The Education Forum

Message from John Newman

Douglas Caddy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated on my show after seeing this presentation last November at CAPA, real researchers have known Veciana and his assertions were full of sh*t for many years.  I wish someone of Newman's resources, research ability, and intellect would focus his attention on other aspects of the case, as they are clearly wasted debunking Veciana  To hear it straight from Newman's mouth.... https://www.spreaker.com/user/7336374/john-newman-presentation-capa-2019

The thing is Veciana did tell some truths. He and some of his compatriots were recruited by "Bishop" and did try to assassinate Castro. It just wasn't Maurice Bishop and it wasn't David Phillips. I suspect that he had quite a bit of extra funds that he raised as part of his Alpha-66 activities and needed an explanation as to how he got(kept) these funds of $263,000 and claimed that Maurice Bishop gave him that sum. Was he really that valuable? Heck the CIA only paid Gustavo Villoldo $30,000 and he helped capture Che as a "technical advisor" to the Bolivian Government.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=191363#relPageId=4&tab=page

32 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

The thing is Veciana did tell some truths. He and some of his compatriots were recruited by "Bishop" and did try to assassinate Castro. It just wasn't Maurice Bishop and it wasn't David Phillips. I suspect that he had quite a bit of extra funds that he raised as part of his Alpha-66 activities and needed an explanation as to how he got(kept) these funds of $263,000 and claimed that Maurice Bishop gave him that sum. Was he really that valuable? Heck the CIA only paid Gustavo Villoldo $30,000 and he helped capture Che as a "technical advisor" to the Bolivian Government.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=191363#relPageId=4&tab=page

David,

Who was Bishop then in your view?

Any thoughts about the credibility of the story of David Phillip's death bed confession made to his estranged brother stating he ( Phillips ) was in Dallas on 11,22,1963?

Hi Tracy. Bill Simpich provides some good background on the plots to assassinate Castro in the summer of 1961.

Jim Bouling was Jim Pekich. Pekich organized the networks that still existed in Cuba.

Carl Hitch was Cal Hicks. Hicks was a paramilitary officer that worked on the Cuba Project/BOP. He worked with some of the Cuban recruits in the New Orleans area along his assistant Guy Vitale. Hicks was Veciana's CO up until 1962 when Veciana lost his POA and joined up with Eloy Gutierrez-Menoyo's SFNE.

In 1962 Hicks and Vitale would work for Bill Harvey as part of the PM staff for Task Force W.  Hicks would be promoted to Chief, WH/4/Paramiltary replacing Col. Art Maloney in 1964. Hicks later went to work for David Phillips as part of Phillips Intelligence Watch group.

Harold Bishop was likely their supervisor during the Cuba Project/BOP.

20 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Any thoughts about the credibility of the story of David Phillip's death bed confession made to his estranged brother stating he ( Phillips ) was in Dallas on 11,22,1963?

Phillips, of course, was stationed in Mexico at the time. There's a document that places him there at the time of the assassination (don't have a link right now). Common sense says that If Phillips had been involved in a plot to kill JFK he would have been as far away from Dallas as he could get. The story is just one of those things that gets started and developed a life of its own. 

46 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Phillips, of course, was stationed in Mexico at the time. There's a document that places him there at the time of the assassination (don't have a link right now). Common sense says that If Phillips had been involved in a plot to kill JFK he would have been as far away from Dallas as he could get.

The story is just one of those things that is gets started and developed a life of its own. 

I see. Fair enough.

Does your story dismissal also include the claim that Phillips and his brother did indeed have a very strained relationship?

Not trying to distract from the thread with my Phillips questions, just curious about the story as it did make it to some published venue obviously.

And if it isn't even more frivolous ( if so, just ignore this question ) what about Phillip's similar occupation counterpart E. Howard Hunt's end of life recorded claim of LBJ/Cord Meyer involvement in the "Big Event" with Hunt refusing an offer to be more involved than simply a "Bench Warmer" role?

And Hunt's similar denial of being in Dallas himself on 11,22,1963?

Your common sense logic regards Phillips not wanting to be in Dallas for reasons of implication should also apply to Hunt, yes?

Yet, after some fair amount of under oath litigation scrutiny ( documented ) in his lawsuit against Mark Lane ( won but later tossed ) Hunt's claim of being back at home in Virginia with his wife and kids on 11,22,1963 seemed very weak with even two of his children disputing their father's claim of being there.

I guess my take is that in their career field ( Phillips and Hunt) lying about so many things is a trained, accepted and expected part of their trade craft. A patriotic duty. So, wouldn't common sense tell you to question everything they say and claim, even under oath?

