The Education Forum

HONEST ANSWERS ABOUT THE MURDER OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY: A NEW LOOK AT THE JFK ASSASSINATION (2021)- 3/19/2021

On 3/25/2021 at 3:29 AM, Joseph McBride said:

That attack review on the book on Amazon is grossly unfair. The guy

obviously had some animus toward it ahead of time and unleashed

it. I recommend anyone here who likes the book (as I do) post

a good review to counterbalance that garbage.

Thanks!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/25/2021 at 1:44 PM, Pete Mellor said:

Yeah, I would love to....however I have the honour of a lifetime ban from book reviews on Amazon!

I feel your pain! I know a couple other authors who are banned from reviews (like myself) due to "bias."

Being banned from reviewing on Amazon?

I had not heard that. I mean that is really weird.

If anyone is biased, its Lance Payette.

8 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

They ban reviewers because of "bias"? How do they define "bias"?

Isn't all reviewing opinionated by nature? Legally there is no

such thing as a right or wrong opinion; it has to be backed up

by facts to mean anything.

I agree with you.

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

It all began soon after I was harassed at work a couple times by a friend of Gerald Blaine's in 2013 (as I note briefly in my last two books). The friend of his had a military intelligence background and was, ostensibly, also a retired postman. Some of my blogs disappeared, my You Tube and Google-connected blogs would temporarily be frozen and then, out of nowhere, all my Amazon reviews were wiped out. Ironically, as an author, I am able to update my own book page and so forth, but I am barred from reviewing other author's books. A couple other authors told me the same thing happened to them. 

Edited by Vince Palamara

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Blaine's one friend was livid at me for both my as-yet-unreleased-but-forthcoming book ("How dare you criticize this fine patriot" etc.) and my negative review of Blaine's book. Soon after Blaine and Hill's appearance on C-SPAN (where they showed a You Tube video of me and talked about my work), I was called by the HR department not once but (a few weeks later) twice about this gentleman who wrote a lengthy letter to the company CEO (!) requesting that I be terminated due to my "unamerican and unpatriotic" views. Luckily, the HR lady laughed on both occasions, told me the CEO never saw either letter because they screen all his mail, AND  the writer was told the company would file harassment charges on my/their behalf if he wrote another letter [I have since moved on to another company]...he then disappeared, his review left Amazon, and his Facebook was gone, too (he went by the fictitious name "Carlo Rossi", bragged in his info about being in military intelligence for decades and also being a recently retired postman).

Not long after all that, my hundreds of Amazon reviews were wiped and any attempt at further reviews gets either that "bias" note or "we have noticed strange activity on your reviews" message.

Edited by Vince Palamara

44 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

All that harassment is appalling, Vince. It is a backhanded

tribute to how powerful and influential your investigation

of Secret Service complicity in the assassination has been.

Thanks, Joe! It was truly bizarre and a little scary, at least at first. The HR lady (twice) was very nice and reassuring about it. She was baffled how this person thought my First Amendment writings could be taken as something to be fired over! Still, it showed me that I had them worried (Lisa McCubbin gave my book a one-star rating on GoodReads on its first day of release, while Gerald Blaine marked it as to-read a few months earlier (and both himself and Hill talked about me on C-SPAN). Former agent Charles Zboril likewise gave my first book a one-star rating. I knew I struck a nerve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vince--I ordered your book as soon as it was available and what a wealth of resources is in it, especially the obtaining of so many valuable interviews with Secret Service persons over the years. Here I will ask two questions from my reading if I may, followed by an anecdote which may or may not be of interest.

Question #1 

On p. 119 of your book appears this stunner (below), of interest in light of the discussion on a different thread right now concerning Benjamin Cole's paper proposing an original govt-sponsored plot involving Oswald of a nonviolent false-flag fake assassination attempt to be blamed on Castro, secondarily hijacked into a real assassination. (Cole makes no mention of the below.)

