The Education Forum

G. Gordon Liddy, Mastermind Behind Watergate Burglary, Dies at 90

What he did was let Carl speak for himself.  And then half heartedly went along with it.

I don't think he buys that now.

Carol Oglesby I think really nailed Schoffler.

Jim: You and I are talking about two different things.

When I say Liddy was the Mastermind of the Watergate burglary I am talking about the basic mechanics of the original planning and the carrying out the plan.

You apparently are talking about the intentions of Hunt and McCord as to the clandestine goals of the burglary of which it appears Liddy was unaware.. 

58 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Jim: You and I are talking about two different things.

When I say Liddy was the Mastermind of the Watergate burglary I am talking about the basic mechanics of the original planning and the carrying out the plan.

You apparently are talking about the intentions of Hunt and McCord as to the clandestine goals of the burglary of which it appears Liddy was unaware.. 

This is why we need a movie called, They Weren't All the President's Men, based on Jim Hougan's book, Secret Agenda.  🤥

59 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

This is why we need a movie called, They Weren't All the President's Men, based on Jim Hougan's book, Secret Agenda.  🤥

Yup -  we do. 

5 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

What about the allegation that John Dean sponsored the burglaries?

Doug:

Can you reply to this since Liddy has passed on?  Personally, I always thought the Bailey stuff was the weakest part of Hougan's book.  Even Liddy had problems with it. And Bailey was not the best witness.

What did you think of the Stanford book?

Jim:

I plan to cover in an article that I am writing the conversation I had with Gordon Liddy that took place a week after the arrests of the burglars on June 17, 1972.

This is relevant to the article that I am writing:

U.S. Appeals Court 1974 decision on U.S. v. Liddy

This segment also includes my article on Watergate that The Wall Street Journal published on March 24, 1998. titled “What If Judge Sirica Were With Us Today.”

Gordon LIddy was the Mastermind of the Watergate burglary. John Dean was the Mastermind of the cover-up.

Edited by Douglas Caddy