The Education Forum

Is the "Lansdale Hypothesis" of the JFK Assassination the Real Deal?

In light of the recent forum discussions about Ed Lansdale's relationship with Allen Dulles, and his "black ops" success in establishing the Magsaysay regime in the Philippines and the Diem regime in South Vietnam, should we review Col. L. Fletcher Prouty's "Lansdale Hypothesis" about the JFK assassination op in more detail?

Mr. X's theories about the JFK assassination were an important scene in Oliver Stone's JFK film, and Mr. X (Prouty) outlined them in some detail in his March 6, 1990 letter to Jim Garrison.*  Did Prouty come closer than anyone to formulating an accurate theory about the organization of the JFK assassination op (and the related psy op in which Oswald was quickly labeled as the culprit in the mainstream media) with his "Lansdale Hypothesis?"   (I'm taking the liberty of labeling the last part of Prouty's March 6, 1990 Garrison letter, "The Lansdale Hypothesis" for the sake of argument.)

* Here's a Spartacus link to Prouty's letter to Garrison letter.  (Footnote #3)

https://spartacus-educational.com/COLDlansdale.htm

"...I have heard him (Lansdale) brag about capturing random Vietnamese and putting them in a Helicopter. Then they would work on them to make them "confess" to being Viet Minh. When they would not, they would toss them out of the chopper, one after the other, until the last ones talked. This was Ed's idea of fun...as related to me many times. Then Dulles, Adm. Radford and Cardinal Spellman set up Ngo Dinh Diem. He and his brother, Nhu, became Lansdale proteges.

At about 1957 Lansdale was brought back to Washington and assigned to Air Force Headquarters in a Plans office near mine. He was a fish out of water. He didn't know Air Force people and Air Force ways. After about six months of that, Dulles got the Office of Special Operations under General Erskine to ask for Lansdale to work for the Secretary of Defense. Erskine was man enough to control him.

By 1960 Erskine had me head the Air Force shop there. He had an Army shop and a Navy shop and we were responsible for all CIA relationships as well as for the National Security Agency. Ed was still out of his element because he did not know the services; but the CIA sent work his way.

Then in the Fall of 1960 something happened that fired him up. Kennedy was elected over Nixon. Right away Lansdale figured out what he was going to do with the new President. Overnight he left for Saigon to see Diem and to set up a deal that would make him, Lansdale, Ambassador to Vietnam. He had me buy a "Father of his Country" gift for Diem...$700.00.

I can't repeat all of this but you should get a copy of the Gravel edition, 5 Vol.'s, of the Pentagon Papers and read it. The Lansdale accounts are quite good and reasonably accurate.

Ed came back just before the Inauguration and was brought into the White House for a long presentation to Kennedy about Vietnam. Kennedy was taken by it and promised he would have Lansdale back in Vietnam "in a high office". Ed told us in OSO he had the Ambassadorship sewed up. He lived for that job.

He had not reckoned with some of JFK's inner staff, George Ball, etc. Finally the whole thing turned around and month by month Lansdale's star sank over the horizon. Erskine retired and his whole shop was scattered. The Navy men went back to the navy as did the Army folks. Gen Wheeler in the JCS asked to have me assigned to the Joint Staff. This wiped out the whole Erskine (Office of Special Operations) office. It was comical. There was Lansdale up there all by himself with no office and no one else. He boiled and he blamed it on Kennedy for not giving him the "promised" Ambassadorship to let him "save" Vietnam.

Then with the failure of the Bay of Pigs, caused by that phone call to cancel the air strikes by McGeorge Bundy, the military was given the job of reconstituting some sort of Anti-Castro operation. It was headed by an Army Colonel; but somehow Lansdale (most likely CIA influence) got put into the plans for Operation Mongoose...to get Castro...ostensibly.

The Lansdale Hypothesis

The U.S. Army has a think-tank at American University. It was called "Operation Camelot". This is where the "Camelot" concept came from. It was anti-JFK's Vietnam strategy. The men running it were Lansdale types, Special Forces background. "Camelot" was King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table: not JFK...then.

Through 1962 and 1963 Mongoose and "Camelot" became strong and silent organizations dedicated to countering JFK. Mongoose had access to the CIA's best "hit men" in the business and a lot of "strike" capability. Lansdale had many old friends in the media business such as Joe Alsop, Henry Luce among others. With this background and with his poisoned motivation I am positive that he got collateral orders to manage the Dallas event under the guise of "getting" Castro. It is so simple at that level. A nod from the right place, source immaterial, and the job's done.

