The Education Forum

Pool of blood - Dealey Plaza

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I am hoping I don’t get shot down in flames for something that has already been covered extensively. I listened to this a while back and found it interesting:

If this is a credible statement, I believe that someone could tell the difference between a soft drink and human blood. What do we think the origin of it is? 

1) Is it possible someone was wounded by a ricochet? 
2) Is there any possibility someone saw something at an inopportune moment, given the proximity to the location of a potential shooter and that they fell foul of something just before the president was shot.  

Are there any missing persons reported that day or hospital admittance records for gunshot wounds that would be obtainable? 

961C67DE-C14F-43AB-BC1E-709BEE74D9DA.jpeg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to an informative discussion about the puddle.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/9768-blood-in-dealey-plaza/?do=findComment&comment=402521

And, some Darnell footage which shows the puddle at lower left on the sidewalk:

Darnell2.gif

29 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to an informative discussion about the puddle.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/9768-blood-in-dealey-plaza/?do=findComment&comment=402521

And, some Darnell footage which shows the puddle at lower left on the sidewalk:

Darnell2.gif

Thanks a lot Chris, it’s a fascinating read and seems probably we do have a wounded SS or faux SS person attending Parkland for treatment. 

19 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

NBC News early report: @55:10 an NBC camera car following the limo reports picking up a Secret Service man who had been "left behind" in Dealey and taking him to Parkland.  As with all early reports, the truth may be mangled.

Thanks for that. You’re absolutely right. The most raw, uncorrupted information would have gone out in those first few hours. As well planned as anything is, there are so many variables in assassination that even the greatest minds couldn’t cover all bases. 

On 8/13/2020 at 7:51 PM, Chris Barnard said:

Is there any possibility someone saw something at an inopportune moment, given the proximity to the location of a potential shooter and that they fell foul of something just before the president was shot.  

Two of the three men who ran up the stairs when the headshot came we’re never identified or interviewed AFAIK. 

I know it's an extremely poor quality, grainy and unfocused video shot above of that pool of liquid (where at least one "looking down" man seemingly notices and purposely steps around it ) but from what I can see the pool is very dark in color which in my common sense view differentiates it from any soda spill.

I've spilled every kind of soda including darker colored Coke, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi or grape soda and because these and all other sodas are over 95% plain water, they thin out immediately and do not appear as dark as the pool of liquid in the photo imo.

If this was a soda pop spill,  passersby would see no more than slightly colored water and probably not even step around such a spill.

The pool above seems dark enough to be thicker in viscosity than watery sodas for sure.

Yet, the video is really rough in focused detail.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I don't disbelieve (yet), but why would there be a sizeable pool of blood, and no blood trail seen?  Who stood there, or lay there, long enough to drop that much blood?  How did they exit without leaving a trail, or how were they removed?

Edited by David Andrews

On 8/13/2020 at 7:51 PM, Chris Barnard said:

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I am hoping I don’t get shot down in flames for something that has already been covered extensively. I listened to this a while back and found it interesting:

If this is a credible statement, I believe that someone could tell the difference between a soft drink and human blood. What do we think the origin of it is? 

1) Is it possible someone was wounded by a ricochet? 
2) Is there any possibility someone saw something at an inopportune moment, given the proximity to the location of a potential shooter and that they fell foul of something just before the president was shot.  

Are there any missing persons reported that day or hospital admittance records for gunshot wounds that would be obtainable? 

961C67DE-C14F-43AB-BC1E-709BEE74D9DA.jpeg

It is a fascinating interview. I've listened to it many times.

Coley mentions his newspaper photographer co-worker Jim Hood accompanying him back to the liquid pool less than 30 minutes after first seeing this himself, Hood then dropping down, rubbing his little finger into the liquid, tasting this and stating..."That's Blood" alright. And then taking a photograph of the liquid pool.

I would think someone as rational and observant as this professional newspaper photographer would know the difference in color, viscosity and taste...between real blood and any kind of soda.

I love root beer, Dr. Pepper, Coke, Pepsi. Still drink too much root beer for sure.

I would notice the difference between these sweet sodas and salty human blood. Wouldn't you?

