The Education Forum

The scope

Steve Thomas

Script was modified on or about November 29th:

(H&L pp 755)

"Ryder told agent Moore that on Friday (November 29) he was interviewed by a woman who said she was from the White House Press. She told Ryder that the rifle
used by Oswald was sold by Klein's Sporting Goods of Chicago, with a scope already mounted."

On Thursday November 28th there was a front page newspaper article that said Dial Ryder had mounted the scope and bore-sighted Oswald's rifle.

However, Dial Ryder denied this when he was contacted. He told CBS News that the article was wrong and he never mounted any scope for Oswald.

After that -- panic -- and all of a sudden someone is calling Dial Ryder and telling him the rifle already had a scope mounted on it.

What happened here?  I think that Dial Ryder had a good enough memory that he realized he never mounted any scope for this guy, in spite of the phony repair tag. He denied the whole thing, and as a result, the plotters switched the script on the fly.  

Edited by Richard Booth

I wonder if the reason the money order was never cashed is because the script was changed:

• The script is changed: Oswald ordered a rifle with a scope. As a result:
  • Another money order is fabricated. This one for $21.45. It never goes through the banking system and is subsequently "found" and this is why it has no stamps on it from banks

Was there a previous money order for $12 and some change, for a rifle with NO SCOPE on it, that did get cashed and did go through the banking system? That was subsequently ignored in favor of a fabricated money order for $21.45 to account for a rifle with a scope?

Is it possible that the fabricated money order that was not cashed was a result of the late-November change in the script to accommodate the notion that Oswald purchased the rifle and the scope at the same time? 

Edited by Richard Booth

Steve,

I came across this notation in an article as it relates to the rifle:

"It was Pena who traced Oswald's telescopic sight to a California gun shop." 163

The Pena in question is Manny Pena, an LAPD detective. I haven't heard this before, and find it strange that an LAPD cop would be involved in any way with examining the scope.

The footnote in question reveals this to come from "22H 528" which I don't know what that refers to.

Found here:

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/v1n2/gtds_3.html#N_163_

I think this is a reference to the WC volumes, exhibit 1331 mentions the scope manufacturer and Det. Pena

1331 Secret Service report, Los Angeles, Calif., dated December 3, 1963, concerning origin of gun sight used on assassination weapon at Los Angeles, Calif. (CD 87, 88 control No. 430).

Here is the exhibit, the SS report which talks about the scope:

https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh22/html/WH_Vol22_0279b.htm

Edited by Richard Booth

20 hours ago, Dan Troyer said:

Richard,

Read this about Manny Pena, the later connection to RFK, and CIA link to him, and see what you think.

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKpena.htm

Hey Dan,

I know who he is from the RFK case and the way he handled a witness in that case, I've heard the recording of that interrogation. It made me sick.

This is why I was surprised to see his name in this case. I probably shouldn't be surprised given who it is.

EDIT: I'm confusing this guy with one of his co-workers, Hank Hernandez. That's the guy I was thinking of re: interrogation

As far as what I think, it could simply be "happenstance" that this guy appears in both the JFK and RFK cases but my natural inclination is to think he was involved in both because he was "cooperative" with certain authorities. 

I was reading a book about the Karen Silkwood case and in that book it talks about the CIA having people embedded in various police organizations throughout the country. I think it's reasonable to conclude that Pena was one of these assets. And so it should be no surprise he is tasked with something in the JFK case before he was tasked with other things for the RFK case. 

As is usual, we see the fingerprints of intelligence in these cases.

Edited by Richard Booth