"[Christopher] Fulton interviewed [Secret Service agent] Robert Bouck on the phone and in person in August 1997. Bouck shockingly told Fulton: 'Dallas's Mayor, Earle Cabell, and Sheriff Bill Decker were both CIA assets. They told the police to stand down from their protection of President Kennedy by order of the Secret Service. At the same time, several key men in the president's Secret Service detail were told that there would be a test of the president's security in Dallas, and that there would be a test of the president's security in Dallas, and that there would be a staged event that would lead to the door of the pro-Castro Cubans, and to stand down. The men following that order thought they were doing the right thing for the country. It's how the loyal Secret Service men were made part of the plan and played a role in the assassination. I remember debriefing a CIA man who had been sent to Dallas to abort the false flag assassination attempt; he was shocked and horrified when he saw the president shot in the head ..." (Honest Answers, 119)

You have a footnote for this citing page numbers in Christopher Fulton, The Inheritance (2018). William Kelly, however, quotes the book's publisher as saying Fulton's book is "written in a novelized fashion" with "contrived conversations and fictionalized style". Kelly wishes Fulton "instead of novelizing this story" had written "a true to life non-fictional account, and it would have served us all better". Kelly refers again to "contrived conversations" throughout Fulton's book, and says, "Fulton's long and convoluted conversation with former Secret Service Agent Robert Bouck at JFK's graveside is total BS. I don't believe a word of it was spoken by Bouck" (https://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-inheritance-what-became-of-mrs.html). 

So my question to you is: do you personally believe the account in your book of Robert Bouck telling of a Secret Service planned test of presidential security by standing down in Dallas, was said by Bouck? 

And (distinct question), in view of your other interviews and research concerning the Secret Service, what is your assessment of the claim itself--the claim attributed to an interview of Bouck in your book--concerning whether it is true or corroborated? 

Question #2

On p. 163, and again on p. 236, you quote a statement attributed to a researcher Deb Galantine in correspondence with you, that "[Ruth Paine] had incorporated a visit to CIA headquarters while in the D.C. area in order to 'see her sister'", stated as fact. No footnote or documentation is given. Do you believe that claim that Ruth Paine visited CIA headquarters to be true? Did you fact-check that or know where Deb Galantine got that, in terms of evidence? 

Anecdote:

Sometime in 1977 I had an apartment in Goleta, California and had built a window cleaning route after dropping out of a Bible college. I read an interesting feature article in a Santa Barbara newspaper concerning a theory on the JFK assassination, in which a local author argued JFK had been assassinated by the Secret Service under the direction of Johnson and Connally. An agent in a car to the rear had fired a pistol in the air distracting the crowd's attention to the rear, and then the driver of the presidential limousine, Greer, had turned around and shot JFK point-blank with a pistol while everyone's attention was diverted. I was intrigued and looked up the author in the phone book--one of two coauthors actually--called and asked if it would be possible to read the manuscript. As you may realize by now, this was Perry Adams, coauthor with Fed Newcomb of the belatedly and posthumously published Murder Within (2011).

To my disappointment Adams said no, he could not lend out the manuscript. But then he said I could come over to his apartment and read it in his living room if I wanted. Great! I went over, and spent an afternoon reading the mss and talking with Adams about it. At the time I thought he was some kind of professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara, but in checking recently I see he was actually employed in the university library, not faculty. Adams explained the thesis: the assassination was a coup; it was an inside job; it was done when the government was out of the country (the cabinet on a plane flying over the Pacific); the crime scene was mobile (the presidential limousine). I asked how could the driver of the limousine shoot JFK with hundreds watching. He said that was the genius of it, hard for anyone to imagine something like that could occur in broad daylight and no one saw it because of sound distraction to the rear. I read the manuscript pages through completely--of how LBJ was slated to be dumped as VP and headed for prison; of how JFK was planning to withdraw from Vietnam; how the press car had been moved way to the back and one reporter hogged the mike after the shooting meaning journalists could not see or report in the crucial moments after; how the parade route was set involving Connally; how the JFK head shot bloody spray hit motorcycle cops to the rear meaning shot from the front; how many witnesses smelled gunpowder in the vicinity of the limousine indicating the shot originated very close at hand, etc. (so the argument). I asked how could Connally be party to the assassination when he himself was shot. He said Connally was double-crossed ("they're going to kill us all!").

