The Education Forum

General Edwin Walker, Lee Harvey Oswald, the Bad Shot, and The Dog That Didn’t Bark 

General Edwin Walker, Lee Harvey Oswald, the Bad Shot, and The Dog That Didn’t Bark 

Part of the official JFKA lore is that Lee Harvey Oswald armed himself with his Mannlicher-Carano rifle on the night of April 10, 1963, and took a bus close to the Turtle Creek neighborhood of General Edwin A. Walker, then a nationally prominent right-wing political activist. 

Oswald then walked to behind the Walker residence, into an alley.   

Resting his rifle on a latticed fence about 100 feet from Walker, who was seated behind a desk inside his home in front of a large first-floor window, Oswald at 9 pm took a potshot at his target. 

And missed. Entirely. The shot went over Walker’s head, and into a wall. 

Walker, on surveying the latticed fence afterwards that evening with a lieutenant from the Dallas Police Department, remarked that the unknown would-be assassin was a “lousy shot.” 

A police officer reviewing the layout and shooting that night replied, “He couldn’t have missed you.” 

The official version is Oswald, after shooting at Walker, then “buried” his rifle somewhere, and rode a bus back home, where he confessed to wife Marina details of his expedition.

Also entered into the lore was that Oswald would have struck Walker, save for a window pane that deflected his shot. 

But a review of the Dallas Police Department documents reveals just the opposite—whoever shot at Walker that night would have missed even more badly, save for the deflection of the window pane. 

First, here is a photo of the Walker window pane and the damage caused by the passing bullet. Obviously, the damage is on the lower edge of the crossbar of the wind plane, and likely would have deflected the bullet lower.  

1364110175_ScreenShot2564-03-27at10_42_59.png.6f858ba177b6d67dfa8dfb28b19a3b64.png

And that is how the Dallas Police Department saw it. 

“Officers observed a bullet of unknown caliber, steel jacket, had been shot through the window, piercing the frame of the window and going into the wall above comp's (Walker’s) head,” according to DPD report filed on April 10 (italics added). 

The report continues, “The bullet struck the window frame near center looking device. From the point where the bullet hit the window frame to the point where it struck the wall is a downward trajectory.”

It is hard to escape the conclusion that whoever shot at Walker would have missed by even more, except for the deflection. The shooter missed Walker from a distance of about 100 feet, armed with a rifle resting on a fence for support.  

Careful readers will also note that a “steel-jacket” bullet was found at the scene of the Walker shooting. JFKA researchers know, of course, that Oswald’s Mannlicher-Carcano used copper-jacketed ammo, from the Western Cartridge Company. 

One thing about cops is that they tend to know guns and ammo, and one might assume that the DPD assigned some of their best detectives to the Walker shooting, given his national prominence in 1963. 

But after the JFKA, the DPD sent the steel-jacketed Walker bullet, stated in police reports to be a 30.06 calibre, to the FBI.  The projectile was then transformed into a 6.5 slug from the Western Cartridge Company, and copper-jacketed.

In a more-innocent era, one might assume the DPD made a mistake, after all, mistakes happen, and bullet was mangled after passing through a wall in the Walker residence. 

But since then the profoundly dismaying history of CE 399, the “Magic Bullet,” has been revealed: the famed nearly pristine slug was almost certainly introduced into the evidentiary record within the FBI facilities in Washington. The curious “pointy head” slug found on the Parkland hospital hallway Nov. 22 has disappeared, and almost certainly had nothing to do with the JFKA anyway.  

So, with the Walker bullet one reasonable supposition is that the FBI again fabricated and switched in evidence, replacing the steel-jacketed projectile from Dallas with a copper-jacketed Winchester Cartridge 6.5 slug. 

There is much more to that evening in April 1963; for example, outside Walker’s home at least two vehicles sped from the scene in the wake of the gunfire, as seen by multiple witnesses. 

Also, a Walker neighbor’s dog, known as an active barker, was conveniently ill that evening. 

“The neighbor's dog to the east of the Walker property is a fanatical barker but on this incidence did not make a sound,” according to an April 12 DPD report. 