The "hit" is the easy part. The "escape" must be quick and professional. The cover-up and the scenario are the big jobs. They more than anything else prove the Lansdale mastery.

Lansdale was a master writer and planner. He was a great "scenario" guy. I still have a lot of his personally typed material in my files. I am certain that he was behind the elaborate plan and mostly the intricate and enduring cover-up. Given a little help from friends at PEPSICO he could easily have gotten Nixon into Dallas, for "orientation': and LBJ in the cavalcade at the same time, contrary to Secret Service policy.

He knew the "Protection" units and the "Secret Service", who was needed and who wasn't. Those were routine calls for him, and they would have believed him. Cabell could handle the police.

The "hit men" were from CIA overseas sources, for instance, from the "Camp near Athena, Greece. They are trained, stateless, and ready to go at any time. They ask no questions: speak to no one. They are simply told what to do, when and where. Then they are told how they will be removed and protected. After all, they work for the U.S. Government. The "Tramps" were actors doing the job of cover-up. The hit men are just pros. They do the job for the CIA anywhere. They are impersonal. They get paid. They get protected, and they have enough experience to "blackmail" anyone, if anyone ever turns on them...just like Drug agents. The job was clean, quick and neat. No ripples."

Edited by W. Niederhut

• W. Niederhut changed the title to Is the "Lansdale Hypothesis" of the JFK Assassination the Real Deal?
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all sounds very plausible @W. Niederhut. It had occurred to me that Prouty probably had a great deal more evidence to implicate Lansdale and others but, due to ‘National Security’ protocols and repercussions for him, he probably couldn’t say. He will likely have done his best to implicate him while treading a fine line. 

In Lisa Pease’s book on the RFK assassination, “A lie too big to fail” there is a suggestion from a CIA guy that the assassins were lured to a meet after the hit and all disposed of. I am not sure if it was Shackley or a guy by another name, the chap got drunk something after RFK was killed (someone else will remember I am sure). Do you think there was any value in keeping the assassins alive?

53 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

It all sounds very plausible @W. Niederhut. It had occurred to me that Prouty probably had a great deal more evidence to implicate Lansdale and others but, due to ‘National Security’ protocols and repercussions for him, he probably couldn’t say. He will likely have done his best to implicate him while treading a fine line. 

In Lisa Pease’s book on the RFK assassination, “A lie too big to fail” there is a suggestion from a CIA guy that the assassins were lured to a meet after the hit and all disposed of. I am not sure if it was Shackley or a guy by another name, the chap got drunk something after RFK was killed (someone else will remember I am sure). Do you think there was any value in keeping the assassins alive?

Many years ago I read a story of all the participants being blown up in a plane over the Gulf of Mexico.  Don't remember where.  Never anything more.  It doesn't make sense to me these days.

5 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Many years ago I read a story of all the participants being blown up in a plane over the Gulf of Mexico.  Don't remember where.  Never anything more.  It doesn't make sense to me these days.

It might make sense if they were told they were being extradited and taken somewhere safe. There is probably no way anyone would know a plane was missing or had even been blown up. It’s pretty efficient.  

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

In light of the recent forum discussions about Ed Lansdale's relationship with Allen Dulles, and his "black ops" success in establishing the Magsaysay regime in the Philippines and the Diem regime in South Vietnam, should we review Col. L. Fletcher Prouty's "Lansdale Hypothesis" about the JFK assassination op in more detail?

Mr. X's theories about the JFK assassination were an important scene in Oliver Stone's JFK film, and Mr. X (Prouty) outlined them in some detail in his March 6, 1990 letter to Jim Garrison.*  Did Prouty come closer than anyone to formulating an accurate theory about the organization of the JFK assassination op (and the related psy op in which Oswald was quickly labeled as the culprit in the mainstream media) with his "Lansdale Hypothesis?"   (I'm taking the liberty of labeling the last part of Prouty's March 6, 1990 Garrison letter, "The Lansdale Hypothesis" for the sake of argument.)

* Here's a Spartacus link to Prouty's letter to Garrison letter.  (Footnote #3)

https://spartacus-educational.com/COLDlansdale.htm

"...I have heard him (Lansdale) brag about capturing random Vietnamese and putting them in a Helicopter. Then they would work on them to make them "confess" to being Viet Minh. When they would not, they would toss them out of the chopper, one after the other, until the last ones talked. This was Ed's idea of fun...as related to me many times. Then Dulles, Adm. Radford and Cardinal Spellman set up Ngo Dinh Diem. He and his brother, Nhu, became Lansdale proteges.

