The Education Forum

Major General Charles A. Willoughby

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’m not done yet, but thanks.

Your welcome, Mr. Brancato, nor am I done, not by a longshot.

And I apologize for losing my cool after the term "N a z i" got banned, but welcome to the world of political correctness.

Some people (Mr. Caddy) can openly admire arch-fascists like Maj. Gen. Charles Andrew Willoughby, but I cannot type a historical term on a history forum?  

Edited by Robert Montenegro

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Your welcome, Mr. Brancato, nor am I done, not by a longshot.

And I apologize for losing my cool after the term "N a z i" got banned, but welcome to the world of political correctness.

Some people (Mr. Caddy) can openly admire arch-fascists like Maj. Gen. Charles Andrew Willoughby, but I cannot type a historical term on a history forum?  

Glad you still post here. You managed to find a work around I see. As long as no one uses the term to describe another poster - that must be why the ban was instituted. I have noticed that the Right is now using the term ‘Communist’ rather liberally to describe Liberal Democrats. We are devolving back to the 1950’s. Somehow it’s always been acceptable to label lefties as Communists but not to label righties as Nazis. 
Mr. Howard posted interesting things here for many years, but quoting endless posts was really cumbersome. Mr. Scully was another, delving as he did into wedding registries and the like seeking to prove family connections spanning generations. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I have noticed that the Right is now using the term ‘Communist’ rather liberally to describe Liberal Democrats. We are devolving back to the 1950’s. Somehow it’s always been acceptable to label lefties as Communists but not to label righties as Nazis.

Actually Mr. Brancato, we are devolving back to the 1920's, back to the "First Red Scare", which was initiated by fascists like COL. John Edgar Hoover, Brig. Gen. Robert Elkington Wood, COL. Robert Rutherford McCormick, & 1st Lt. Boris Lvovich Brasol...

Yes, I, as a scholar of the far-right in the United States, constantly get referred to as a "Communist", yet, I do not understand the meaning of the use of the word.

I mean, I have a bank account, I am a citizen of the United States, I do pay my taxes (unlike the Trump crime family), I am a combat veteran...

How can I be a communist, yet have money in the bank?

That makes no sense!

I will however, justly refer to someone as a "N a z i" if they historically were members of the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, however, I would never use the term as an insult!

That would be a disservice to actual World War II-era N a z i s, who were ideologically committed uniformed combatives, psychically-fit, genocidal, eugenics-minded, corporatist fascists.

Unlike the pea-brained, overweight, Meth-addicted, toothless yokels on welfare who populate Trump rallies, who have no scruples, wit, ideology or class & are, for the most part, not combat veterans...

On 1/1/2021 at 10:22 AM, Douglas Caddy said:

I also thought highly of Willoughby and still do.

I'm sure that the thousands of United Nations military servicemen who were aimlessly slaughtered in the November-December 1950 retreat “Big Bug-Out" would have something else to say about Maj. Gen. Willoughby, Mr. Caddy.

Of course, you can go to a search engine right now and type in "Charles Andrew Willoughby", and this is the first academic article written on the goon that shows up:

https://thediplomat.com/2019/01/is-this-the-worst-intelligence-chief-in-the-us-armys-history/

Is This the Worst Intelligence Chief in the US Army’s History?

Charles Willoughby, General Douglas MacArthur’s intelligence chief during the Korean War, bears responsibility for one of the U.S. Army’s biggest military disasters.

It could be stated, quite plainly, that Maj. Gen. Willoughby allowed the Chinese People's Volunteer Army to overrun the United Nations forces at the Battle of the Ch'ongch'on River, because he wanted to force President Truman's hand and make him deploy atomic weaponry on the battlefield.

You know, that tactic that was used by DCI Allen Welsh Dulles against President Kennedy during Operation Zapata where Dulles knew the anti-Castro Cuban terrorist force Brigada Asalto 2506 was going to get slaughtered, thereby forcing President Kennedy's hand into a nuclear conflagration.

How did Maj. Gen. Willoughby sign his letters to DCI Dulles?

"...Fraternally Yours..."

And who was in charge of United States Army Intelligence when Wake Island was overtaken by the Imperial Japanese fascists in a "surprise attack"?

Oh, yeah, Lt. Col. Willoughby...

"...There have been three great intelligence officers in history. Mine is not one of them..." — General of the Army Douglas MacArthur, in reference to Maj. Gen. Willoughby.

Of course, GOA MacArthur saw no problem running on the same ticket as California Assemblyman Jack B. Tenney, who ran on the anti-Semitic, crypto-fascist, America First Party (sound familiar) in 1952, a political party founded by N a z i sympathizer Gerald Lyman Kenneth Smith, himself a member of William Dudley Pelley's Silver Legion of America, a fascist paramilitary organization that sought support and inspiration from Prime Minister Benito Mussolini's Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale death squads!