Concerning the dog, a neighbor told the DPD that, “Dr. Ruth Jackson, who lives next door to the General, has a dog that barks at everybody and everything. The night that this offense occurred Dr . Jackson's dog did not bark at suspects. Investigating Officers received further information…that Dr. Jackson's dog was very sick yesterday [the date of shooting] and is also sick today. Reason for this illness is unknown at this time.”

And of course, everyone’s favorite is the backyard black-and-white photo of Walker’s house, purportedly found in Oswald’s possessions, featuring the infamous two-tone 1957 Chevrolet---with its identifying license plate mysteriously cut out. 

But for the purpose of this article, the WC treatment of Walker shooting is the interesting part.

In all likelihood, whoever shot at Walker—

1. Was a lousy shot, to put it mildly 
  2. Or, intended to miss
  3. Or, had very faulty firearms 
  4. And had accomplices 

None of above surfaces in the WC treatment of the Walker shooting. 

Indeed, the version that the “window pane deflection likely saved Walker” is allowed to survive unchallenged in the WC version of events, and grew in mass media literature over the years. 

My own interpretation is that Oswald was the shooter that night, had accomplices (hence the cars racing from the scene), did not use a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle, and missed intentionally. 

In a later, more complete article I will contend the Walker escapade was part of Oswald biography-building exercise, to practice and test Oswald’s nerve for an intentionally unsuccessful assassination attempt of a prominent figure. 

Evidently, Oswald passed.

—30—

For the DPD documents, see: 

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/pdf/WH24_CE_2001.pdf

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

35 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

My own interpretation is that Oswald was the shooter that night, had accomplices (hence the cars racing from the scene), did not use a Mannlicher-Carcano rifle, and missed intentionally. 

Mr. LIEBELER. Now, have you any information of any kind that would indicate or suggest who actually took that shot at you? 
General WALKER. None

More than a year had passed, and Walker had nothing to indicate Oswald was involved.

5 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

Mr. LIEBELER. Now, have you any information of any kind that would indicate or suggest who actually took that shot at you? 
General WALKER. None

More than a year had passed, and Walker had nothing to indicate Oswald was involved.

Yes true - yet he blamed Oswald for the rest of his sorry life. 

4 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

General WALKER. None

Tony K: 

General Walker was mercurial, to put it mildly. Evidently he always believed something larger was afoot than a lone assassin, in his case or the JFKA case. 

In 1991, Walker authored this letter to the DPD, suggesting JFK knew LOH had taken a potshot at Walker, but set him free. 

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth337177/

In a strange way, Walker's knowledge of the military and government may have led him in the right direction, but down the wrong path. 

It truth, the executive branch of the US government, likely elements of or connected to military intel, put LOH up to shooting at Walker, and then set LOH up as the patsy in the JFKA.  

Walker may have still had sources in the military who related scuttlebutt to him. And the scuttlebutt was that military intel was involved in both the Walker shooting and JFKA. 

In my opinion, Walker erred in surmising that JFK had knowledge of CIA operations, especially an LOH operation of the type that was conducted in the twilight world between government and contractors. 

Side note: Walker had reason to think JFK was out to get him. RFK had Walker put into an insane asylum in 1962, for an intended 90-day observation, primarily due to Walker's extreme (and loathsome) pro-segregation viewpoints.  The ACLU and others had to intervene to get Walker out. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo/small add on

Ooh. Serendipity?

I haven't been around for a while, and was about to conduct a search on The Forum for any threads pertaining to this very subject, before risking starting one that had already been covered. Top Hole! (as no one in England says any more.)

It has always been confusing that Oswald was shown to be an OK shot with a semi automatic rifle on which he had received training, (and my experience with rifles is limited, but I always figured that semi-automatics would be easier to maintain aim than a bolt action...), but according to the Warren boys, using the manual bolt action rifle with which he'd had no formal training he was both stupendously hapless (Walker) yet made Carlos the Jackal look like a rank amateur with Kennedy.

The thing that I've never been able to get my head round is the Walker situation, because I've never been able to find a decent break down of the circumstances. The basic time table and descriptions of cars coming and going round the church are available, but I'd love to see a layout of the area, showing line of sight/distances etc. Does anyone know where such a thing may be found?

