The Education Forum

CBS Dan Rather on JFK's wounds 11/22/63

"Mrs. John F. Kennedy left the hospital at approximately the same time the coffin carrying the body of her husband left. The coffin went to a private air installation at Dallas' Love Field. It either had left or will leave Dallas-Love Field in a matter of minutes. We are told that the gunshot wound, the fatal wound inflicted on the President of the United States, entered at the base of the throat and came out at the base of the neck on, uh, the back side."

Vince, you've been on fire lately with the YouTube shares. I thank you.

Jackie left "approximately" the same time as the coffin. Did she go where the coffin went? Not a lot of linkage there.

Coffin went to a "private air installation" at Love Field. Anybody get this before?

Throat wound unambiguously not just a gunshot wound, but a fatal wound of entry.

Never mind that such a fatal bullet trajectory has trouble carving itself a path through his right temple and blowing out the back of his head, before exiting the "base of the neck on, uh, the back side."

16 minutes ago, George Govus said:

"Mrs. John F. Kennedy left the hospital at approximately the same time the coffin carrying the body of her husband left. The coffin went to a private air installation at Dallas' Love Field. It either had left or will leave Dallas-Love Field in a matter of minutes. We are told that the gunshot wound, the fatal wound inflicted on the President of the United States, entered at the base of the throat and came out at the base of the neck on, uh, the back side."

Vince, you've been on fire lately with the YouTube shares. I thank you.

Jackie left "approximately" the same time as the coffin. Did she go where the coffin went? Not a lot of linkage there.

Coffin went to a "private air installation" at Love Field. Anybody get this before?

Throat wound unambiguously not just a gunshot wound, but a fatal wound of entry.

Never mind that such a fatal bullet trajectory has trouble carving itself a path through his right temple and blowing out the back of his head, before exiting the "base of the neck on, uh, the back side."

Thanks! I have a You Tube editor and a video editor...I am inspired  :)

Edited by Vince Palamara

Clips are good for me, living in the boonies. Lackluster bandwidth.

But, the first-day press accounts are so fascinating. This one in particular. The switch to the passive voice is usually a tell, for a journalist, am I right? "We are told that the... fatal wound... entered at the base of the throat..."

Edited by George Govus
typo

The first day accounts, especially first few hours accounts are SO important in a case like this where "outside" influences manipulate not only the evidence and the narrative but also manipulates the recollections of the people giving these accounts that they are so sure about at the time, yet after the "outside" manipulation they begin to doubt what they saw and heard. They see a supposedly unaltered camera original Zapruder film that contradicts what they observed and say to themselves that the camera doesn't lie and they must have just imaged or exaggerated some of the events in their minds due to trauma and stress or something. They see "official" autopsy pics showing no massive wound to the rear of the head and doubt what they saw or try to rationalize it somehow like maybe the pieced the head back together from fragments or something, not wanting to believe their own government would present outright forgeries as fact! Yet SO many firsthand accounts that were ridiculed at the time have been proven as fact in the years since. Just going by memory, Jean Hill I think it was that was saying something about a little dog being in between the President and Jackie and people tried to discredit her every statement from her lying (or embellishing) that fact. How can you believe anything she says? She thought she saw a dog in the limo! But sure enough many years later it was discovered that Jackie was given a stuffed Lamb Chop puppet that she had between them and it looked like a little dog. That's just one instance. There are many more! To me the first day and first few hours accounts need to be considered above all others!

3 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

The first day accounts, especially first few hours accounts are SO important in a case like this where "outside" influences manipulate not only the evidence and the narrative but also manipulates the recollections of the people giving these accounts that they are so sure about at the time, yet after the "outside" manipulation they begin to doubt what they saw and heard. They see a supposedly unaltered camera original Zapruder film that contradicts what they observed and say to themselves that the camera doesn't lie and they must have just imaged or exaggerated some of the events in their minds due to trauma and stress or something. They see "official" autopsy pics showing no massive wound to the rear of the head and doubt what they saw or try to rationalize it somehow like maybe the pieced the head back together from fragments or something, not wanting to believe their own government would present outright forgeries as fact! Yet SO many firsthand accounts that were ridiculed at the time have been proven as fact in the years since. Just going by memory, Jean Hill I think it was that was saying something about a little dog being in between the President and Jackie and people tried to discredit her every statement from her lying (or embellishing) that fact. How can you believe anything she says? She thought she saw a dog in the limo! But sure enough many years later it was discovered that Jackie was given a stuffed Lamb Chop puppet that she had between them and it looked like a little dog. That's just one instance. There are many more! To me the first day and first few hours accounts need to be considered above all others!

Correct! I never thought that discredited Jean Hill in any event. She may have even mistaken the (non-rose) flowers as a little dog, as celebrities like Zsa Zsa Gabor and others travelled with a little dog beside them while travelling.