to trace her heritage back to Hamilton Brown, even if that is true.

Unlike your friends, you cannot pick your ancestors.  It is fine to hold a politician responsible for actions he or she took in office.  But something like that is simply a smear.

But this will not stop Tucker or Alex from using it. That is the kind of culture we live in.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

As everyone knows, I am not a big fan of Harris.  But its really unfair to trace her heritage back to Hamilton Brown, even if that is true.

Unlike your friends, you cannot pick your ancestors.  It is fine to hold a politician responsible for actions he or she took in office.  But something like that is simply a smear.

But this will not stop Tucker or Alex from using it. That is the kind of culture we live in.

Excellent clarification.👏

On 8/11/2020 at 6:01 PM, Ty Carpenter said:

I think it needs to be cleared up that she is infact not African American.

Huh?  She is in fact African American and Indian in her heritage.  Born in the USA.

The indigenous population of Jamaica was Indian.

But so many died off due to Spanish colonization--Columbus-- that slaves were imported from Africa. In fact, the majority of its inhabitants are from sub Sahara Africa.

And, unless a lot of people are lying,  that is what her father is. Plus her mother is from India, so she is Asian.  As they say in political parlance, she is a twofer.

48 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

In the meantime.

Rasmussen: Trump Approval Rating at 36% Among Black Voters - July 2020

Watch Trump get at least 20% of the Black vote.

Now is that a completely worthless post? Cruising the tweetosphere for the most irrelevant  tweet, probably choosing to quote him  for no other reason then he's a black Trumpie, as that would make him some sort of authority? He won't commit himself as to it having any veracity. As all of his posts.

Then quotes a poll, and immediately acknowledges his poll is BS, and conjectures maybe Trump will get half of that.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 8/12/2020 at 3:17 PM, Cliff Varnell said:
On 8/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Obama  (and Oprah) promised us Hope and Change. Yet his plan on salvaging the economy differed little  from what Paulson originally announced in 2008 (TARP) and started doing in late 2008 and January of 2009.  Geithner essentially revised it a bit and expanded it. People like Krugman  criticized the program on the grounds that they were really non-recourse loans from which asset managers would benefit greatly--in other words, not only would no one be indicted, they would be rewarded for the disaster they created. 

Paul Krugman: "US economy: Thank you, Obama!"

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2524089-Paul-Krugman-quot-US-economy-Thank-you-Obama!-quot

In foreign policy, did Obama, on his own, stop any of the NSA surveillance programs W started ? If any were stopped it was largely because of Risen and Snowden.

“If”?

NSA Ends Bulk Collection of Telephony Metadata under Section 215

https://www.lawfareblog.com/nsa-ends-bulk-collection-telephony-metadata-under-section-215

<quote on>
In 2014, in a speech at the Department of Justice to address domestic and international concerns regarding U.S. intelligence activities, President Obama announced that the Intelligence Community would end the NSA bulk telephony metadata program conducted under Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act. The President directed the Intelligence Community and the Attorney General to develop options for a new approach to match the capabilities and fill the gaps that the Section 215 program was designed to address without the government acquiring this metadata in bulk.</q>

DiEugenio refuses to give America’s first black President credit for anything.

Neither does Donald Trump. It’s a standard Team Fascism narrative.

Did he get us out of Afghanistan?  Its pretty bad when Trump does the things that Obama should have done.

Trump got us out of Afghanistan?

Since when?

How is it DiEugenio won’t give Obama credit for his accomplishments but he gives Trump credit for something that hasn’t happened?

I mean how can anyone defend Libya and Honduras?  

Can’t defend Obama’s policies in Libya or Honduras.  Those are black marks on his foreign policy record.

But how can anyone honestly ignore the Iran nuke deal, the negotiated removal of Syrian chemical weapons, the opening to Cuba, or the Paris Climate Accords?

Trump/DiEugenio will never give Obama credit for anything, ever.

Defending Obama by saying that he did not have a veto proof senate reminds me of the shameless defense of Clinton that says well, derivatives and the destruction of Glass Steagall had the votes anyway! 

What a shameless straw man!

Does DiEugenio have a clue how the US government operates?  

Obama needed 60 votes to pass legislation.  He only had 57 Democratic Senators.  He needed Independent Joe Lieberman and two Republicans.  He ended up with three — Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe and our bete noire Arlen Specter.

Time was of the essence. The economy was in free-fall in the winter of 2009.  Obama took office on January 20 and signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 on February 16.

Well, Clinton could have vetoed both.  He did not.  When JFK began his partial test ban treaty everything was stacked against him.  He worked on it day and night: it passed overwhelmingly.  When he began his civil rights bill in 1963 he was not even close to getting it passed--back then you needed 67 votes to dodge a filibuster.  So, in June of 1963, he began the biggest lobbying program in modern history .  That program paid off when, after his death, RFK, HHH and Tom Kuchel broke the filibuster in the summer of 1964.  Russell later admitted that it was JFK's courting of, and bringing into Washington, the midwest Protestant ministers that eventually broke the filibuster. 

To me, that's leadership. 

Let’s game this out.  DiEugenio thinks that Obama should have spent a year lobbying for some undefined “restructuring” while the economy collapsed from inaction?

More good points, Cliff.

It seems that Jim believes every president since JFK has been awful.

Well somebody had to fill in the top ten in the list. So I guess that's the reason it includes all these awful presidents.

Sandy, these are good points eh?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/us-troops-afghanistan/index.html

Obama actually committed more troops to Afghanistan, about 17, 000

Second, 2013 precedes 2014.  Greenwald first started writing about Snowden in 2013

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/snowden-and-greenwald-the-men-who-leaked-the-secrets-104970/

This is why i see no point in reading anything Varnell writes. Thanks to you I had to read this.

Also,  WIlson, Ike and Truman all preceded Kennedy.  There were only two of the five that came after.