The Education Forum

CIA Chief Says Oswald Was Soviet Agent

Well, they say the JFKA community has kooks in it. Maybe we do. 

But get this: 

"Lee Harvey Oswald was instructed by Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev to assassinate JFK, ex-CIA chief and former head of Romania's spy service claim in new book

• Lee Harvey Oswald defected to the USSR in 1959 before returning in 1961
  • A new book claims Oswald was a KGB agent and was told to assassinate Kennedy
  • Author R. James Woolsey, who ran the CIA from 1993-1995, makes the claim"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9289315/Lee-Harvey-Oswald-told-Soviet-leader-Nikita-Khrushchev-kill-JFK-ex-CIA-chief-claims.html

As I recently said, for some reason, at this late date, it appears somebody in the CIA or intelligence is taking a fresh charge at undermining an understanding of the JFKA. 

This is a book by James Woolsey! 

So, Jack Ruby worked for the Russkies too? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
missing word, typo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't put much faith in it, but that is interesting Benjamin. I've always thought Woolsey most looked the part of a tortured CIA chief of any chief in the last 40 years.

As I remember the story. During the fall of the Iron Curtain in the early 90's, Nicolae Ceausescu', head of Romania came back from a short trip and found the population had turned on him, then escaped in a car   into the countryside and were hunted down. Eventually him and his wife were hung. His wife's final public words. " I was a Mother  to you all!" .

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

4 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I don't put much faith in it, but that is interesting Benjamin. I've always thought Woolsey most looked the part of a tortured CIA chief of any chief in the last 40 years.

As I remember the story. During the fall of the Iron Curtain in the early 90's, Nicolae Ceausescu', head of Romania came back from a short trip and found the population had turned on him, then escaped in a car   into the countryside and were hunted down. Eventually him and his wife were hung. His wife's final public words. " I was a Mother  to you all!" .

My take is Woolsey is reading a palimpsest, or pentimento, of the Warren Report. The CIA planned a false flag, fake assassination attempt on JFK, to turn public opinion against Cuba/Russia and gin up a Cuba invasion  Oswald, and intelligence sector asset, was willing participant in this plan.

But someone learned of the false-flag fake assassination attempt, and piggy-backed on it make it real. Oswald fired twice, missing badly both times---the Tague shot perhaps. Someone else fired in earnest---knowing Oswald had already been set up as the patsy. A splinter group inside the CIA, or Cuban exiles, did the real shooting. 

I am working on an article to this effect, as it requires the fewest number of before-the-event conspirators. 

A lot fits together. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

My take is Woolsey is reading a palimpsest, or pentimento, of the Warren Report. The CIA planned a false flag, fake assassination attempt on JFK, to turn public opinion against Cuba/Russia and gin up a Cuba invasion  Oswald, and intelligence sector asset, was willing participant in this plan.

But someone learned of the false-flag fake assassination attempt, and piggy-backed on it make it real. Oswald fired twice, missing badly both times---the Tague shot perhaps. Someone else fired in earnest---knowing Oswald had already been set up as the patsy. A splinter group inside the CIA, or Cuban exiles, did the real shooting. 

I am working on an article to this effect, as it requires the fewest number of before-the-event conspirators. 

A lot fits together. 

As far as I can tell it does look like something like that was going on, a false flag. Evidence of the false flag thinking was evident in the military before and after the JFK assassination, in regard to operation Northwoods and the later Bay of Tonkin incident. One thing I read in much later history is that during 9/11 there were war games going on, simulating a terror attack. During 7/7 there were mock terror attack simulations going on in some of the affected London stations that were attacked (or at least one as I have listened to a dignitary making excuses about the drills and the coincidence). They may seem strange coincidences, but, thinking analytically it's also an exceptional cover should any plot be discovered by the public before they can be executed. It also adds a later of confusion to the whole matter, ie nobody knew what was part of the drill or something real. ie JFK assassination plot is discovered, turns out to be a security drill. 

In regard to the shooters, the water is so muddy, with some many pieces of information and red herrings. It wouldn't be inconceivable for the shooters to be military, Fort Benning types or even a Frenchman in the mix. If you're constructing the plot, would it be better if say 3 shooting teams didn't know about eachother? It perhaps give you more options should unpredictable things happen, that you didn't plan for, or a part of the plot being foiled. There was also speculation about a truck the other side of the underpass ready to burn out the occupants of the limo, should the shooting have failed. I certainly never buy the idea that the CIA guys involved were rogues or unconnected from the hierarchy of the organisation (excluding John A. McCone). 

