The Education Forum

"Are the JFK Conspiracies Slowly Dying?" by Craig Colgan

S.T. Patrick

58 minutes ago, Colm Byrne said:

Here is the most modern theory, which if/when fully researched might put the case to bed.

A bit over-elaborate isn't it? I much prefer the south knoll shots.

LEE HARVEY OSWALD

Will the cold dead body of Lee Oswald

Lay forever in a traitor's grave

Know his soul will have fair judgement

Be he guiltless, or a knave.

Did he assassinate the President

Was he truthfully accused

Guilty yes, or was he innocent

He has left all this world confused.

(by H J Dean)

(This was placed on Oswald's grave 1964, President LBJ

was angry and ordered an investigation)

• 2 weeks later...

IMO unsolved mysteries are always going to be compelling on some level. People still write books on Jack the Ripper. I recently noticed someone's YouTube video on the American Civil War had amassed several million views in just three years. The Civil War still sparks interest, and there's no mystery element there. In contrast, the JFK assassination is filled with ancillary mysteries, many of them complex. Some of the mysteries are brutally simple, and it's continually challenging to seek out as many answers as we can.

Has the Buzzfeed Unsolved Mysteries episode on JFK been discussed here? One of the things that stood out to me in relation the topic of this thread was when one host asked the other if he had any prior knowledge of the case, and he replied "Someday I'll read a 700 page book on it." So it appears that even some people in the unsolved mysteries business aren't interested enough in the subject to explore it further, seemingly daunted by the sheer volume of information.

I think that's part of what keeps it from attracting more interest. It's daunting enough to read a 700 page book, much less one that demands at least some knowledge of the politics of the era and has complicated (and conflicting) medical and ballistic evidence. And where does an average person even start when first exploring books on the assassination? The knowledge that you could be reading a 700 page book on the JFK assassination, and there would still be waiting for you another 700 page book out there arguing the exact opposite of what you just read, has to be discouraging to some people, I would imagine.

These theories seem to begin with prejudicial political beliefs, and not with an open academic mind willing to try the evidence as if it was being placed before a jury to decide. While miscarriages of justice do take place where a judge or member of a jury has been bribed or blackmailed, by and large the system works. But not so with cases that remain 'unsolved' due to vested interests not wanting a final verdict to be rendered. The JFK-LHO-JR instance is one such case. It could be solved quite easily and a final verdict rendered, but until everyone is deceased and their children are deceased, that probably is not going to happen.

19 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

These theories seem to begin with prejudicial political beliefs, and not with an open academic mind willing to try the evidence as if it was being placed before a jury to decide. While miscarriages of justice do take place where a judge or member of a jury has been bribed or blackmailed, by and large the system works. But not so with cases that remain 'unsolved' due to vested interests not wanting a final verdict to be rendered. The JFK-LHO-JR instance is one such case. It could be solved quite easily and a final verdict rendered, but until everyone is deceased and their children are deceased, that probably is not going to happen.

Correct.  It is odd that some ague Dealey was actually a mini-Republican convention that day.  I guess to these individuals their conspiracy is shaped by their political views while glossing over LBJ and associates.   

17 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Correct.  It is odd that some ague Dealey was actually a mini-Republican convention that day.  I guess to these individuals their conspiracy is shaped by their political views while glossing over LBJ and associates.   

Oh no.  I fear I maybe grouped into "one of these individuals", it could be devastating.  Me accused of being a reality theorist regarding a conspiracy?  But to think I'd gloss over LBJ is truly naïve.  

On 12/11/2020 at 3:17 AM, Denny Zartman said:

Has the Buzzfeed Unsolved Mysteries episode on JFK been discussed here? One of the things that stood out to me in relation the topic of this thread was when one host asked the other if he had any prior knowledge of the case, and he replied "Someday I'll read a 700 page book on it." So it appears that even some people in the unsolved mysteries business aren't interested enough in the subject to explore it further, seemingly daunted by the sheer volume of information.

I think that's part of what keeps it from attracting more interest. It's daunting enough to read a 700 page book, much less one that demands at least some knowledge of the politics of the era and has complicated (and conflicting) medical and ballistic evidence. And where does an average person even start when first exploring books on the assassination? The knowledge that you could be reading a 700 page book on the JFK assassination, and there would still be waiting for you another 700 page book out there arguing the exact opposite of what you just read, has to be discouraging to some people, I would imagine.

I couldn't agree more, Denny, and I say it often to those who will listen. As a former high school teacher, I can tell you that the interest in the JFK assassination is little-to-none beyond "So, who do you think did it? was it the mob or the CIA or what?" That was the typical question I fielded, and that was the extent of my students' interest. Mind you, I also had high-level Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate students in History, too. If any of the HS kids would have been interested, they would have. All that said, they had immense interest in "the 9/11 conspiracies," as I'll call them here (though the phrase bothers me a bit). The time periods of interest have shifted as the generations have come and gone. Sure, there are exceptions, but I think this is now the rule: For adults under 40 (and kids), 9/11 is *the* story and JFK is now what Pearl Harbor was to the kids going to high school in the 1980s. It's mildly interesting, but it's "an old people's story." They can get into the Charles Manson story because it's weird enough, and they can get into Sandy Hook and Columbine because they understand schools and such. But JFK, no, and RFK, even less. Chappaquiddick might as well be a word they can't spell in German class to them. 

i explain all of this to say that I think we could have done a better job with "the next generation," the new frontier of researchers and speakers and authors, but we didn't. We didn't suggest books because we spent too much time ripping them to shreds. The most elitist thing I hear about books is the simple line "There's nothing new in there." Really? There isn't? New to whom? Most everyone picking up a history book in the store has not read the breadth of the literature on the topic they are skimming from the shelves. To them, even when "there is nothing new here," 99.9% of the book is new to them. I understand the phrase. You're saying you are so well-versed in the field that there isn't anything in there that isn't known already. Okay, but again, most people picking the book up haven't heard any of it. To them, it may be the only book they read on that topic. As long as it's well-written, accessible, has a storyline that can be followed, and builds some drama, they'll follow it as "new."   

