The Education Forum

Olive Branches to Jeff Carter, & Robert Wheeler

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

The No Wave singer Cristina died of Covid this year in NYC.  Enjoy this video before Leiber & Stoller have it taken down (again).

Great. Thanks. I’m not sure why but it’s reminiscent of Kurt Weill/Brecht 

3 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Germanic waltz tempo?  It's there on the Peggy Lee also.

The next one is great too. I love this stuff. It’s much more interesting than straight out punk. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

9 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

No Wave - completely new to me 

Wiki:

No wave was a short-lived avant-garde music and art scene that emerged in the late 1970s in downtown New York City.[3][4] Reacting against punk rock's recycling of rock and roll clichés, no wave musicians instead experimented with noise, dissonance and atonality in addition to a variety of non-rock genres, while often reflecting an abrasive, confrontational, and nihilistic worldview. </q>

Biden Watch

Washington Lobbyists Know Biden Well—as Their Former Boss

https://www.wsj.com/articles/washington-lobbyists-know-biden-wellas-their-former-boss-11605522603

WASHINGTONPresident-elect Joe Biden’s ambitious Democratic agenda—including raising corporate taxes—faces formidable opposition from a power center he knows well: former aides who are now lobbyists or advisers to companies and industries at odds with his goals.

Scores of Mr. Biden’s former aides now on K Street represent hundreds of companies, trade groups and foreign companies. One person in the mix for a top White House role is Mr. Biden’s campaign chairman Steve Ricchetti, who co-owned a lobbying firm for more than a decade with his brother Jeffrey Ricchetti.

Mr. Biden, unlike the four most recent presidents, has deep ties to the Washington establishment from his 44 years in the Senate and as vice president. He named at least 40 current and former registered lobbyists to his transition team.