The Education Forum

gramma.cu claims coup attempt by Generals Lemay and Lemnitzer to unseat JFK.

13 hours ago, David Andrews said:

The Granma article Keyvan cites claims that Curtis LeMay was covertly aboard AF-1 with Johnson and Kennedy's body, and that the suppressed. recently revealed radio transmissions to AF-1 mentioning LeMay were plotter attempts to contact LeMay from DC.  Es verdad?

http://www.granma.cu/idiomas/ingles/international-i/18oct-KENNEDY.html

This is so weird. The AF 1 transmissions definitely show LeMay’s adjutant trying to contact LeMay, and from what I can tell, and I really tried to get this, these were overheard by AF 1 and not present in the initial and quite edited version of AF 1 tapes but revealed in the newer longer,still incomplete, version. No way was LeMay on AF 1. But I’m convinced that as a result of his adjutant’s efforts he did make it to the autopsy, specifically to the right hospital, which I think was part of the adjutant’s message. 
As for Lemnitzer and NATO, I’m glad that Jim pointed out Lemnitzer’s access to the Gladio network, something that has never really been looked at. Newman, plodding along in great detail and depth, seems to be coming to the realization that the military were behind the assassination. This in no way removes the CIA from the equation. They are intimately connected.

19 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

I found this article from the Atlantic that discusses JFK vs the military. - https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/08/jfk-vs-the-military/309496/

According to Wiki, Lemnitzer was appointed to head NATO in Nov 1962, after the Missile crisis, yet it’s clear that he was no longer head of the Joint Chiefs during the crisis. 
I have never seen this Atlantic article, or the Granma article, so thank you both for posting them. The Atlantic article takes the viewpoint, which I agree with, that JFK’s most important task was to restore the president’s role as the civilian controller of the military. I guess he failed. His cooperation and encouragement in the making of Seven Days in May and filming it partly in the WH has always seemed significant to me. 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

This is so weird. The AF 1 transmissions definitely show LeMay’s adjutant trying to contact LeMay, and from what I can tell, and I really tried to get this, these were overheard by AF 1 and not present in the initial and quite edited version of AF 1 tapes but revealed in the newer longer,still incomplete, version. No way was LeMay on AF 1. But I’m convinced that as a result of his adjutant’s efforts he did make it to the autopsy, specifically to the right hospital, which I think was part of the adjutant’s message. 

Bill Kelly needs to comment on la propaganda of the Granma article.

Jim DiEugenio should fact-check the Atlantic article on JFK and the military, since it's by the dreaded Robert Dallek.

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, Anthony Thorne said:

On Gladio, Ganser’s NATO’S SECRET ARMIES is here. From memory, Lemnitzer pops up in the text.

https://libcom.org/files/NATOs_secret_armies.pdf

Nice one Anthony!

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, David Andrews said:

The Granma article Keyvan cites claims that Curtis LeMay was covertly aboard AF-1 with Johnson and Kennedy's body, and that the suppressed. recently revealed radio transmissions to AF-1 mentioning LeMay were plotter attempts to contact LeMay from DC.  Es verdad?

http://www.granma.cu/idiomas/ingles/international-i/18oct-KENNEDY.html

There is no credible evidence --no document or any eyewitness --that Curtis LeMay was "covertly aboard" Air Force One. The Stoughton photos-- which were originally published in TIME circa 1967)-- do not show him there; nor is he on the official manifest; nor does any witness place him there.  Who makes up this kind of stuff?  

1 hour ago, David Lifton said:

Who makes up this kind of stuff?  

Apparently, Raul Castro's government.  I just posted it as a new achievement in opportunistic disinfo, in case anybody familiar with the AF-1 tapes cared to disprove it.

Who reads it? would be the next question.  It's a good thing the internet came along, because I was worried that people who like to grasp at straws would feel left behind in the digital age.

Edited by David Andrews

On 2/22/2021 at 10:09 AM, David Andrews said:

Apparently, Raul Castro's government.  I just posted it as a new achievement in opportunistic disinfo, in case anybody familiar with the AF-1 tapes cared to disprove it.

Who reads it? would be the next question.  It's a good thing the internet came along, because I was worried that people who like to grasp at straws would feel left behind in the digital age.

That darned interweb,  it's so confusing.  Taking us back in time with things like this.

11 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

That darned interweb,  it's so confusing.  Taking us back in time with things like this.

The cotton field was probably a place where one could grasp some straws, until the cultural appropriation police came around...  They'll probably yank this and "Shortnin' Bread" from the old Beach Boys records.

Edited by David Andrews

On 2/22/2021 at 9:37 AM, David Lifton said:

There is no credible evidence --no document or any eyewitness --that Curtis LeMay was "covertly aboard" Air Force One. The Stoughton photos-- which were originally published in TIME circa 1967)-- do not show him there; nor is he on the official manifest; nor does any witness place him there.  Who makes up this kind of stuff?  

Since the Dallas casket aboard Air Force One did not contain JFK's body, my theory is that LeMay was inside the casket.

Edited by Ron Ecker