The Education Forum

Parkland Hospital "New" Photo's

R.U.

Thank you for the new Parkland Hospital photos.

I also just viewed all 230+ photos in your Gallery.

Really interesting as well. 

Thank you for posting the link.

Never been to Texas.

I really feel like I got a great "lay of the land" over-view of the entire Dallas Metropolitan area, especially from that 1960's time frame.

I'm fascinated by the development of large city areas.

You really see, understand and appreciate the great amount of architectural, engineering, urban planning and economic brain work involved. As well as the sheer will and energy to make it all come to fruition.

Yes, Seth Kantor was right there in the middle of the most dramatic scene locations wasn't he?

But the Warren Commission decided he was Jeanne Hill over-excited and out of it when it came to his testimony of bumping into and even talking to Jack Ruby at Parkland hospital the afternoon of 11,22,1963.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Possible Evalea Glanges on the left? 

Thank you, Robin. Excellent find.

BTW, could this be Judyth? https://library.uta.edu/digitalgallery/img/10000742

On 5/2/2021 at 6:02 AM, Sean Coleman said:

Possible Evalea Glanges on the left? 

Could be.  She was quite young at the time - in her mid-twenties?

In her well known decades later TMWKK documentary "through and through bullet hole" interview her hair is of course greying and she looks around 60 in age.

However in the Parkland emergency entrance photo RU posted we see some plainclothes agency men doing something with the presidential limo. 

One of them is actually sitting in the driver's seat with his legs hanging out the open door. Two others are standing on either side of the back passenger area using their hands to perhaps begin the process of preparing the limo to have it's hard top installed. The trunk is open and something like a tarp is visible.

Gangles stated that as she was examining the hole in the limo windshield she was practically leaning on the hood at which point a "security officer" jumped in the limo and backed it out away from her and she never saw it again. So, obviously her up close look at the limo must have taken place after this photo was taken.

A witness tells how she saw the hole in the limo windshield before it was taken away. Her description matches the Ford Manager ...
CC

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe Bauer said: 

"Gangles stated that as she was examining the hole in the limo windshield she was practically leaning on the hood at which point a "security officer" jumped in the limo and backed it out away from her and she never saw it again. So, obviously her up close look at the limo must have taken place after this photo was taken."

There's a little more to it than that...

http://ss100x.com/hole1.html