I asked if he and his partner (Newcomb) had called and told their argument to Greer and how did Greer react? He said they had called Greer and Greer was not enamored with their argument (that Greer killed JFK), telling them that they should read William Manchester's book (I think it was) for the correct story. He said something about Greer and the other Secret Service from those days got together annually socially.

Perry Adams told me they had been contacted by an aide to Alabama Governor George Wallace asking for a copy. The aide said Wallace believed the JFK assassination was a conspiracy and that Wallace intended to make the JFK assassination an issue in his presidential campaign, though that did not happen. 

Either Perry Adams showed me, or it was in the manuscript, one or the other, a photograph of a published photo of the presidential limousine drivers in a magazine or glossy book of some kind. The caption identifying the two Secret Service in the front seats had a typo: instead of William Greer and Roy Kellerman, the published photo caption read "Roy Killerman". "Killer-man", get it? Adams said Jacqueline Kennedy had been involved in that publication and he mused that she or someone in her circle might have had that caption that way on purpose. However I cannot find any reference to that in the published Murder Within, and I am not certain it was in the manuscript then; it is possible Adams showed that to me and commented about it just as something interesting "extra" not in the manuscript. But I saw the photo and caption with that reading (unfortunately do not remember the name of the book or magazine). 

That was my only contact with Perry Adams (in mid-1977 I moved away from Santa Barbara). Anyway reading your book brought to mind that long-ago encounter. 

49 minutes ago, Greg Doudna said:

Hi Vince--I ordered your book as soon as it was available and what a wealth of resources is in it, especially the obtaining of so many valuable interviews with Secret Service persons over the years. Here I will ask two questions from my reading if I may, followed by an anecdote which may or may not be of interest.

Question #1 

On p. 119 of your book appears this stunner (below), of interest in light of the discussion on a different thread right now concerning Benjamin Cole's paper proposing an original govt-sponsored plot involving Oswald of a nonviolent false-flag fake assassination attempt to be blamed on Castro, secondarily hijacked into a real assassination. (Cole makes no mention of the below.)

"[Christopher] Fulton interviewed [Secret Service agent] Robert Bouck on the phone and in person in August 1997. Bouck shockingly told Fulton: 'Dallas's Mayor, Earle Cabell, and Sheriff Bill Decker were both CIA assets. They told the police to stand down from their protection of President Kennedy by order of the Secret Service. At the same time, several key men in the president's Secret Service detail were told that there would be a test of the president's security in Dallas, and that there would be a test of the president's security in Dallas, and that there would be a staged event that would lead to the door of the pro-Castro Cubans, and to stand down. The men following that order thought they were doing the right thing for the country. It's how the loyal Secret Service men were made part of the plan and played a role in the assassination. I remember debriefing a CIA man who had been sent to Dallas to abort the false flag assassination attempt; he was shocked and horrified when he saw the president shot in the head ..." (Honest Answers, 119)

You have a footnote for this citing page numbers in Christopher Fulton, The Inheritance (2018). William Kelly, however, quotes the book's publisher as saying Fulton's book is "written in a novelized fashion" with "contrived conversations and fictionalized style". Kelly wishes Fulton "instead of novelizing this story" had written "a true to life non-fictional account, and it would have served us all better". Kelly refers again to "contrived conversations" throughout Fulton's book, and says, "Fulton's long and convoluted conversation with former Secret Service Agent Robert Bouck at JFK's graveside is total BS. I don't believe a word of it was spoken by Bouck" (https://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-inheritance-what-became-of-mrs.html). 