Best of luck with the article. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

A lot fits together. 

I’ve thought along these lines for quite a while. If plotters wanted to influence Cuba policy and gain JFK’s support for taking Castro out, an attempted assassination blamed on Cuban or Russian agents would have been enough. Killing the President was not necessary. As you point out, Oswald was a perfect choice in that scenario, but a lousy one for an actual assassination. 

Benjamin,

French historian Laurent Guyenot has written about the co-opted CIA false flag theory of the JFK assassination.

Not sure I buy it.  The CIA and Joint Chiefs had ample foreign and military policy motives for killing JFK in 1963, beyond (false flag) pretexts for invading Cuba.

James DiEugenio's January 14, 2021 essay is an excellent summary.

Deconstructing JFK: A Coup d’État over Foreign Policy?

Deconstructing JFK: A Coup d'État over Foreign Policy? - CovertAction Magazine

Woolsey has been an asset of the military-industrial-big weapons sales complex since the early 1970's, when he was a counsel to the Armed Services Committee while they were approving the nominations of various arms manufacturer CEO's to bring them into government. Not surprised at all to see him pushing more disinformation on this subject.

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Benjamin,

French historian Laurent Guyenot has written about the co-opted CIA false flag theory of the JFK assassination.

Not sure I buy it.  The CIA and Joint Chiefs had ample foreign and military policy motives for killing JFK in 1963, beyond (false flag) pretexts for invading Cuba.

James DiEugenio's January 14, 2021 essay is an excellent summary.

Deconstructing JFK: A Coup d’État over Foreign Policy?

Deconstructing JFK: A Coup d'État over Foreign Policy? - CovertAction Magazine

Thanks for your comment.

James DiEugenio is a top-drawer reporter and historian, and I do not disagree that the US military-foreign policy-globalist establishment was at odds with JFK, tactically and fundamentally. 

US globalists have always wanted the world open to multinationals, going back to the days of Smedley Butler. Freedom is a frumpy cousin----see the way Disney, Apple, the NBA, BlackRock, Tesla, WalMart and GM et al cozy up to Beijing. 

I differ with some in JFKA community in that I prefer explanations that have very few participants, pre-event. After the event, everyone fell in line with the leftie-loser-loner LOH explanation, including (shamefully) US media. 

In a few weeks, I will post an article here that presents an outline with very few pre-event participants. 

Interesting side note: Even within the JFKA community, everyone remembers Howard Brennan.

But there was another assassination witness, often overlooked, who on Nov. 22 contemporaneously told Dallas sheriffs, indeed within moments of the shooting, that he had seen a man with a rifle shooting at JFK from the TSBD. 

That witness was Amos Lee Euins, a 15-year-old youth on hand to watch the motorcade. Euins described to the WC a bald man, of undetermined race, shooting at JFK from about the fifth-floor of the TSBD. Euins’ eyesight was fine.

Late in his career, an awakening Robert Blakely said he thought Eladio del Valle had played a role in shooting the President. Del Valle was notably bald. 

Stay tuned. 

9 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’ve thought along these lines for quite a while. If plotters wanted to influence Cuba policy and gain JFK’s support for taking Castro out, an attempted assassination blamed on Cuban or Russian agents would have been enough. Killing the President was not necessary. As you point out, Oswald was a perfect choice in that scenario, but a lousy one for an actual assassination. 

Thanks for your comment. 

Add on: If Oswald had been a loyal CIA asset for years, why frame him?  A bit risky no? What if Oswald (after the assassination) begins to explain who he is? 

And does this hold water: There was an elaborate CIA plot to assassinate the President, unfolding over months, involving many dozens of participants including higher-ups, but CIA asset Oswald, in the very center of the plot, in the TSBD, had no clue what was going on? 

1 hour ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Woolsey has been an asset of the military-industrial-big weapons sales complex since the early 1970's, when he was a counsel to the Armed Services Committee while they were approving the nominations of various arms manufacturer CEO's to bring them into government. Not surprised at all to see him pushing more disinformation on this subject.

Just reading the Wikipedia page on Woolsey is daunting. 

47 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Thanks for your comment.