Edited by Joe Bauer

3 hours ago, David Boylan said:

Hi Tracy. Bill Simpich provides some good background on the plots to assassinate Castro in the summer of 1961.

Jim Bouling was Jim Pekich. Pekich organized the networks that still existed in Cuba.

Carl Hitch was Cal Hicks. Hicks was a paramilitary officer that worked on the Cuba Project/BOP. He worked with some of the Cuban recruits in the New Orleans area along his assistant Guy Vitale. Hicks was Veciana's CO up until 1962 when Veciana lost his POA and joined up with Eloy Gutierrez-Menoyo's SFNE.

In 1962 Hicks and Vitale would work for Bill Harvey as part of the PM staff for Task Force W.  Hicks would be promoted to Chief, WH/4/Paramiltary replacing Col. Art Maloney in 1964. Hicks later went to work for David Phillips as part of Phillips Intelligence Watch group.

Harold Bishop was likely their supervisor during the Cuba Project/BOP.

Thanks David.

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

I see. Fair enough.

Does your story dismissal also include the claim that Phillips and his brother did indeed have a very strained relationship?

Not trying to distract from the thread with my Phillips questions, just curious about the story as it did make it to some published venue obviously.

And if it isn't even more frivolous ( if so, just ignore this question ) what about Phillip's similar occupation counterpart E. Howard Hunt's end of life recorded claim of LBJ/Cord Meyer involvement in the "Big Event" with Hunt refusing an offer to be more involved than simply a "Bench Warmer" role?

And Hunt's similar denial of being in Dallas himself on 11,22,1963?

Your common sense logic regards Phillips not wanting to be in Dallas for reasons of implication should also apply to Hunt, yes?

Yet, after some fair amount of under oath litigation scrutiny ( documented ) in his lawsuit against Mark Lane ( won but later tossed ) Hunt's claim of being back at home in Virginia with his wife and kids on 11,22,1963 seemed very weak with even two of his children disputing their father's claim of being there.

I guess my take is that in their career field ( Phillips and Hunt) lying about so many things is a trained, accepted and expected part of their trade craft. A patriotic duty. So, wouldn't common sense tell you to question everything they say and claim, even under oath?

You are right-Phillips' and his brother had a falling out. His brother didn't respect what he did. But, here is the story told by the document I mentioned. I understand that some theorists believe this ties Phillips to the assassination, but Joan Mellen admits that it places him in Mexico during that time. From Spartacus:

[Quote on]

Miami is informing its Mexico City station that one "Henry J. Sloman," an alias for longtime CIA asset Anthony (Tony) Sforza, would be arriving in Mexico on November 22nd ... In Mexico City, Sloman/Sforza was to meet the wife of an agent designated as AMHALF-2, and retrieve a message regarding the "Martime Exfil of headquarters asset" who was to arrive in Mexico "on 22 November," and may have been Fidel Castro's sister, Juanita. Sloman was ordered to contact Phillips, mentioned here under his longtime alias "[Michael] Choaden," on the next day and pick up the information that had arrived from "[02] Exit-3."

[quote off]

Mellen writes in "A Farewell to Justice," "If Phillips was down in Mexico, as he would be expected to be, waiting for Sloman, he was not in Texas."

Of course, I don't believe Phillips had anything to do with the assassination. But my point is if he did, he would not be so foolish as to place himself at the scene of the crime. Phillips was an executive not a soldier. He had a close call in Cuba in 1959 and after that he operated out of the cozy confines of an office.

Sloman/Sforza was to call Choaden/Phillips at the office or at home. This doesn't actually prove that Phillips answered. And where was Phillips' "home" on 11/22/63?

This was the woman that Sloman/Sforza was to meet. AMHALF's wife - https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=45337&search="olga_rosquete"#relPageId=2&tab=page

Sforza was involved in Juanita Castro's defection (AMSTRUT-2). Sforza aka Frank Stevens aka Enrique - https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=180702#relPageId=3&tab=page

Tony Sforza was also working on recruiting Azcue during the summer of 1963. Winston Scott was putting pressure on his guys and Sforza to recruit Azcue before he was scheduled to return to Cuba in early Oct 1963.  

Sforza had sent in one of his AMOT's, AMOT-106 Jose CASAS who was friends with Azcue to make an approach to recruit Azcue.

As John Newman says, the CIA often had a black op contained in a standard operation. If I was a conspiracy minded individual, I'd say that Sforza was coordinating with Phillips as part of Phase One - LHO was a communist and Castro had JFK assassinated. Like getting his asset Gilberto Alvarado to fabricate that he saw Oswald accept $6500 from a "red headed Cuban" at the Cuban Consulate to kill JFK.