So my question to you is: do you personally believe the account in your book of Robert Bouck telling of a Secret Service planned test of presidential security by standing down in Dallas, was said by Bouck? 

And (distinct question), in view of your other interviews and research concerning the Secret Service, what is your assessment of the claim itself--the claim attributed to an interview of Bouck in your book--concerning whether it is true or corroborated? 

Question #2

On p. 163, and again on p. 236, you quote a statement attributed to a researcher Deb Galantine in correspondence with you, that "[Ruth Paine] had incorporated a visit to CIA headquarters while in the D.C. area in order to 'see her sister'", stated as fact. No footnote or documentation is given. Do you believe that claim that Ruth Paine visited CIA headquarters to be true? Did you fact-check that or know where Deb Galantine got that, in terms of evidence? 

Anecdote:

Sometime in 1977 I had an apartment in Goleta, California and had built a window cleaning route after dropping out of a Bible college. I read an interesting feature article in a Santa Barbara newspaper concerning a theory on the JFK assassination, in which a local author argued JFK had been assassinated by the Secret Service under the direction of Johnson and Connally. An agent in a car to the rear had fired a pistol in the air distracting the crowd's attention to the rear, and then the driver of the presidential limousine, Greer, had turned around and shot JFK point-blank with a pistol while everyone's attention was diverted. I was intrigued and looked up the author in the phone book--one of two coauthors actually--called and asked if it would be possible to read the manuscript. As you may realize by now, this was Perry Adams, coauthor with Fed Newcomb of the belatedly and posthumously published Murder Within (2011).

To my disappointment Adams said no, he could not lend out the manuscript. But then he said I could come over to his apartment and read it in his living room if I wanted. Great! I went over, and spent an afternoon reading the mss and talking with Adams about it. At the time I thought he was some kind of professor at the University of California, Santa Barbara, but in checking recently I see he was actually employed in the university library, not faculty. Adams explained the thesis: the assassination was a coup; it was an inside job; it was done when the government was out of the country (the cabinet on a plane flying over the Pacific); the crime scene was mobile (the presidential limousine). I asked how could the driver of the limousine shoot JFK with hundreds watching. He said that was the genius of it, hard for anyone to imagine something like that could occur in broad daylight and no one saw it because of sound distraction to the rear. I read the manuscript pages through completely--of how LBJ was slated to be dumped as VP and headed for prison; of how JFK was planning to withdraw from Vietnam; how the press car had been moved way to the back and one reporter hogged the mike after the shooting meaning journalists could not see or report in the crucial moments after; how the parade route was set involving Connally; how the JFK head shot bloody spray hit motorcycle cops to the rear meaning shot from the front; how many witnesses smelled gunpowder in the vicinity of the limousine indicating the shot originated very close at hand, etc. (so the argument). I asked how could Connally be party to the assassination when he himself was shot. He said Connally was double-crossed ("they're going to kill us all!").

I asked if he and his partner (Newcomb) had called and told their argument to Greer and how did Greer react? He said they had called Greer and Greer was not enamored with their argument (that Greer killed JFK), telling them that they should read William Manchester's book (I think it was) for the correct story. He said something about Greer and the other Secret Service from those days got together annually socially.

Perry Adams told me they had been contacted by an aide to Alabama Governor George Wallace asking for a copy. The aide said Wallace believed the JFK assassination was a conspiracy and that Wallace intended to make the JFK assassination an issue in his presidential campaign, though that did not happen. 

Either Perry Adams showed me, or it was in the manuscript, one or the other, a photograph of a published photo of the presidential limousine drivers in a magazine or glossy book of some kind. The caption identifying the two Secret Service in the front seats had a typo: instead of William Greer and Roy Kellerman, the published photo caption read "Roy Killerman". "Killer-man", get it? Adams said Jacqueline Kennedy had been involved in that publication and he mused that she or someone in her circle might have had that caption that way on purpose. However I cannot find any reference to that in the published Murder Within, and I am not certain it was in the manuscript then; it is possible Adams showed that to me and commented about it just as something interesting "extra" not in the manuscript. But I saw the photo and caption with that reading (unfortunately do not remember the name of the book or magazine). 

