The Education Forum

Secret Service agent Elmer Moore (etc.)

22 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Thanks, Vince. I'm assuming the the 3-9-63 is a typo and that the author meant 3-9-78. I mean, that only makes sense. 

About that author...can anyone read that signature? Zilier Dinneer? Was this an assistant to Blakey?

image.png

Moore is a key to the fact the assassination was a conspiracy.  Perry's initial certainty the throat wound was one of entrance is first hand, same day, expert analysis.  He was a experienced trauma room physician well familiar with gunshot wounds in the ER of a major city's main hospital.  He only changed his opinion to a possible exit wound after pressure from Moore.

Perry later confirmed to Dr. Donald Miller Jr., Professor Emeritus, University of Washington (with whom he taught there),  as well as Anchorage surgeon Dr. Robert Artwhol that the throat wound was one of entrance.  No matter what he said to the Warren Commission.

Moore later admitted in an interview to Washington Graduate Student James Gochenaur he regretted having to pressure Perry to change his story.  And stated JFK was a traitor.  Gochenaur testified to this.

Moore's refusal of the HSCA is interesting given he was one of three SS supervisors of the SS investigation into the JFKA.  If Moore thought of JFK as a traitor was this belief prevalent within the Secret Service or at least a part of it.  

If as mentioned earlier in the thread by Micah, Moore called Burris of the Dallas Times Herald about a back shot exiting the throat, was he the true father of the magic bullet?

Moore stymied the fact of a frontal throat shot.  He admitted it.  A frontal throat shot means a conspiracy.  WC bs equals dust in the wind.

The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle | Crosscut

Edited by Ron Bulman

Moore was one of the keystones of the cover up.  I really don't think there is any question about that now.

There is no doubt that he was very helpful to Specter and no surprise that they were working buddies.

Those two men---one behind the scenes, and one out front--understood that there was a very serious problem with the autopsy. That somehow, some way, they had to conceal the real facts.  And they did.

Good question.  But I will say this in that regard, Moore hated Kennedy so much, he did not need much urging for the job.

Secondly, in the ranks of the Warren Commission, what he did was pretty much par for the course.

• 2 weeks later...

Elmer Moore's comments (and confession) to University of Washington graduate student James Gochenaur in May of 1970 have always given me pause.  In this complex assassination story - with so many twists/turns, uncertainties and misdirection - his simple statement that "JFK was a Commie sympathizer" sums the whole thing up.  It reflects motive, validates that the autopsy and wounds were misrepresented, HSCA and AARB knew who/where the true plotters were, FBI and SS complicity, and even Oswald's limited role. That conversation with Moore is a Rosetta Stone for the entire affair.