It does make some sense that if the conspirators wanted to establish an active militant Communist presence in Dallas such a move against someone with Walker's profile would help, and I don't imagine many of them would have been too upset if it had gone wrong and Walker HAD been hit.

And Benjamin, you missed a trick not stealing from Sherlock Holmes and referring to "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night" when the dog not barking led Holmes to realise that the horse thief was someone who worked at the stable... (Sorry... I digress)

7 hours ago, Tommy Tomlinson said:

Ooh. Serendipity?

I haven't been around for a while, and was about to conduct a search on The Forum for any threads pertaining to this very subject, before risking starting one that had already been covered. Top Hole! (as no one in England says any more.)

It has always been confusing that Oswald was shown to be an OK shot with a semi automatic rifle on which he had received training, (and my experience with rifles is limited, but I always figured that semi-automatics would be easier to maintain aim than a bolt action...), but according to the Warren boys, using the manual bolt action rifle with which he'd had no formal training he was both stupendously hapless (Walker) yet made Carlos the Jackal look like a rank amateur with Kennedy.

The thing that I've never been able to get my head round is the Walker situation, because I've never been able to find a decent break down of the circumstances. The basic time table and descriptions of cars coming and going round the church are available, but I'd love to see a layout of the area, showing line of sight/distances etc. Does anyone know where such a thing may be found?

It does make some sense that if the conspirators wanted to establish an active militant Communist presence in Dallas such a move against someone with Walker's profile would help, and I don't imagine many of them would have been too upset if it had gone wrong and Walker HAD been hit.

And Benjamin, you missed a trick not stealing from Sherlock Holmes and referring to "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night" when the dog not barking led Holmes to realise that the horse thief was someone who worked at the stable... (Sorry... I digress)

Tom-Tom:

Verily, I had the Sherlock Holmes story in mind, but couldn't summon it forth. Thanks for reading and the reminder.  

Yes, but in this case the dog didn't bark as it was sick...or poisoned. 

I am unaware of any overhead diagrams of the Walker house, and surroundings. The timeline is pretty well laid in police documents. 

Final chit-chat: The Walker house is actually up for sale presently, though I suspect it has been duded up over the decades. $4.4 million, and that is Dallas, where property is (usually) reasonably priced. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4011-Turtle-Creek-Blvd-Dallas-TX-75219/26693449_zpid/

13 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Tom-Tom:

Verily, I had the Sherlock Holmes story in mind, but couldn't summon it forth. Thanks for reading and the reminder.  

Yes, but in this case the dog didn't bark as it was sick...or poisoned. 

I am unaware of any overhead diagrams of the Walker house, and surroundings. The timeline is pretty well laid in police documents. 

Final chit-chat: The Walker house is actually up for sale presently, though I suspect it has been duded up over the decades. $4.4 million, and that is Dallas, where property is (usually) reasonably priced. 

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4011-Turtle-Creek-Blvd-Dallas-TX-75219/26693449_zpid/

That's awesome Ben, those images allowed me to find exactly where it is on Google Earth and I'm now building a "Project" on that platform to show the locations involved and their relative proximity to one another.

Anyone know if there are any transcripts of those documents so I can get a clearer read? I had a look and in one part it seems to say that Walker was in "The most northerly room on the lower floor" whereas another states that he was toward the back of the house at the time of the shooting.

I understand that extensions may have been built in the past 55-60 years, but the most northerly room just doesn't apply to anywhere toward the back of the house, which is all at the southern side of the building. It wouldn't be an issue, but if the most northerly room as it stands, was where he was sitting, it's literally about 10 feet from the alley. I could have hit Walker in the head with a brick from the position a sniper would have stood. The very furthest room to the rear of the house doesn't have a north facing window, (though I could well imagine that I might wall off a window if I'd been shot at through it...).

That leaves the most obvious shot being through the window to the right of the French doors. Which, if you look on the interior photos generously donated by the online estate agent, is the only room that isn't a nightmare in cream and white, where there is a little study/den set up.

I have three Border Collies. As pretty as that house looks, trying to keep it clean seems like my idea of a living hell.  

Edited by Tommy Tomlinson
Clarity and typos...