That was my only contact with Perry Adams (in mid-1977 I moved away from Santa Barbara). Anyway reading your book brought to mind that long-ago encounter. 

Hello! Thanks a lot.

As for your questions:

I spoke to Bouck on 9/27/92 and he believed there was a conspiracy, so I got that straight from the horse’s mouth. As it turns out, Bouck also said the same thing to the ARRB (although he added that Oswald was the assassin). I admittedly added that bit from Fulton because it was enticing and directly related to Bouck (of course). As for the merits of the book itself, whether there is any additional novelizations added, highly respected author Dick Russell stuck his neck out and contributed to the book, so that, coupled with what Bouck told me (and the ARRB) and the actual photos and documentation at the end of the book concerning other matters (correspondence with Secret Service agents, photos of him with several important persons, etc.), was enough for me to duly note what Fulton reported about Bouck. The bottom line: since Bouck said what he said to me AND the suspicion about the Cabell brothers is a valid one, I “took a chance” with Fulton and noted what he alleges in his book.

Deb’s father both worked on security for JFK’s trips to Billings, Montana in 1960 and 1963 (there are photos of the two together) AND was a CIA agent (I have seen the documentation- Deb is working on a book about her late father so I am not at liberty to share anything as of yet or you know I sure would: I am very open with sharing much documentation, photos and videos galore through the years/decades). So, with that in mind, I trust Deb, as she is a meticulous researcher who has helped me on other matters. That said, I will ask her where she specifically got that (if not from her father).

As for Newcomb and Adams (and Murder From Within): much aware of them and their book. I corresponded with Fred Newcomb and I am Facebook friends with his son Tyler (who came out with the 2011 version of the book). That Greer-shot-the-president theory is pure crap.

Vince

19 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

Hello! Thanks a lot.

As for your questions:

I spoke to Bouck on 9/27/92 and he believed there was a conspiracy, so I got that straight from the horse’s mouth. As it turns out, Bouck also said the same thing to the ARRB (although he added that Oswald was the assassin). I admittedly added that bit from Fulton because it was enticing and directly related to Bouck (of course). As for the merits of the book itself, whether there is any additional novelizations added, highly respected author Dick Russell stuck his neck out and contributed to the book, so that, coupled with what Bouck told me (and the ARRB) and the actual photos and documentation at the end of the book concerning other matters (correspondence with Secret Service agents, photos of him with several important persons, etc.), was enough for me to duly note what Fulton reported about Bouck. The bottom line: since Bouck said what he said to me AND the suspicion about the Cabell brothers is a valid one, I “took a chance” with Fulton and noted what he alleges in his book.

Deb’s father both worked on security for JFK’s trips to Billings, Montana in 1960 and 1963 (there are photos of the two together) AND was a CIA agent (I have seen the documentation- Deb is working on a book about her late father so I am not at liberty to share anything as of yet or you know I sure would: I am very open with sharing much documentation, photos and videos galore through the years/decades). So, with that in mind, I trust Deb, as she is a meticulous researcher who has helped me on other matters. That said, I will ask her where she specifically got that (if not from her father).

As for Newcomb and Adams (and Murder From Within): much aware of them and their book. I corresponded with Fred Newcomb and I am Facebook friends with his son Tyler (who came out with the 2011 version of the book). That Greer-shot-the-president theory is pure crap.

Vince

Thanks Vince. 

20 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

Hello! Thanks a lot.

As for your questions:

Vince

I think that Greer-shot-the-president theory is disinformation, just like mortal errors ridiculous story (still highly rated on amazon, unfortunately) of SSA Hickey accidentally shooting JFK.  They're both pure horseshit.  A CIA Mockingbird wet dream.  Meant to distract from real research on the subject as well as distill public opinion with sensationalism.   

Edited by Ron Bulman