6 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

I don't disbelieve (yet), but why would there be a sizeable pool of blood, and no blood trail seen?  Who stood there, or lay there, long enough to drop that much blood?  How did they exit without leaving a trail, or how were they removed?

Notice David, the pool of whatever, is just on the edge of a 6 ft wide cement walkway.

A walkway that is surrounded all around by great swaths of grass.

Anybody hit and running would not be running back down to Elm on the cement steps and path. They would have run out on the grass and probably back behind the fence and Pergola, where the ground is just plain dirt.

It would be tough to find a blood trail in 3 inch high grass imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

This guy Coley sounds so honest to me.

He didn't say one word about the incident publicly for 13 YEARS after the initial three or four days of that weekend.

Sure not seeking attention in that regards.

Also, when Coley returned to the suspected pool of blood later that day, or even early the next day, it was completely gone.

Now, if it was soda pop, why would anyone take the time to bring and pour water on such an innocuous, meaningless spill to wash it away during that incredibly chaotic time?

And it didn't rain that evening did it?

Or, did an automatic sprinkler system come on all over the grassy knoll in the evening and do this? I don't think electronic automatic sprinkler systems existed back then.

If a sprinkler system came on it was a manually operated one.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Interesting statement of suspicion Coley makes regards Jack Ruby and his oft repeated love of Jackie Kennedy and a liking of Jack Kennedy.

Coley says it always struck him that man about town, JFK and Jackie loving Ruby would remain in his office building from 8:00 AM until after JFK was shot at 12:30 PM ( almost 5 hours!) that almost once in a lifetime major event morning and not want to see his beloved President and classy Jackie in person on the street below as Coley, his co-worker and hundreds of thousands of other Dallas area residents did themselves.

It was just a short 3 block walk to a great up close motorcade view on the corner of Houston and Main from the newspaper building and offices. Coley and his friend made that walk around 11:AM and you can actually see them both in famous video footage perched above the sidewalk crowd there as the Presidential limo passes right in front of them just before 12:15 PM.

Coley also recalls that on normal Fridays, Ruby would come into their offices to place his Carousel Club weekend ads, however, he never stayed more than 1 hour when doing so.

Coley also mentions seeing first hand a man directly across the street from him and his friend in front of the Houston Street reflective pool having an apparent epileptic fit just a few minutes before JFK's motorcade arrived. An ambulance came to take the man away.

This dramatic event struck Coley as unusually odd, especially considering it's coincidental timing.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Obviously a little bit of embellishment from Coley here dramatically changes the narrative but, I just don’t see the motive for him to lie or embellish. Its a sensitive topic that could ultimately bring him more trouble than its worth. Thats why I think he is honest. Anyone who dips their finger in blood vs sodapop cannot mistake the two. 

Do you guys have any theories? Seems an odd ricochet angle. Could an innocent bystander who witnessed someone at the fence with a rifle just before the shooting have been in the wrong place at the wrong time? Could he have been chucked in a car boot? I wonder if there were any missing persons that day. I am clutching at straws. The epileptic fit is also curious timing, though it doesn’t make it a natural occurrence. Who was the person taken away in the ambulance? 

Edited by Chris Kennedy-Barnard

Landis (right rear running board) was tracking a black male running left to right up through there. He was looking to where he thought a shot came from (front and right) Landis had his gun out, he was pointing at him, but could not see anything in his hands.

The thing with the blood pool, the size of it infers the victim came to a full stop and really bled out.

If anybody was lying there, Landis's black male would have virtually leapt over the body.

Unless, of course, Landis actually popped a few rounds off.

Come to think of it, Jean Hill said she thought the SS returned fire.

21 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

Landis (right rear running board) was tracking a black male running left to right up through there. He was looking to where he thought a shot came from (front and right) Landis had his gun out, he was pointing at him, but could not see anything in his hands.

The thing with the blood pool, the size of it infers the victim came to a full stop and really bled out.

If anybody was lying there, Landis's black male would have virtually leapt over the body.

Unless, of course, Landis actually popped a few rounds off.

Come to think of it, Jean Hill said she thought the SS returned fire.

You're right, a pool that size is a significant loss of blood and indicates someone bleeding on one place, not on the move.