9 hours ago, Tommy Tomlinson said:

That's awesome Ben, those images allowed me to find exactly where it is on Google Earth and I'm now building a "Project" on that platform to show the locations involved and their relative proximity to one another.

Anyone know if there are any transcripts of those documents so I can get a clearer read? I had a look and in one part it seems to say that Walker was in "The most northerly room on the lower floor" whereas another states that he was toward the back of the house at the time of the shooting.

I understand that extensions may have been built in the past 55-60 years, but the most northerly room just doesn't apply to anywhere toward the back of the house, which is all at the southern side of the building. It wouldn't be an issue, but if the most northerly room as it stands, was where he was sitting, it's literally about 10 feet from the alley. I could have hit Walker in the head with a brick from the position a sniper would have stood. The very furthest room to the rear of the house doesn't have a north facing window, (though I could well imagine that I might wall off a window if I'd been shot at through it...).

That leaves the most obvious shot being through the window to the right of the French doors. Which, if you look on the interior photos generously donated by the online estate agent, is the only room that isn't a nightmare in cream and white, where there is a little study/den set up.

I have three Border Collies. As pretty as that house looks, trying to keep it clean seems like my idea of a living hell.  

Tom-Tom:

To be sure, in the intervening decades, the Walker house could have been expanded, and windows altered. Older wooden sash windows often turn to rot. 

I compared the present-day pictures of the Walker house to the famed Oswald photographs, and could determine nothing. 

I look forward to whatever you gin up. 

The only transcripts I know of the Walker shooting are the original DPD reports, and then the WC testimony of Walker. 

Add on: Walker initially thought kids had tossed a firecracker into the den where he was preparing tax forms. Walker had been in actual combat and had a long military career.  We don't know by how much the Walker shot missed, but how close could it have been?

Over the years, in increasingly fictionalized accounts, the Walker miss becomes narrower and narrower, and that only by lucky deflection. 

• 2 weeks later...

the key evidence relied on by the WC to link LHO to Walker shooting was Marina's testimony and the alleged note found in the Russian book. The timing of these developments raise serious quesitons.

November 22nd at about 3:00 o'clock, Dallas and Irving police show up at the home of Ruth Payne. Joined by two Irving policemen, they spent the next two to three hours searching Paine's home. According to detective Richard stovall who supervised the search the six officers went through the entire house (includng Marina's bedroom, Ruth paine's bedroom ,the den the kitchen and the closets). No note found.

On Nov 23, they returned and spent four hours searching the Paine garage. Stovall said they took one Russian book from marina's bedroom and John P adamak said that they found a lot of Russian language books in the garage. The FBI compiled inventory of all the items recovered at the Paine House. Despite the exhaustive two day search, the thick book of Russian housekeeping advice where Marina had supposedly secreted the incriminating note between the books chart does not appear [1] 

On November 28th, the FBI team begins a month-long interrogation of Marina (without counsel) who was staying at the Six Flags in Fort Worth under the protective custody of the Secret Service. William C Sullivan, chief of the bureau's domestic intelligence division and the official in charge of handling oswald's widow told the team to "bear down on her"[2] FBI headquarters dispatched an immigration and naturalization service agent to Fort Worth to join the FBI team . The INS agents assignment was to impress upon Marina that now her husband was dead, she was an alien without a permanent visa and could face deportation if she did not cooperate with the government. Marina had orally  made it clear to the Dallas police that she wanted to remain in the United States with her two children and did not want to be sent back to the Soviet Union. [3]

On November 30th Ruth Paine sends to Marina via the Irving County police the Russian housekeeping book among other things. The Secret Service agents examines these book.

On December 2nd,  just three days before the FBI is to send its report on the Kennedy assassination to the Justice Department, the Walker note suddenly is discovered. The note is undated and unsigned. Marina is asked to translate the note and confirms that her husband had written it and confessed to her that he was the one who had made the attempt on oswal's life.[4]

On December 3rd, the FBI office sent the Walker note to Bureau headquarters where it was examined by Sebastian Latona, the FBI's fingerprint expert. His report states  he lifted 7 latent fingerprints from the letter but none of them could be matched to either LHO or Marina Oswald.

