The Education Forum

New Oliver Stone documentary on JFK assassination to premiere at Cannes

I don't know anything about Cannes France except what I just read on Wiki.

Interesting history. Very high end.

From what Jim Di has occasionally shared about his real everyday life in L.A., I get the impression he is much more a working class income and budget type person and nothing close to a wealthy celebrity lifestyle one who regularly dines at Spagos, The Polo Lounge, Gucci Osteria, Melisse, etc.

A local sandwich and coffee house kind of guy? 

My guess is however, that you can probably find some affordable sandwich/coffee house shops in Cannes - no? Hope so. 

As far as a Tux, could you rent one here and take it with you?

And if at some point you are going to be swarmed by paparazzi while standing next to world famous and French adored Oliver Stone, maybe to stand out and generate your own "who's that guy standing next to the great director" buzz, you could grow a Frenchy artiste goatee and do the eccentric chic Johnny Depp fashion thing with floppy fedora, Native American medicine man bling jewelry and don a single hanging gold Christian Cross earring?

Well, whatever how you prepare for your own "Big Event" film debut just know that your loyal home boys and gals back here in Mayberry JFK forum land will be cheering one of their own with sincere best wishes.

I ( we ) hope it is all an incredibly fulfilling adventure and the beginning of continued success and exposure for not just your incredible lifetime JFK research work effort but the overall JFK truth revealing mission cause.

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

I don't know anything about Cannes France except what I just read on Wiki.

Interesting history. Very high end.

From what Jim Di has occasionally shared about his real everyday life in L.A., I get the impression he is much more a kind of laid back, working class Jeffrey Lebowski budget type person versus a wealthy celebrity lifestyle one who regularly dines at Spagos, The Polo Lounge, Gucci Osteria, Melisse, etc.

Maybe not a Lebowski bowling alley snack bar diner but still more of a local sandwich and coffee house kind of guy? 

My guess is however, that you can probably find some great sandwich/coffee house shops in Cannes - no? Hope so. 

And if it were me going there I would bone up on a few basic french language terms like Bonjour, Au Revoir, Merci Beaucoup, Oui, Non, Ou Est La Salle De Bain, Sacre Bleu, Ooh La La, etc. and practice holding my pinky out from my raised hand while speaking and eating.

As far as a Tux, could you rent one here and take it with you?

And if at some point you are going to be swarmed by paparazzi while standing next to world famous and French adored Oliver Stone, maybe to stand out and generate your own "who's that guy standing next to the great director" buzz, you could grow a Frenchy artiste goatee and do the eccentric chic Johnny Depp fashion thing with floppy fedora, Native American medicine man bling jewelry and don a single hanging gold Christian Cross earring?

Well, whatever how you prepare for your own "Big Event" film debut just know that your loyal home boys and gals back here in Mayberry JFK forum land will be cheering one of their own with sincere best wishes.

I ( we ) hope it is all an incredibly fulfilling adventure and the beginning of continued success and exposure for not just your incredible lifetime work effort but the overall JFK truth revealing mission cause.

The DUDE 🙂 
I have one school friend who goes each year, that festival is known for airing some of the finest creative endeavours, they don't have to be blockbuster budget productions. 

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Does that mean I have to wear a suit?

Have to hit up Oliver for that.

Well, most of the guy's in this link are wearing suit's and black ties.  The ladies, not so much.

The most naked dresses ever worn at the Cannes Film Festival (pagesix.com)

8 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

The DUDE 🙂 
I have one school friend who goes each year, that festival is known for airing some of the finest creative endeavours, they don't have to be blockbuster budget productions. 

Did the "Big Lebowski" film get a Cannes review?

I heard it was a smash at the Chico and Bakersfield, CA film festivals and the IMMF in Portland Maine and I believe at a private showing at the Hollywood Star Lanes bowling alley on Santa Monica Blvd.

13 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Did the "Big Lebowski" film get a Cannes review?

I heard it was a smash at the Chico and Bakersfield, CA film festivals and the IMMF in Portland Maine and I believe at a private showing at the Hollywood Star Lanes bowling alley on Santa Monica Blvd.

I don't think so, I think they have since had films reviewed there (Coen Brothers). There is a process where you must submit the film. I am not certain how many actually bother as its a European thing. After a quick google, the Coen brothers did submit "Where for art thou?" a couple of years later and that was shown starring Clooney, John Goodman and John Torturro also. 