James DiEugenio is a top-drawer reporter and historian, and I do not disagree that the US military-foreign policy-globalist establishment was at odds with JFK, tactically and fundamentally. 

US globalists have always wanted the world open to multinationals, going back to the days of Smedley Butler. Freedom is a frumpy cousin----see the way Disney, Apple, the NBA, BlackRock, Tesla, WalMart and GM et al cozy up to Beijing. 

I differ with some in JFKA community in that I prefer explanations that have very few participants, pre-event. After the event, everyone fell in line with the leftie-loser-loner LOH explanation, including (shamefully) US media. 

In a few weeks, I will post an article here that presents an outline with very few pre-event participants. 

Interesting side note: Even within the JFKA community, everyone remembers Howard Brennan.

But there was another assassination witness, often overlooked, who on Nov. 22 contemporaneously told Dallas sheriffs, indeed within moments of the shooting, that he had seen a man with a rifle shooting at JFK from the TSBD. 

That witness was Amos Lee Euins, a 15-year-old youth on hand to watch the motorcade. Euins described to the WC a bald man, of undetermined race, shooting at JFK from about the fifth-floor of the TSBD. Euins’ eyesight was fine.

Late in his career, an awakening Robert Blakely said he thought Eladio del Valle had played a role in shooting the President. Del Valle was notably bald. 

Stay tuned. 

Chopped in the head with a machete, shot in the heart and mouth in a remote parking lot in his white Cadillac with the red seats , at a meet up (?) in Florida.  The same night David Ferrie committed "suicide" in New Orleans.   Strange coincidence.  A CIA infiltrator of Garrison's office was looking for him at the time.

See the source image   

what a bunch of crap! just more disinformation. 

On the otherhand, Eladio del Valle  and Herminio Diaz Garcia were both in Dallas on 11/20. and yes- the strange co-incidence of Del Valle and Ferrie dying under strange circumstances on the same day............  

It is very simple  delVallo and Ferrie knew about the Dr Oschner/CIA methods to kill Castro with Cancer. the New Orleans Mafia, CIA, Marcello all knew.

As Garrison started digging---these two knew too much.   Cleaner cleaned up the potential leakers.

Do these guys ever get tired of this?  No they do not.

I mean this is pretty much what Epstein was selling back in 1978.  With all the might of Readers' Digest behind him.

To anyone who knows the case, it makes no sense. Period.  The KGB had suspected Oswald was a false defector from the start.  That is why he was in that hotel that was wired and had infrared photography. They knew all the BS he was spewing.

That is why they shipped him to Minsk.  They then put a ring of humint and electronic surveillance around him. Titovets says they fished a listening device out of his sink. 

These guys.  The whole idea is to confuse the public with all these nutty stories.  Meanwhile, the ARRB proved Oswald could not have killed Kennedy.  But that story does not get told or broadcast.

16 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

As far as I can tell it does look like something like that was going on, a false flag. Evidence of the false flag thinking was evident in the military before and after the JFK assassination, in regard to operation Northwoods and the later Bay of Tonkin incident. One thing I read in much later history is that during 9/11 there were war games going on, simulating a terror attack. During 7/7 there were mock terror attack simulations going on in some of the affected London stations that were attacked (or at least one as I have listened to a dignitary making excuses about the drills and the coincidence). They may seem strange coincidences, but, thinking analytically it's also an exceptional cover should any plot be discovered by the public before they can be executed. It also adds a later of confusion to the whole matter, ie nobody knew what was part of the drill or something real. ie JFK assassination plot is discovered, turns out to be a security drill. 

In regard to the shooters, the water is so muddy, with some many pieces of information and red herrings. It wouldn't be inconceivable for the shooters to be military, Fort Benning types or even a Frenchman in the mix. If you're constructing the plot, would it be better if say 3 shooting teams didn't know about eachother? It perhaps give you more options should unpredictable things happen, that you didn't plan for, or a part of the plot being foiled. There was also speculation about a truck the other side of the underpass ready to burn out the occupants of the limo, should the shooting have failed. I certainly never buy the idea that the CIA guys involved were rogues or unconnected from the hierarchy of the organisation (excluding John A. McCone). 

Best of luck with the article. 

Thanks Chris. I do not claim my article is the definitive explanation, but it explains a lot. For example, if someone wanted to make Oswald the unknowing patsy, were they not afraid he might go down to the parade route and watch JFK from the street? And be photographed?