[Staff assistant Melvin Eisenberg who handled Latona's Warren Commission testimony, never asks him about the Walker note.  Thus, It is unclear if the WC was aware that Latona was unable to lift any Oswald prints from the letter. [5] ]

On December 6th,  FBI section chief James L Hanley informed the head of the FBI Dallas office Gordon Shanklin that he could expect a memorandum. The memorandum contained the copy of the Walker note with Marina marina's account, that the FBI report would would conclude that Oswald was the sniper in the Walker case and that the Bureau expected the Dallas police to fully support the official version. It was imperative that FBI headquarters move quickly to tie up all loose ends because the Dallas police were not Privy to the conclusions in the FBI report and there were still uncertainty about whether car and the Texas court of inquiry could be trusted to stay with the official line.[6]

the Warren report failed to disclose that the FBI Ballistics experts had no more success than the Dallas police in their attempts to forensically connect Oswald with the Walker shooting. In February 1964 chief Curry told a Reporter from the Dallas times Herald that the police were ready to name Oswald as the assailant in the Walker case based not on the ballistic evidence but solely on Marina oswald's testimony period several months later. It should be noted that WC General Counsel Lee Rankin wrote Hoover a 6 page letter complaining that marina's testimony on the Walker shooting to the FBI and Secret Service gave the Commission lawyers fits because it was riddled with contradictions. The Commission requested that the Bureau undertake an extensive investigation concerning the Walker allegations. Rankin's letters spelled out in detail six areas that needed clarification and asked to direct that Marina be questioned again. Shanklin who believed that the Walker case was finally closed had to assign two agents to interview Marina all over again because quote her statements “just don't jibe”. [7]

On June 10th, the FBI informed Raiklin that it had concluded its supplemental investigation and that "our investigation did not establish whether Oswald did or did not make an attempt on General Walker's life.  However,  Rankin was not aware of an addendum to the letter written by one of the agents reflecting the FBI hitting a brick wall frustration in the Walker shooting. Lose note leaves no concluded our investigation did not establish whether Oswald did or did not make an attempt on general Walker's life. [7]

[1] Hoover to rankin (06/16/1964) oswald file 105 - 82555 - 4107.

[1] volume 7 188 – 199(stovel), 209 - 210 (adamcik); 105 - 82555 - NR (section 214). inventory item D 74 is described as “Russian book on cooking and other useful information in which was the Walker note written in Russian by Oswald .The FBI inventory of the Oswald possessions removed from both residences can be found at oswald file #105 - 82555 - NR section 214 (10/06/1964 ). Inventory D 74 is described as quote Russian book on cooking and other useful information in which was found the Walker note written in Russian by Oswald.

[2] Shanklin to file (11/20/ 1963) , 89 - 43 - 1297; HEITMAN to file (11 /30/ 1963) file number 89 - 43 - 1421.

[3] Forrest V. Sorrels  to Jesse Curry (12/26/63); ser no. 2-34-34,000. DPD Files V12.

[4] WCR 183-14; Leon I. Geopadze 12/3/63 serial #2-34.303. Secret Service document 322

[5] volume 4, 5-48. 62 -109060-2151 ( 12/5 1963). See also volume 7 , 420-437 (catigan testimony). When the house Select Committee on assassinations called on three independent document analysts to examine the Walker note, only one of the three was willing to affirm that Oswald had written it. HSCA, volume 3 225- 249.

[6] 89-43 -2613a (12/06/1963 (Shanklin to file)

[7] Shanklin to file 2/19/1964, 100 - 10461 - 3537 ; Rankln to Hoover (5/20/1964), Oswald file 105 - 82555 - 3[7?] 92; Shanklin to file 6/10/1964, 100 - 104 61 - 6620.

Thank you.  That post was very interesting and instructive.  I have never thought much of the Walker Incident.  That is in the sense that the evidence was credible.  So, I am going to attempt to summarize things for my own benefit.  

Take the Walker photo that you didn’t mention.  This is it:

general-walkers-house.jpg

Some one has manipulated the evidence.  The license plate on the vehicle has been removed.  Who did that?  Lee Harvey, Marina, Ruth Paine, the authorities, or sinister forces? No one knows, or claims ownership of the deed.  Would this be used it court?

