The Education Forum

Gordon Novel

Greg Wagner

IMO TUM is NOVEL.

Jack

I agree with you on this, Jack. I think Novel was the Umbrella Man.

Has anyone identified the young man in the photo of LHO handing out flyers in N.O.(the photo in which Chauncey Holt drew arrows indicating "Bud Belcher" and "Leroy Young")? IMO the young man resembles Gordon Novel.

Thomas

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKnovel.htm

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO TUM is NOVEL.

Jack

Hi, Jack (and everyone else on the Forum),

Regarding Novel but on a different subject, has anyone positively identified the young man (face partially obscured; in coat and tie(?) white collar visible) in the photo of LHO handing out FPCC flyers in N.O. in which Chauncey Holt has drawn arrows indicating "Bud Belcher" and "Leroy Young" and in which photo Holt claims himself to be visible on the far right hand side? IMO the young man's face/head structure and body build and hair strongly resemble that of a young Gordon Novel, especially as seen in a couple of mug shots taken a few years earlier as well as on the link below. Thanks!

Thomas

Hello again,

I finally found a good pic of the guy I'm talking about. Same event, different angle. In this picture, he's holding his right hand up in front of his face. Does anyone on this forum know whether or not he's been positively ID'd? Does anyone agree with me that he resembles Novel?

Thomas

IMO TUM is NOVEL.

Jack

Regarding Novel but on a different subject, has anyone positively identified the young man (face partially obscured; in coat and tie(?) white collar visible) in the photo of LHO handing out FPCC flyers in N.O. in which Chauncey Holt has drawn arrows indicating "Bud Belcher" and "Leroy Young" and in which photo Holt claims himself to be visible on the far right hand side? IMO the young man's face/head structure and body build and hair strongly resemble that of a young Gordon Novel, especially as seen in a couple of mug shots taken a few years earlier as well as on the link below. Thanks!

Thomas

Hello again,

I finally found a good pic of the guy I'm talking about. Same event, different angle. In this picture, he's holding his right hand up in front of his face. Does anyone on this forum know whether or not he's been positively ID'd? Does anyone agree with me that he resembles Novel?

Thomas

His face is too obscured to make an ID.

Jack

Hello again,

I finally found a good pic of the guy I'm talking about. Same event, different angle. In this picture, he's holding his right hand up in front of his face. Does anyone on this forum know whether or not he's been positively ID'd? Does anyone agree with me that he resembles Novel? (Thomas Graves)

Hi Thomas.

Could that be a cigarette the man is holding in his right hand? Novel was a pipe smoker. In all the images I have of him, none show him smoking a cigarette.

If that is not a cigarette the man in the image you posted is holding, then ignore this message. :lol:

BTW, the Leroy Young that Holt identified, does anyone know if he was any relation to Austin Young?

James

Edited by James Richards

Hello again,

I finally found a good pic of the guy I'm talking about.  Same event, different angle.  In this picture, he's holding his right hand up in front of his face.  Does anyone on this forum know whether or not he's been positively ID'd?  Does anyone agree with me that he resembles Novel? (Thomas Graves)

Hi Thomas.

Could that be a cigarette the man is holding in his right hand? Novel was a pipe smoker. In all the images I have of him, none show him smoking a cigarette.

If that is not a cigarette the man in the image you posted is holding, then ignore this message.  :lol:

BTW, the Leroy Young that Holt identified, does anyone know if he was any relation to Austin Young?

James

It could be a pen, but it looks too small. Judging by the position of his hand, it looks like it's a cigarette that's the guy had just taken a puff of and then was scratching his forehead.

It does resemble Novel, though.

• 2 years later...
Novel, circa 1967 I believe.

James

I've noticed that many of James' image attachments are no longer online. I've run into several missing images in the past week. Since James is such an important contributor of images, perhaps he should be given more storage space so that his contributions remain online.

• 2 years later...
IMO TUM is NOVEL.

