The Education Forum

Allen Dulles at The Farm during JFK assassination

Morning guys,

I am not sure if I read that Dulles was at a CIA facility on the afternoon of JFK's assassination 22/11/63 in James W Douglass "The Unspeakable" or in David Talbot's "Brothers". Does anyone know what the source material was? Was he there? 

Thanks

Chris

6 minutes ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

See David Talbot's " The Devil's Chessboard" , Page 8. Footnote says the source was Dulles' Calendar. 

Thanks, spot on, I have a copy next to. me. 

11 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Thanks, spot on, I have a copy next to. me. 

Of course the ex-director (fired by JFK) was at The Farm at the very moment of JFK's assassination! Why, don't you know that ex-directors hang out at secure CIA facilities at crucial moments in American history all the time, and it's always a coincidence, unworthy of investigation or even speculation? Only a commie or a mental defective would possibly even wonder about that . . .

Next I suppose you'll tell me that you find it bizarre that Allen Dulles was not only named to but was also the most active member of the Warren Commission. Why, just because JFK refused to take the CIA's bait at the Bay of Pigs doesn't mean Dulles hated Kennedy with a purple passion - nooo, Allen Dulles always had the interests of ordinary Americans in mind, and kept sacred the right of the people to rule themselves through their popularly elected officials. Allen Dulles did not spend his entire professional career beholden to the most powerful members of American society, and nor did he seek to enlarge both his personal power and fortune at the expense of American interests. He did not spend 50 years advancing the interests of the most elite people in the world with every fiber of his being!

Nooo, Allen Dulles was a saint, a saint I tell you! 

I suppose you'll be telling me some fantasy about Dulles's belief that CIA officials ought to lie under oath when they believed it necessary! And I bet you'll try to infer something because Dulles said this before an astonished Warren Commission Executive Session on January 27, 1964, and the transcript of which was then marked "Top Secret" and withheld from the American public for over a decade!

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1328#relPageId=29&tab=page

What are you, some kind of conspiracy theorist?

31 minutes ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

Of course the ex-director (fired by JFK) was at The Farm at the very moment of JFK's assassination! Why, don't you know that ex-directors hang out at secure CIA facilities at crucial moments in American history all the time, and it's always a coincidence, unworthy of investigation or even speculation? Only a commie or a mental defective would possibly even wonder about that . . .

Next I suppose you'll tell me that you find it bizarre that Allen Dulles was not only named to but was also the most active member of the Warren Commission. Why, just because JFK refused to take the CIA's bait at the Bay of Pigs doesn't mean Dulles hated Kennedy with a purple passion - nooo, Allen Dulles always had the interests of ordinary Americans in mind, and kept sacred the right of the people to rule themselves through their popularly elected officials. Allen Dulles did not spend his entire professional career beholden to the most powerful members of American society, and nor did he seek to enlarge both his personal power and fortune at the expense of American interests. He did not spend 50 years advancing the interests of the most elite people in the world with every fiber of his being!

I suppose you'll be telling me some fantasy about Dulles's belief that CIA officials ought to lie under oath when they believed it necessary! And I bet you'll try to infer something because Dulles said this before an astonished Warren Commission Executive Session on January 27, 1964, and the transcript of which was then marked "Top Secret" and withheld from the American public for over a decade!

I'm certainly on your side, us Brits love a bit of sarcasm. 🙂

33 minutes ago, Paul Jolliffe said:

P.S. He is trying to keep a straight face in this interview. 

If you go a little deeper into Devil's Chessboard, pages 546-7, Dulles stayed at the Farm from Friday 11/22 through Sunday 11/24.  I.E., until Oswald was eliminated.  

Top Secret CIA facility . . . Camp Peary - a sprawling compound, Navy Seabees base . . . a bustling clandestine center Dulles himself inaugurated soon after taking over as CIA chief.  As director Dulles had built himself a comfortable home at the Farm . . . well stocked library , latest CIA reports, classified journals as late as 1967.  "The Farm was basically an alternative CIA headquarters, from where Dulles could direct ops", said former congressional investigator Dan Hardway.