The Education Forum

John Newman's 2020 Presentation on ACSI and Veciana

25 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I remain unconvinced about Newman's idea that Veciana was sprung from prison in order to frame the CIA for JFK's murder, mainly because Newman still has not provided any evidence of it.

You and me both.

33 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I also believe there is no other evidence that Veciana's relationship with the Army extended beyond his activity with Hubbard during the first week of November in 1962.

Newman says that Veciana remained a source for Army Intelligence until 1965. But I agree that Newman is exaggerating Veciana's involvements with the Army. Once they saw that the weapons that Pfuntner promised were nothing impressive, their main focus was interviewing the frogmen who they felt could provide useful intelligence.

36 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

In trying to use Veciana's friend Zabala's FBI interview against him, we actually find another source for the Bishop story (and that Bishop was CIA), as Zabala himself was also recruited into the infamous 1971 plot to kill Castro in Chile:

But Zabala was just repeating what Veciana told him as far as Bishop goes. He admitted in another document that "he never actually met this man [Bishop].

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=197144&search=bishop#relPageId=28&tab=page

Another problem with Zabala claiming that he was in on the 1971 plot is that Veciana never said much about him in regards to that.

17 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

But Zabala was just repeating what Veciana told him as far as Bishop goes. He admitted in another document that "he never actually met this man [Bishop].

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=197144&search=bishop#relPageId=28&tab=page

I believe these are from the same FBI report- a summation of the 2 interviews Zabala did with the FBI: the first on 4/8/77, and the second on 4/11/77. Did Zabala modify his story in the 2nd interview would be my question, because clearly there is conflict in regard to the statements regarding Bishop.

Parnell: "Another problem with Zabala claiming that he was in on the 1971 plot is that Veciana never said much about him in regards to that."

I personally don't see this as a problem at all, as Zabala and Veciana were very close friends (Veciana was the godfather to Zabala's child), and Veciana would not want to unnecessarily implicate his friend in an assassination plot, would he?

Edited by Matt Allison

11 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Did Zabala modify his story in the 2nd interview would be my question, because clearly there is conflict in regard to the statements regarding Bishop.

No, I don't believe so. Zabala said that "he, Veciana and the CIA agent Bishop began planning the assassination of Castro." But Zabala's admission that he never met Bishop indicates to me that he is mixing what Veciana told him later with his memories of the plot (assuming that he really participated). Additionally, there is not one other relevant person who said they knew Bishop and Veciana never indicated that there was. Menoyo, Nazario and all the men from SNFE knew nothing about it. Lopez-Fresquet was amazed when he heard about Veciana's allegations and said something to the effect of "well, he hid his involvement with the CIA very well because I never knew about it."

12 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Additionally, there is not one other relevant person who said they knew Bishop and Veciana never indicated that there was. 

Well that's not true, is it? I can name Ross Crozier, Doug Gupton, and Virginia Prewett off the top of my head.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/2018/104-10163-10019.pdf

i think this is a good place to link a post I made several years ago. On page 12 you will find Eloy Guttierez Menoyo mentioned in a very interesting context. Tracey - give this a look. 

13 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/2018/104-10163-10019.pdf

i think this is a good place to link a post I made several years ago. On page 12 you will find Eloy Guttierez Menoyo mentioned in a very interesting context. Tracey - give this a look. 

Thanks for the document Paul. I think it is safe to say that Menoyo played both sides of the fence while he was in Cuba.

18 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Thanks for the document Paul. I think it is safe to say that Menoyo played both sides of the fence while he was in Cuba.

Tracey - have you seen Otto Skorzeny mentioned in any other documents about Cuban exiles? 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Tracey - have you seen Otto Skorzeny mentioned in any other documents about Cuban exiles? 

I may have I don't remember. I don't think I delve into Menoyo's time in Spain very much in my work since it isn't really relevant to the points I try and make. Do you have a particular theory about Menoyo and Skorzeny?