I understand why you didn’t mention this.  What evidence is available to connect this to Oswald?  Marina’s statements.  She said Oswald told her he shot at Walker.  Supposedly, there was a photo album with more photos of Walker’s house.  She said Oswald burned it after the incident.  Can the words of Marina Oswald be trusted?

It is my belief that Marina Oswald was a triple agent.  Early records of her behavior indicate she was a Russian “Honey Pot” or prostitute agent used at first by the Soviet intelligent services.  When she met Oswald she turned into a double agent to secure her real purpose which was to come to the USA.  Marina immediately and willingly begin to cooperate with US intelligence folks.  A marriage was arranged which was wanted by both sides.  Marina said she had two husbands.  I believe that to be true.  These were Lee and Harvey Oswald of doppelganger fame. 

Here is a good example of the comparison of Lee and Marina and Harvey and Marina:

oswald-and-marina-comparisons.jpg

Even though the faces are basically the same, the hair and ears tell a different story.  Harvey, in the right hand photo, has a different hair pattern then Lee in the left hand photo.  Harvey has a strange receding hairline which he covers up with a comb over.  To see this pattern find Robert Oswald's picture of his brother home from the service and on a hunting trip in 1958.  Lee, in the left hand photo, does not have this pattern.  The photos are contemporaneous.  In comparing ears, Harvey, in the left hand photo, has a fairly unique pattern of a double bend in his upper left ear rim.  Lee lacks that.

When she was safely in the US she turned to her real interests, the protection and promotion of the Soviet Union interests as a triple agent.

Other than her statements and the photo found at the Paine’s house, what evidence connects it Oswald?  Supposedly, the Walker photo was found at the same time as the Backyard Photos.  What greater validity then to be found with the Backyard Photos?  Marina’s credibility?  She was found wanting by the Warren Commission and others over time.

There was a note also discovered in a book sent by Ruth Paine, the mysterious Quaker CIA spy, to Marina about a month after the assassination.  This note was used to incriminate Oswald.  But, when examined by the FBI it did not have the fingerprints of Oswald or Marina on it, although it had the fingerprints of 7 others on it.  The FBI found this note to be in Oswald’s handwriting.  Others refute that.  And, this note was found after several complete searches of the Paine residence.

Marina said that Oswald made several scouting raids on the Walker home.  He did this carrying his rifle.  Oswald supposedly didn’t drive.  I guess he took a bus and no one questioned his carrying a rifle in the city of Dallas.

General Walker said the bullet the authorities gave him to examine was not right.  It was not the same as the first one he examined at the time of the shooting.  Oswald’s alleged rifle was a Carcano firing a 6.5 cartridge.  Walker claimed the bullet was a 30.06 round and not a 6.5 Carcano.

Another piece of evidence come from a 14 year old boy.  14 year old boys are not generally believed when it comes to an assassination or other Kennedy matters.  I give you Allen Smith as an example.

Anyway, this 14 year old boy, Kirk Coleman, told the Dallas Police he heard a shot around 9 to 10:00 O’clock.  He ran to his window and saw two men behind the General’s house.  They put something in the trunk of a car.  Then, they drove away.  Oswald and accomplice, or Oswald by himself, or two totally different people?

Could Oswald drive?  It depends on who you talk to and which Oswald you are speaking about.

Was Oswald tied to the rifle used at General Walker’s home?  Despite Marina, many say no.  They cite that Oswald never picked up the rifle at the Post Office.  There is no proof that he did.  He never paid for the rifle due to the money order not being cashed at a bank.   

Edited by John Butler

5 hours ago, John Butler said:

Thank you.  That post was very interesting and instructive.  I have never thought much of the Walker Incident.  That is in the sense that the evidence was credible.  So, I am going to attempt to summarize things for my own benefit.  

Some one has manipulated the evidence.  The license plate on the vehicle has been removed.  Who did that?  Lee Harvey, Marina, Ruth Paine, the authorities, or sinister forces? No one knows, or claims ownership of the deed.  Would this be used it court?

