The Education Forum

HONEST ANSWERS ABOUT THE MURDER OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY: A NEW LOOK AT THE JFK ASSASSINATION (2021)- 3/19/2021

May be an image of 2 people, including Vince Palamara

Super excited!!!!! 😁 I received a few advance copies of my new book scheduled for release 3/19/2021 (it clocks in at 480 pages and has many photos/docs/articles)! The other ones are already gone- delegated to a few people already. It seems the pre-ordering has been brisk, so I will not receive the rest of my copies until sometime in early (to mid) April...so your best bet to get it quicker would be to just (pre) order it off Amazon rather than wait for me. Also- the kindle is coming.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/163424334X/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i4?fbclid=IwAR0PrNZauIBttGUldCEtBjdZ-7fNTK9jd313kpB2Qf_kUDH9mfm-qDlQ244

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Congratulations, Vince! I just ordered it. Can't wait to read it. Cheers.

Thanks a lot- you are mentioned in it favorable a few times!

Ordered with wife's amazon prime account.  Free shipping, two day delivery.  Otherwise, free shipping starts at $25, it's $24.95.  At 480 pages, from you, I imagine it will be deep and well documented.  As Joseph and Tony say congratulations.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:24 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Ordered with wife's amazon prime account.  Free shipping, two day delivery.  Otherwise, free shipping starts at $25, it's $24.95.  At 480 pages, from you, I imagine it will be deep and well documented.  As Joseph and Tony say congratulations.

Thanks, Ron! Yes- very heavily documented. 

Vince's book looks good, and I'll be buying it (probably on Kindle). Trine Day have a future volume from another author on the way attacking Vincent Bugliosi - fine with me - and FLY BY NIGHT, an unexpected, unrelated book coming on Steven Spielberg, Warner Bros and the Twilight Zone accident from the early 80's. There's already been a book on that event, so I have no idea if the new volume will have anything new.

22 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Vince's book looks good, and I'll be buying it (probably on Kindle). Trine Day have a future volume from another author on the way attacking Vincent Bugliosi - fine with me - and FLY BY NIGHT, an unexpected, unrelated book coming on Steven Spielberg, Warner Bros and the Twilight Zone accident from the early 80's. There's already been a book on that event, so I have no idea if the new volume will have anything new.

Thanks! Yes- the kindle edition is coming.

Anthony, who is the book on Bugliosi by, do you know?

I think there are two books on The Twilight Zone tragedy. 

But McBride is the authority on that.  I think he recommends one of them and it doesn't make Spielberg look good.

The Bugliosi book is by Gregory Donges and is linked here.

https://trineday.com/collections/upcoming-releases/products/reclaiming-reality

I’ve read one of the books on the Twilight Zone incident - Outrageous Conduct? I’ve also read and enjoyed Joe’s Spielberg biography. I’m curious to see what turns up in this new volume.

A friend of a friend interviewed Landis at length a few years back for some documentaries. Landis discussed the Twilight Zone incident a little. In those conversations, Landis pointed blame (some of it or all of it) to one of the producers - Frank Marshall? - but not Spielberg. And I’ve always figured that Spielberg was personally affected by the incident. The film he made right afterwards, TEMPLE OF DOOM, has a young Asian boy as the hero’s sidekick, and ends with dozens of young children being rescued.

If I recall, Marshall was a close associate of Spielberg.  Joe once said that Spielberg, to put it mildly, did not cooperate with the investigation.

BTW, the prosecutor who lost that case, it was her first loss.  That's what she was up against.

Yep - in either Joe’s book or the other book on the case, it was noted that Spielberg really wanted to stay far away from the whole thing.

FWIW, Landis made his comments about Marshall and the Twilight Zone case when the cameras weren’t rolling. The guy had interviewed Landis a few times, they knew each other, and Landis spoke a little about what had happened. But it was a private conversation.

The lady who took on the case might have had better luck if she’d targeted Marshall or the studio. I’m not sure if Landis was the guy who hired the kids, approved them to illegally work late at night, or signed off on the safety requirements of the shot. Those all sound like the work of a producer, not a director, so I do wonder why they decided to prosecute just Landis. But then, it makes sense if they wanted to avoid prosecuting the high profile producers who were associates of Spielberg. Landis would then be the only guy left, so they went after him.

Back on topic with Vince’s book. Vince - I’m glad the Kindle version will be out soon. I look forward to reading it.

On 3/12/2021 at 5:27 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Anthony, who is the book on Bugliosi by, do you know?

I think there are two books on The Twilight Zone tragedy. 

But McBride is the authority on that.  I think he recommends one of them and it doesn't make Spielberg look good.

Author Tom O'Neill exposed Bugliosi in a Joe Rogan podcast. This explains how he was compromised:  

Edited by Chris Barnard

I refer you to the section on the TWILIGHT ZONE film and crash in my Spielberg biograhy. There have been two good books on the crash and trial, Stephen Farber and Marc Green, OUTRAGEOUS C0NDUCT: ART, EGO, AND THE "TWILIGHT ZONE" CASE, Arbor House/Morrow, 1988, and Ron LaBrecque, SPECIAL EFFECTS: DISASTER AT "TWILIGHT ZONE": THE TRAGEDY AND THE TRIAL, Scribners, 1988. OUTRAGEOUS CONDUCT is better, but the other one also has useful information. An important article on the trial is by Gay Jervey, "Misfire in the Twilight Zone," The American Lawyer, December 1987.        

Edited by Joseph McBride

On 3/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, Chris Barnard said:

Author Tom O'Neill exposed Bugliosi in a Joe Rogan podcast. This explains how he was compromised:  

Just listened to this Joe Rogan interview of Tom O'Neill.

What a rotten, lying,  no good SOB scumbag Bugliosi was in real life.

Edited by Joe Bauer