The Education Forum

Josiah Thompson's brand new book LAST SECOND IN DALLAS

11 hours ago, John Butler said:

There was another thread that talked about this sometime back.  Just counting the head wounds and other shots that people suggested, I think I came up with more than 3 or 4 shots, if my memory is right.

1. A wound to the back of the head

2. A wound to the head from the front

3. A wound to the right side of the head

4. A wound to the left side of the head

5. A back wound (an autopsy photo may show more)

6. A wound to the throat

7. A dent in the front windshield chrome

8. Collateral damage down at the Triple Underpass- James Tague

9. A .45 found in the grass

10. A bullet scarred concrete later removed

There are way more reports to alleged recovered bullets.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://youtu.be/nKpyx8py1DE

Here is a 5 second sound clip of the Harley engine heard from the keyed mic. I played with the equalizer and the engine sound is loud and clear thru most of the clip.
 I believe this is the sound of a 45ci Harley meter maid trike. The sound of McClain's 74ci bike and all Harley 74's have a very distinct sound. The drums on the Van Halen song "Hot For Teacher" is a great imitation of that distinct 74ci sound. They almost sound like a roadster with a hot camshaft. They always idle rough and uneven and it is still recognizable  at higher rpm's. But what we hear on the tape is much smoother and sure seems to have the 45ci pattern.
Both McClain and the dispatcher felt they recognized those different sounds and identified the engine sound as a 45ci. I can't get passed that. I also had a 66' highway Patrol 74ci for many years and the sound is so deep into my psyche I just can't fathom that engine as a 74ci.
   But the other big thing is we can very clearly hear the person whistling. Both McClain and the dispatcher recognized the whistle as the officer who rode a 45ci trike. Could McClain here himself whistling and not recognize it as himself? McClain said he was not a whistle while you work kind of guy. I find it hard to understand how McClain would make these mistakes.

5 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

Both McClain and the dispatcher felt they recognized those different sounds and identified the engine sound as a 45ci.

I've heard/read this before about the 3 wheelers.  Has anyone worked on the location of the 3 wheel motorcycles in or around Dealey Plaza?  I know a number of them are seen in post assassination pictures and video.

34 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

From Paschall with the limo exiting from under the overpass.

Paschall.gif

I believe Hughes also has a 3-wheeler speeding down Main at about the same time or just a few seconds later.  Hughes and Paschall may be showing the same 3-wheeler.  Bell has a 3-wheeler parked under the railroad bridge on Main as the p. limo is almost at the bridge.

Can't remember the exact wordage, but Earle Brown has some info on a 3-wheeler.

Edited by John Butler

I don't remember all the details, but I remember that several DPD sources claimed the three-wheeler was not even in Dealey Plaza at the time of the shooting, As I recall, moreover, they said one could hear the President's limo and accompanying sirens pass by the three-wheeler on one part of the tape, which would make no sense should the tape have been recorded off McLain's bike, which was following the limo at a distance. 

52 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Bell has a 3-wheeler parked under the railroad bridge on Main as the p. limo is almost at the bridge.

Possibly the same one that appears in Daniel after the limo has cleared the overpass.

Screen-Shot-2021-02-05-at-9.43.34-AM.png

1 hour ago, Chris Davidson said:

From Paschall with the limo exiting from under the overpass.

Thanks Chris.  A little too late now, I would guess, but wouldn't it be great if the accoustics experts could try their findings out on the position of this or the other 3 wheelers others mentioned.  Of course they would have to change their scenario and placement of microphones so as to take into consideration shots being fired from places other than the 6th floor TSBD.

15 minutes ago, Chris Davidson said:

Possibly the same one that appears in Daniel after the limo has cleared the overpass.

Screen-Shot-2021-02-05-at-9.43.34-AM.png

Good job, John.

Bell same as Daniel.

Richard, may not be too late validating the sound source using a different sync method.  

Screen-Shot-2021-02-05-at-9.57.03-AM.png

Volume XX of the Commission Hearings and Exhibits starting on page 489 has Purdue Lawrence's assignments for the motorcade.  pp. 493-494 has the officers staged at the Stemmons Freeway.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1137#relPageId=513&tab=page

Motorcyclists in the 200 range are 3 wheelers, such David Harkness (260)

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Eddy Bainbridge said:

The recording on the Dictabelt went through a filter. This means what you hear is not an accurate representation of Anything. To analyse the sound impulses you need to take account of the filter, you can't simply say it 'sounds' like x motorcycle type. 

I know there are filters that will take out the high-end and such but I am not looking at the frequency of the sound. My judgment of it is based on the pattern of sounds. The repeating sound of the two motorcycles have a different Cadence. Consider the drumming in that Van Halen song. The frequency of course is nothing like an engine. It is simply the Rhythm of the drumming that instantly allows you to recognize that he's imitating a Harley 74. 

Years ago I used to radio at work and seems feasible to me that a dispatcher would know the difference sounds of different drivers bikes.

The dispatcher not only identifed the motorcycle as a 45 cubic inch trike. He and McClain also identified the whistling of the person riding that bike. So there's no doubt as to which 45 trike it was, and that person was apparently positioned out by the Trade Mart at the time.

There is a sound of sirens and they sound like they approach and pass very close to the trike. Then they Trail off. The sirens are of multiple Vehicles traveling together.

Edited by Chris Bristow