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Well, most of the guy's in this link are wearing suit's and black ties.  The ladies, not so much.

The most naked dresses ever worn at the Cannes Film Festival (pagesix.com)

Wowie Zowie...what a super glamorous highest society happening!

Hundreds of photo snapping paparazzi.

This Cannes Film Festival truly is a "BIG EVENT."

Hope Mr. Di takes plenty of star shoulder rubbing selfie pictures to share with us fellow JFK forum members when he gets back home.

Seriously, and I mean "seriously"... this Jim Di achievement is a great thing for any and all persons in the JFK research and debate community as well as all JFK truth seeking and needing citizens everywhere.

Edited by Joe Bauer

BTW, publications like Texas Monthly are using Oliver's interview and twisting it to mean something he did not mean at all.

I hope I get to clarify this issue. Texas Monthly is historically one of the worst ever on the JFK case.

8 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Extreme action also seems to work but I'm missing any indication of factual or historical gatekeeping - that used to occur but does it really happen now?   If the answer is "not much" then that would suggest there is something really special about why Stone's work is being rejected - or is it because it is actually too factional and not extreme or sensational enough to meet their contemporary viewership goals? 

I fear JFKA and 9/11 research have been ghettoized in Conspiracy Theory City along with cannibal Democrats, fake moon landings, Holocaust denial, 2020 voter fraud and the rest of the Trump-cult lies.

The whole field is toxic now.

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I fear JFKA and 9/11 research have been ghettoized in Conspiracy Theory City along with cannibal Democrats, fake moon landings, Holocaust denial, 2020 voter fraud and the rest of the Trump-cult lies.

Sad, but true.   It's a pernicious propaganda trick-- convincing the public that all "conspiracy theories" are equally absurd.   As if the JFKA research experts or the thousands of scholars, scientists, engineers, architects, and pilots who have debunked the the Bush-Cheney-Zelikow conspiracy theory about 9/11 are no different than the QAnon, Pizza-gate "theorists!"

5 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Sad, but true.   It's a pernicious propaganda trick-- convincing the public that all "conspiracy theories" are equally absurd.   As if the JFKA research experts or the thousands of scholars, scientists, engineers, architects, and pilots who have debunked the the Bush-Cheney-Zelikow conspiracy theory about 9/11 are no different than the QAnon, Pizza-gate "theorists!"

I agree, that’s how you silence sceptics and critics. To achieve that you need to propagate some ridiculous conspiracy theories that catch on with the public, that can easily be disproved when needed. Then everyone is afraid to question anything going forward as they’re worried about the stigma in society.
Most people are comfortable and lazy, they prefer not to think about anything other than the dopamine inducing activities or stimulants right in front of them, critical thinking is dead.
Aldous Huxley warned of this in ‘58’, that this threat will come from tools such as propaganda and operant conditioning. JFK & RFK warned of the dangers of comfort and timidity. 

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

I can't remember what network I was watching, or who said it, but I do remember feeling nauseous when someone suggested,with a straight face, that the events of January 6th needed to be looked at by a Warren Commission or 9/11 Commission type body. 

7 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Glad I'm finally getting some support on this. Yes the JFKA conspiracy movement has been damaged. But it's not by an establishment lead cabal. Call it the egalitarian quality of the social media age. The people making up and zombie spamming this crap up are political partisans who are trying to foment doubt, and distrust with crazy theories to the point that nobody has any fact based faith in anything anymore,  to incense then batsh-t crazy people to do they're bidding for them. Including new pseudo experts in "plan"or "pan-demics",  vaccinations, climate change, stolen elections, you name it!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Glad I'm finally getting some support on this. Yes the JFKA conspiracy movement has been damaged. But it's not by an establishment lead cabal. Call it the egalitarian quality of the social media age. The people making up and zombie spamming this crap up are political partisans who are trying to foment doubt, and distrust with crazy theories to the point that nobody has any fact based faith in anything anymore,  to incense then batsh-t crazy people to do they're bidding for them. Including new pseudo experts in "plan"or "pan-demics",  vaccinations, climate change, stolen elections, you name it!

Yep. I have a friend who got sucked under the tide, and has come to believe the vaccines are a hoax, etc. The irony is that she now showers me with praise, seeing as I was onto this deep-state stuff long before anyone else she knows. 

Screw that.