And when we did suggest books to kids, we suggested Sylvia Meagher. I mean, really? A dissection of the Warren Commission for an 18 year old in 2020? I understand the importance of that book, but it doesn't work for this generation as a starting line. The only book I'd suggest to an 18-year-old who knows nothing of the case is Crossfire by Marrs, and that's because it's a sort of textbook, a general survey with very short sections, clearly defined sub-sections that are only two or three pages, a few good illustrations, and a plainly written, accessible text that they can follow from square one. That's a book that they can pick up and read part of chapter 10 and then part of chapter 3 and then a few pages on chapter 8, and still not be lost, depending on what they want to read about.

For many years, I've wanted to help wrote/publish a literal textbook that's an alternative to the McGraw Hills of the world, one written for average-to-smart high school kids and college students. Id want it to be hardcover like a textbook, have the textbook-ish thin paper, printed in color, organized like a textbook, full of graphic organizers, and something that can walk a non-partisan line through the last 120 years. We could really go into JFK/RFK/MLK/X/Hampton, Watergate, Pearl Harbor, October Surprise, 9/11, etc. Of course, we will have assignment and review materials that coincide with the text, as all textbooks have. That's always been a dream project.

We needed to give back and pass this down, and we've done a poor job doing so as a community (and that goes for all of the alt communities). Ive gathered a team (so far) of about 50-75 history teachers (pre-COVID) who I send the PDF of garrison to in exchange for them using it in class at least once and then sending me the materials they created for it or just explaining to me what they did with it. That's the start of trying to get into schools. But the project continues. We have to get into schools. Maybe I'm in the minority I'm sure I am), but we have to stop caring whether mock juries hearing a mock case argued by mock prosecutors and mock defense attorneys on a mock day in a mock state give us a thumbs up or down. We aren't moving one iota toward public acceptance through mock trials that no one will ever cover and no one will ever see. You know there are too many attorneys and government workers in your field when they keep suggesting mock trials. If you want to gain public acceptance, we have to start in schools. Ideas are ingrained at young ages. Some then change (many here have changed over the years, but we are researchers). Most don't. So, let's grab their attention when they're young and let's make truth matter then.

Just my two cents :)

Where do all cold case homicide investigations start?

A thorough examination of the physical evidence found with the body.

Why people don’t start the JFKA there has always mystified me.

After decades of blowing the “citizens’ investigation” the JFKA Master Class finally got it right.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/proof-of-conspiracy-in-jfk-assassination-rev

Edited by Cliff Varnell

David Mantik talked about this in his demolition of Fred Litwin's JFK book.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/i-was-not-a-teenage-jfk-conspiracy-freak

If you go to the appendix section, you will see where he does a population graph.  Stone's film is now about 30 years old.  

So a whole generation and a half has been born since.  All that these young people have gotten through the MSM is the Oswald did it story.  No matter how ludicrous it is.  And man how ludicrous can you get with Dale Myers calling the Single Bullet Fantasy, the Single Bullet Fact on national TV.  Or that Oswald's voice is on the tapes in Mexico City. Or the praise that the late Vince Bugliosi got on the MSM when his horrendous book came out. 

Its not like these young people are not interested.  I know that they are since I have discussed the issue with them up close.  But as we all know, the MSM has an agreement that this is all taboo, and we know that from Alec Baldwin, and Bob Loomis and Tom Brokaw themselves.  Its really a form of undeclared censorship.

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

David Mantik talked about this in his demolition of Fred Litwin's JFK book.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/i-was-not-a-teenage-jfk-conspiracy-freak

If you go to the appendix section, you will see where he does a population graph.  Stone's film is now about 30 years old.  

So a whole generation and a half has been born since.  All that these young people have gotten through the MSM is the Oswald did it story.  No matter how ludicrous it is.  And man how ludicrous can you get with Dale Myers calling the Single Bullet Fantasy, the Single Bullet Fact on national TV.  Or that Oswald's voice is on the tapes in Mexico City. Or the praise that the late Vince Bugliosi got on the MSM when his horrendous book came out. 

Its not like these young people are not interested.  I know that they are since I have discussed the issue with them up close.  But as we all know, the MSM has an agreement that this is all taboo, and we know that from Alec Baldwin, and Bob Loomis and Tom Brokaw themselves.  Its really a form of undeclared censorship.

Jim I think you know, probably better than I, it's not limited to just the MSM.  Textbooks from Jr Hi through college if they address the JFKA at all go with the lone assassin or alleged assassin.  Then drop the subject.  At best maybe, Then Dallas club owner Jack Ruby shot the alleged assassin or maybe a mention of multiple other conspiracy theories.  Wasn't that the goal of Operation Mockingbird, control of or at least influence at the highest levels of the MSM as well influencing reviews of books critical of the official assassination story or discouraging such at all, ignoring them.  Discouraging publication at all at least by the major publishers.  And, making sure text books mentioned little to nothing, the official story only if anything.  So most of us heard nothing else in our indoctrinated education.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 7:49 AM, Harry J.Dean said:

LEE HARVEY OSWALD

Will the cold dead body of Lee Oswald

Lay forever in a traitor's grave

Know his soul will have fair judgement

Be he guiltless, or a knave.

Did he assassinate the President

Was he truthfully accused

Guilty yes, or was he innocent

He has left all this world confused.

(by H J Dean)