I understand why you didn’t mention this.  What evidence is available to connect this to Oswald?  Marina’s statements.  She said Oswald told her he shot at Walker.  Supposedly, there was a photo album with more photos of Walker’s house.  She said Oswald burned it after the incident.  Can the words of Marina Oswald be trusted?

It is my belief that Marina Oswald was a triple agent.  Early records of her behavior indicate she was a Russian “Honey Pot” or prostitute agent used at first by the Soviet intelligent services.  When she met Oswald she turned into a double agent to secure her real purpose which was to come to the USA.  Marina immediately and willingly begin to cooperate with US intelligence folks.  A marriage was arranged which was wanted by both sides.  Marina said she had two husbands.  I believe that to be true.  These were Lee and Harvey Oswald of doppelganger fame. 

Here is a good example of the comparison of Lee and Marina and Harvey and Marina:

Even though the faces are basically the same, the hair and ears tell a different story.  Harvey, in the right hand photo, has a different hair pattern then Lee in the left hand photo.  Harvey has a strange receding hairline which he covers up with a comb over.  To see this pattern find Robert Oswald's picture of his brother home from the service and on a hunting trip in 1958.  Lee, in the left hand photo, does not have this pattern.  The photos are contemporaneous.  In comparing ears, Harvey, in the left hand photo, has a fairly unique pattern of a double bend in his upper left ear rim.  Lee lacks that.

When she was safely in the US she turned to her real interests, the protection and promotion of the Soviet Union interests as a triple agent.

Other than her statements and the photo found at the Paine’s house, what evidence connects it Oswald?  Supposedly, the Walker photo was found at the same time as the Backyard Photos.  What greater validity then to be found with the Backyard Photos?  Marina’s credibility?  She was found wanting by the Warren Commission and others over time.

There was a note also discovered in a book sent by Ruth Paine, the mysterious Quaker CIA spy, to Marina about a month after the assassination.  This note was used to incriminate Oswald.  But, when examined by the FBI it did not have the fingerprints of Oswald or Marina on it, although it had the fingerprints of 7 others on it.  The FBI found this note to be in Oswald’s handwriting.  Others refute that.  And, this note was found after several complete searches of the Paine residence.

Marina said that Oswald made several scouting raids on the Walker home.  He did this carrying his rifle.  Oswald supposedly didn’t drive.  I guess he took a bus and no one questioned his carrying a rifle in the city of Dallas.

General Walker said the bullet the authorities gave him to examine was not right.  It was not the same as the first one he examined at the time of the shooting.  Oswald’s alleged rifle was a Carcano firing a 6.5 cartridge.  Walker claimed the bullet was a 30.06 round and not a 6.5 Carcano.

Another piece of evidence come from a 14 year old boy.  14 year old boys are not generally believed when it comes to an assassination or other Kennedy matters.  I give you Allen Smith as an example.

Anyway, this 14 year old boy, Kirk Coleman, told the Dallas Police he heard a shot around 9 to 10:00 O’clock.  He ran to his window and saw two men behind the General’s house.  They put something in the trunk of a car.  Then, they drove away.  Oswald and accomplice, or Oswald by himself, or two totally different people?

Could Oswald drive?  It depends on who you talk to and which Oswald you are speaking about.

Was Oswald tied to the rifle used at General Walker’s home?  Despite Marina, many say no.  They cite that Oswald never picked up the rifle at the Post Office.  There is no proof that he did.  He never paid for the rifle due to the money order not being cashed at a bank.   

I think this was part of the framing of LHO. The story makes little sense, no matter what  Marina and DeMohrenschilt said. They simply can’t be trusted. 

10 hours ago, John Butler said:

John B.-

Thanks for your comments and posting that always-gloomy picture of the Walker house. It looks like Halloween of Friday the 13th every time.  

6 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I think this was part of the framing of LHO. The story makes little sense, no matter what  Marina and DeMohrenschilt said. They simply can’t be trusted. 

He carried the gun on a bus.  He buried the gun.  It never happened.  Marina kept him trapped in the bathroom.  It never happened.

Marina told the Secret Service at the Six Flags that she never saw a rifle in the house during the period of time that encompassed the Walker shooting. Marina also said that she never saw a pistol that Lee owned or in his possession either on him or in the house.

Edited by Tony Krome