Jack

Thomas

Hello again,

Thomas

Bump. I think it's Novel and, knowing that he's being filmed, he's cleverly hiding his face. The film footage shows more...

IMO TUM is NOVEL.

Jack

Thomas

Hello again,

Thomas

Bump. I think it's Novel and, knowing that he's being filmed, he's cleverly hiding his face. See post #17. The film footage shows more...

Yes, Gordon NOvel is still alive and actively involved in UFO research or whatever. He also denies any involvement on his or the CIA's part in the JFK assassination. Much earlier, in the 70's or 80's, he was claiming that Slew Montgomery and Larry Blanscet were the assassins. I've never heard of either of these men before and know nothing about them.

One of the frustrating things about JFK research is that everyone has their own team or teams of assassins in Dealey Plaza. After all, in just this thread alone how many different teams were named? Are all of them credible enough to devote research time? I'm not begrudging the effort but some of these teams are clearly impossible or at least highly suspect. Like Slew Montgomery and Larry Blanscet for instance.

Being from Chicago I'm aware of Nicoletti and Roselli and they may well have participated. It's possible although Nicoletti's book doesn't even hint at any involvement. Of course there were probably reasons why he couldn't mention his involvement, like Omerta and fear for his life, although he was killed anyway. Roselli certainly dropped hints. If you believe the Giancana's books the Chicago mob was heavily involved. Their accounts seem faricated and too short on details for me to wholeheartedly accept them. Of course they wouldn't invent anything just to sell their books.

As for Novel he claimed to have researched the JFK assassination for the CIA before the Garrison investigation so even if he didn't participate-which seems unlikely-he likely knows a great deal. The problem would be in getting him to tell the whole story and to be able to weed out the lies and fabrications. There's no doubt that he has a story to tell.

• 6 months later...

I believe the Dealey Plaza assassination teams were operational cells with a command or cutout in place; and may not have necessarily known about any other teams. This pooling of cells was under the direction of David Morales. For example, I believe the team of Herminio Diaz Garcia and Tony Cuesta came via John Roselli.

The team of Felipe Vidal Santiago and Roy Hargraves on Elm Street came via Colonel Bishop who I believe was actually John O'Hare. O'Hare and Roselli go straight back to Morales.

I just can't find a way to get Gordon Novel to Dallas. He may well have been there and operational but he doesn't seem to fit within any solid structure I am aware of. Like I said, that doesn't mean one didn't exist.

Let me stress that this of course is just my opinion.

James

I have 3 questions:

1. Who was the cut out who put together the proposed PICKET FENCE cell of Steve Wilson (shooter), Dick Whatley (spotter), and Ed Collins (radio)?

2. Who was the cut out who put together the proposed DAL TEX cell of Virgilio Gonzalez (shooter)

and Eugenio Martinez (spotter)?

3. Is this Novel in the photo below with the Umbrella Man?

If anyone can answer these, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks,

Zach

post-6350-002369600 1296072478_thumb.jpg

I am responsible for the image comparing the mug shot of Novel to the Umbrellaman. It is a very close match.

Jack

Thank you Jack! That is the best photo comparison I have seen on identifying the Umbrella Man.

Zach

Placing Gordon Novel in Dallas in 1963 via an official document hasn't entered the equation yet, but apparently he was associated

with Dallas circa 1975

see

Memorandum Gordon Novel

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=49060

Gordon Novel (104-10312-10026)

Dallas, Texas (undated)

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=48988

The latter is basically a shell of a document

Deposition of Gordon Novel

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=10082

You might want to get a cup of coffee, I believe the whole depo is some, almost 400 pages

And it is a very interesting read, at the last page the depo still appears to be ongoing, leading me to think that

it probably has a companion document......

If you are one of those who believes there are some shenanigans regarding

Witt and Novel, you probably will have reason to feel your suspicions

have some validity, from the sampling of the depo I have read

See Novel's account of his "honeymoon"...lol

http://www.maryferre...2&relPageId=384

Edited by Robert Howard