Yeah, that's correct forum administrator Beckett and administrator Gordon, you both fired strongly worded warnings across my flanks about "...posting conduct..."

Yet here is a member of your forum (Mr. Caddy) who openly supports a historically-documented fascist (Maj. Gen. Willoughby), but I still cannot type the short hand for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei?

Oh the humanity!

I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes from Sunday school:

"...Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience..." — Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians, chapter 5, verse 6, King James Bible.

For those who choose to warp, nitpick and censor factual history, I will give no quarter...

Another aide to General MacArthur whom I admired was General Bonner Fellers. In 1954 while still in high school I set up a card table in front of St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter in New Orleans and collected signatures on a petition opposing the upcoming vote in the Senate to censure Senator Joe McCarthy. I got a lot of signers on the petition because McCarthy was Catholic  and those going in and out of the Cathedral supported him. I sent my completed petitions on to General Bonner Fellers who was running the national petition drive.

Two who became friends later in my life but did not know each other used these exact words in describing McCarrhty: ""Things would have turned out much worse without him." One friend was Alice Widener who as the widow of famed Russian orchestra conductor Nicholas Berezowsky infiltrated in the inner sanctum of the Communist Party USA and reported what she learned to J. Edgar Hoover.

The other was a "retired" FBI agent in New York City who also was an expert on communism. He once told me that he trailed a diplomat from the Soviet Chancery in Manhattan to Central Park. Once inside the park the Soviet agent suddenly raised his hand that contain an instrument and aimed it into the sky. The FBI later determined that at that exact moment a Soviet satellite passed over Manhattan and the Soviet Agent shot his encoded message to it. This was in the mid-1980's. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonner_Fellers

Edited by Douglas Caddy

40 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Another aide to General MacArthur whom I admired was General Bonner Fellers

The following is from pages 467-468 of Glen Yeadon & John Hawkins' heavily footnoted "The N a z i Hydra in America: Suppressed History of a Century"

QUOTE— "... During 1941, the OSS stationed Fellers in Cairo. While there to observe the British North African campaign, he broadcast reports to his superiors using the black code. The Italians had broken the black code and within minutes of Feller's transmissions, Rommel knew the position of British forces and their battle plan. Once the Allies discovered the breach in security, the Army transferred Fellers briefly to the States before attaching him to MacArthur's command..." — END QUOTE.

Then COL. Bonner Frank Fellers betrayed the ultra-top secret "Black Code" of the US State Department to the N a z i communications command in North Africa under Captain Alfred Seebohm, commander of the Wehrmacht Afrika Korps' 621st Radio Intercept Company, and arguably murdered thousands of Allied soldiers and African civilian's lives! 

He should have been hanged by his neck until dead for treason!

Axis intelligence referred to Gen. Fellers as die gute Quelle ("the good source") and Wehrmacht Generalfeldmarschall Johannes Erwin Eugen Rommel referred to him as "...the little fellow..." (meaning he didn't think much of Gen. Fellers in terms of his honor or manhood).

Harold Charles Deutsch, the Chief of Research Intelligence for the Office of Strategic Services, knew Gen. Bonner Frank Fellers personally, and has openly referred to Gen. Fellers as "...the most violent Anglophobe I have encountered...."

Simply put, Mr. Caddy, in the past twenty-four hours on this forum, you have openly admitted to being an admirer of fascist ideologues like Maj. Gen. Charles Willoughby and aiding and abetting treasonous, Anglo-Saxon white-supremacist dogs like Gen. Bonner Fellers.

Is anyone one else seeing the white-supremacist bile baiting spewed from Doug Caddy, or am I only here?!

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

In 1954 while still in high school I set up a card table in front of St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter in New Orleans and collected signatures on a petition opposing the upcoming vote in the Senate to censure Senator Joe McCarthy.

Fascinating!

So you were an insolent, red-baiting, goose-stepping, Reich-wing provocateur way back before you helped create the Gehlen Org-front organization "Young Americans for Freedom"?

No wonder Everette Howard Hunt Jr. and his CIA-front Robert Mullen Company goons reached out to you during the Watergate episode, you had been doing work like that since you were a kid!

And in the French Quarter, no less?

Ground zero for the "Legión Extranjera Anticomunista del Caribeterrorist organization of fascist's Colonel Orlando Piedra and William Guy Banister.

That, and the headquarters of the United Fruit Company, another CIA monstrosity (or is it the other way around, the UFC's interests control the Central Intelligence Agency?)

Now it all makes sense.

I will not retort you any further, Mr. Caddy, you are a real life, honest to God, fascist provocateur.

Though I'm sure you'll use the Clay LaVerne Shaw defense "...he hates me because I'm gay..."

Well, not gonna work here, sister, cause I'm gay too!

