The Education Forum

JFK Lancer Virtual 2020 Conference

Yes, that is what Groden did say - and that generally brings up a lot of counter arguments about timing -  its surely is one of the points about Oswald's known movements that would have been offered up by a good defense team if he had gone to trial. 

Along with the lack of any motive, and his positive comments about JFK, his movements that day would have been a real problem for the prosecution (assuming that the fellows testifying would have felt safe telling the truth - and that's a big assumption).

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen maybe a third of the conference so far so it's great to be able to go back and watch hopefully all I've missed this week.  With the download in December I'll be watching and re watching some well through the darkness of winter and further into the future.

Today about all I saw was part of Robert Groden, including mentioning Oswald getting change (highly disputed), and David Knight whose presentation I found very interesting.  I need to check the  PROJECT JFK / CSI DALLAS website out in depth.  I did catch Mr. Groden and judy in disguise, sideways on the grassy knoll for 57 seconds of silence and Amazing Grace.

Now I'm finally going to watch Jim's presentation on JFK and the Mid East from yesterday morning.  Before I read the Kennedys And King - Nasser, Kennedy, the Middle East, and Israel article.

Much food for thought.  Thanks to all who participated.  Just from what I've seen thus far I think it's worth tweaking for the future.

I just finally watched the Myths presentation with Chuck Ochelli, Carmine Savastano, Mike Swanson and Larry. Nice.  A younger (than me) look backwards and forward, interesting perspectives.

I am curious about this mention by Carmine and later Chuck of a "theory" about Ferrie being in Dealy Plaza, a shooter???  Never read about this in 30 plus years of interest.  Is it disinformation meant to distract?  Yet Ferrie is a myth?  Did I mis hear or mis interpret?  Ferrie was seen going in and out of Bannister's office(s) was he not? Along with Oswald, Sergio Arcacha Smith among others.  His importance is much deeper than that.

There was no evidence LBJ was corrupt?  I beg to differ.  He originated the concept of dead voters.

Well first off personally I certainly would describe LBJ as extremely corrupt, perhaps somebody said he wasn't with an intent to be sardonic, don't recall.

As to Ferrie, I suspect someone has called out as a shooter although I'm not sure exactly who.  I'll leave his importance to be argued by others.  Most of the discussion I recall had to do with the reliability of Jack Martin, the library card etc.  Not something I'm going to wade into - Ron, I'd suggest you go to the conference page and take it up with the speaker directly since most of the folks here won't have heard that presentation. The discussion of various presentations is still in progress there.

Edited by Larry Hancock

On 11/26/2020 at 8:17 AM, Larry Hancock said:

Well first off personally I certainly would describe LBJ as extremely corrupt, perhaps somebody said he wasn't with an intent to be sardonic, don't recall.

As to Ferrie, I suspect someone has called out as a shooter although I'm not sure exactly who.  I'll leave his importance to be argued by others.  Most of the discussion I recall had to do with the reliability of Jack Martin, the library card etc.  Not something I'm going to wade into - Ron, I'd suggest you go to the conference page and take it up with the speaker directly since most of the folks here won't have heard that presentation. The discussion of various presentations is still in progress there.

Larry, time for your trademark "grin" comment LOL:

The Ferrie-as-assassin story originated from this 1988 documentary (I immediately recognized it when you guys mentioned it):

The Day The Dream Died 1988 JFK Assassination Documentary - YouTube

14 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

Larry, time for your trademark "grin" comment LOL:

The Ferrie-as-assassin story originated from this 1988 documentary (I immediately recognized it when you guys mentioned it):

The Day The Dream Died 1988 JFK Assassination Documentary - YouTube

Thanks, Vince.

I hadn't seen that program before. I watched it last night. At one point, I would have considered it brave and cutting edge.  With some distance on the case, however, I now find it misleading, and fairly embarrassing. 

I mean, I hope I'm not the only CT who thought it was mostly crap. 

P.S. What's up with those "shots" found on the dictabelt that were added onto the Z-film? I'm fairly certain they didn't match up with the shots claimed by the HSCA acoustics experts. So where did they come from? Was this something Mack, Ferrell, and Groden were pushing in the 80's? If so, shame on them. 

7 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Thanks, Vince.

I hadn't seen that program before. I watched it last night. At one point, I would have considered it brave and cutting edge.  With some distance on the case, however, I now find it misleading, and fairly embarrassing. 

I mean, I hope I'm not the only CT who thought it was mostly crap. 

P.S. What's up with those "shots" found on the dictabelt that were added onto the Z-film? I'm fairly certain they didn't match up with the shots claimed by the HSCA acoustics experts. So where did they come from? Was this something Mack, Ferrell, and Groden were pushing in the 80's? If so, shame on them. 

My pleasure, Pat.

I agree---I found the program fairly "compelling" back in 1991. Now, I think it is crap.

Those "shots" added to the Z-film MAY be for dramatic purposes (similar to the ones found on Groden's 1993 JFK: The Case for Conspiracy). Still, very misleading to the uninitiated.

I just started downloading presentations today.  A slow process, wish I'd started sooner but we've been busy.  An hour and a few minutes of David Boylan took 30 minutes to download.

Just watched Brian Edwards Tactical Analysis.  Great work.  Brings up more questions, highlights a few things I've thought.  I need to download it too.

The idea of Ferrie being in Dallas goes way back to the FBI in 1963.

Newsman Gene Barnes told the Bureau that another reporter, Bob Mulholland, told him he had talked to a guy named Ferrie in Dallas that day. When the FBI got to Mulholland, he said that Barnes had  the story screwed up. He did not mean he had talked to Ferrie in Dallas.  Only that he knew Ferrie  was an investigator and owned an airplane. Mulholland got this from a phone call he had made to WDSU.

It is very unlikely that Ferrie was in Dallas that day.  In fact, logistically, I really do not see how it could have happened.  And tactically it makes no sense.

Edited by James DiEugenio

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

The idea of Ferrie being in Dallas goes way back to the FBI in 1963.

Newsman Gene Barnes told the Bureau that another reporter, Bob Mulholland, told him he had talked to a guy named Ferrie in Dallas that day. When the FBI got to Mulholland, he said that Barnes had  the story screwed up. He did not mean he had talked to Ferrie in Dallas.  Only that he knew Ferrie  was an investigator and owned an airplane. Mulholland got this from a phone call he had made to WDSU.

It is very unlikely that Ferrie was in Dallas that day.  In fact, logistically, I really do not see how it could have happened.  And tactically it makes no sense.

Thanks for setting the record straight Jim.  Seems there is good reason for my lack of knowledge about it.  It was a non-sequitur.   While the UK 1988 The Day The Dream Died dramatizes the non story there was no basis in fact.  If he was in a court room in New Orleans with Marcello at the time of the assassination it's physically impossible to be in Dealy Plaza at the same time.  I've wondered before if that might not have been a planned alibi on his part as he was involved as is well documented.  Like driving to Houston that night in a driving rain storm.  To go ice skating and duck hunting. Neither of which he did.  Well, he did go to the ice skating rink to use the phone and wait on calls, if memory serves me correct.

Yes that is what Ferrie did that day: Houston and Galveston.

From Galveston to Dallas is another 300 miles. Which would mean about four hours.

Like I said, I don't see how logistically that is possible.  And tactically, to have someone as identifiable as Ferrie on the scene, to me that makes no sense.  I think Ferrie was most likely a getaway pilot.  And that would be his pretext for being at the skating rink.

That's a good one Joe.

DId Dan really say that?