21 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Another aide to General MacArthur whom I admired was General Bonner Fellers. In 1954 while still in high school I set up a card table in front of St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter in New Orleans and collected signatures on a petition opposing the upcoming vote in the Senate to censure Senator Joe McCarthy. I got a lot of signers on the petition because McCarthy was Catholic  and those going in and out of the Cathedral supported him. I sent my completed petitions on to General Bonner Fellers who was running the national petition drive.

Two who became friends later in my life but did not know each other used these exact words in describing McCarrhty: ""Things would have turned out much worse without him." One friend was Alice Widener who as the widow of famed Russian orchestra conductor Nicholas Berezowsky infiltrated in the inner sanctum of the Communist Party USA and reported what she learned to J. Edgar Hoover.

The other was a "retired" FBI agent in New York City who also was an expert on communism. He once told me that he trailed a diplomat from the Soviet Chancery in Manhattan to Central Park. Once inside the park the Soviet agent suddenly raised his hand that contain an instrument and aimed it into the sky. The FBI later determined that at that exact moment a Soviet satellite passed over Manhattan and the Soviet Agent shot his encoded message to it. This was in the mid-1980's. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonner_Fellers

Doug - as the son of Communist party members in NYC (people like me are sometimes referred to as red diaper babies) I can attest to the harmlessness of that bunch. The worst part of the Party in America were the inordinately high number of FBI infiltrators.

why do you find Communism a threat? You conflated that term with today’s Russia and China. Is there something about the ideology that you find threatening? Today’s Russia is not by any stretch Communist, and it really wasn’t that even when they identified themselves as Communist. China is a bit different, but still aren’t we talking about dictators not Communists? Do you like non Communist dictators better? 

Funny - that reminds me of the fact that my dad, who could smell a rat for sure - Sicilians are good at that - really liked Jimmy Hoffa. 

Paul: I was graduated from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University with a major in international relations. It is a school to train future diplomats for the State Department's foreign service. I have always been interested in foreign affairs. I toured the Soviet Union for two weeks in 1974 and even had a tour of the Kremlin. 

In my view there were two cataclysmic events in 2020. The first was the pandemic Covid-19. The second was the discovery that Russia has been hacking our cyber intelligence networks for almost a year. Its hacking goes far beyond that because it got into Microsoft and maybe even penetrated its source code. Many major corporations were hacked. The bottom line is that our nation is in deadly peril. One only has to read Sunday's lead article in the New York Times to realize how serious this is. The article hinted that our most vital classified information may have been penetrated, This means that if we were attacked and the President responded by entering the proper codes into the football there is no guarantee that anything would happen. 

Putin rules Russia. He will kill or attempt to kill any serious opposition to him. This happened only a few months ago when his charismatic opponent was poisoned and was saved only because the uproar got him out of Russia and into Germany for medical help. The KGB put Putin into power. Do you think that if the U.S.were eliminated as a threat and Europe was neutralized that Putin would continue Russia as it is today? Everything would change and a dictatorship would evolve quickly. Communism did not die. It just went underground to live for another day.

One only has to read the Wall street Journal's article last week on Premier XI in China to realize how that country is ruled by the Communist Party and is destroying any opposition such as was mounted in Hong Kong. China may soon attack Taiwan and if the U.S. fails to come to its aid, then the U.S.will lose all respect in Asia. Biden may face such a situation in the early stages of his administration. The problem is that if we do come to Taiwan's aid, we could get bogged down in a war on the other side of the world. Has our military also been cyber hacked so that if we did mount a war we would find our response futile?

The world has suddenly changed. Those who serve on the Senate Intelligence Committee and the House Intelligence Committee are well aware of this and are alarmed.  Meanwhile 99 percent of Americans are blissfully unaware. But maybe not for long.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

"If the average person knew 'half' of what was really going on in the world, they would go into their backyards and kill themself."

Edited by Joe Bauer

49 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Paul: I was graduated from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University with a major in international relations.

Xi Jinping is a billionaire.

Vladimir Putin is a billionaire.

Regardless of the political nature of the Russian government or Chinese government during the "Cold War", they are no longer communist in nature, regardless of what those governments call each other.

You cannot have rich people in a communist society.

End of story!

You'd figure a graduate of the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service would be able to figure that out.

8 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Yes - Doug - calling Putin or Xi Jinping Communist doesn’t make sense. 

China's Xi allowed to remain 'president for life' as term limits removed

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-43361276

From the article: But Mr Xi, who would have been due to step down in 2023, defied the tradition of presenting a potential successor during October's Communist Party Congress.

Instead, he consolidated his political power as the party voted to enshrine his name and political ideology in the party's constitution - elevating his status to the level of its founder, Chairman Mao.

On paper, the congress is the most powerful legislative body in China - similar to the parliament in other nations. But it was widely believed that it would approve what it was told to.