At about 1957 Lansdale was brought back to Washington and assigned to Air Force Headquarters in a Plans office near mine. He was a fish out of water. He didn't know Air Force people and Air Force ways. After about six months of that, Dulles got the Office of Special Operations under General Erskine to ask for Lansdale to work for the Secretary of Defense. Erskine was man enough to control him.

By 1960 Erskine had me head the Air Force shop there. He had an Army shop and a Navy shop and we were responsible for all CIA relationships as well as for the National Security Agency. Ed was still out of his element because he did not know the services; but the CIA sent work his way.

Then in the Fall of 1960 something happened that fired him up. Kennedy was elected over Nixon. Right away Lansdale figured out what he was going to do with the new President. Overnight he left for Saigon to see Diem and to set up a deal that would make him, Lansdale, Ambassador to Vietnam. He had me buy a "Father of his Country" gift for Diem...$700.00.

I can't repeat all of this but you should get a copy of the Gravel edition, 5 Vol.'s, of the Pentagon Papers and read it. The Lansdale accounts are quite good and reasonably accurate.

Ed came back just before the Inauguration and was brought into the White House for a long presentation to Kennedy about Vietnam. Kennedy was taken by it and promised he would have Lansdale back in Vietnam "in a high office". Ed told us in OSO he had the Ambassadorship sewed up. He lived for that job.

He had not reckoned with some of JFK's inner staff, George Ball, etc. Finally the whole thing turned around and month by month Lansdale's star sank over the horizon. Erskine retired and his whole shop was scattered. The Navy men went back to the navy as did the Army folks. Gen Wheeler in the JCS asked to have me assigned to the Joint Staff. This wiped out the whole Erskine (Office of Special Operations) office. It was comical. There was Lansdale up there all by himself with no office and no one else. He boiled and he blamed it on Kennedy for not giving him the "promised" Ambassadorship to let him "save" Vietnam.

Then with the failure of the Bay of Pigs, caused by that phone call to cancel the air strikes by McGeorge Bundy, the military was given the job of reconstituting some sort of Anti-Castro operation. It was headed by an Army Colonel; but somehow Lansdale (most likely CIA influence) got put into the plans for Operation Mongoose...to get Castro...ostensibly.

The Lansdale Hypothesis

The U.S. Army has a think-tank at American University. It was called "Operation Camelot". This is where the "Camelot" concept came from. It was anti-JFK's Vietnam strategy. The men running it were Lansdale types, Special Forces background. "Camelot" was King Arthur and Knights of the Round Table: not JFK...then.

Through 1962 and 1963 Mongoose and "Camelot" became strong and silent organizations dedicated to countering JFK. Mongoose had access to the CIA's best "hit men" in the business and a lot of "strike" capability. Lansdale had many old friends in the media business such as Joe Alsop, Henry Luce among others. With this background and with his poisoned motivation I am positive that he got collateral orders to manage the Dallas event under the guise of "getting" Castro. It is so simple at that level. A nod from the right place, source immaterial, and the job's done.

The "hit" is the easy part. The "escape" must be quick and professional. The cover-up and the scenario are the big jobs. They more than anything else prove the Lansdale mastery.

Lansdale was a master writer and planner. He was a great "scenario" guy. I still have a lot of his personally typed material in my files. I am certain that he was behind the elaborate plan and mostly the intricate and enduring cover-up. Given a little help from friends at PEPSICO he could easily have gotten Nixon into Dallas, for "orientation': and LBJ in the cavalcade at the same time, contrary to Secret Service policy.

He knew the "Protection" units and the "Secret Service", who was needed and who wasn't. Those were routine calls for him, and they would have believed him. Cabell could handle the police.

The "hit men" were from CIA overseas sources, for instance, from the "Camp near Athena, Greece. They are trained, stateless, and ready to go at any time. They ask no questions: speak to no one. They are simply told what to do, when and where. Then they are told how they will be removed and protected. After all, they work for the U.S. Government. The "Tramps" were actors doing the job of cover-up. The hit men are just pros. They do the job for the CIA anywhere. They are impersonal. They get paid. They get protected, and they have enough experience to "blackmail" anyone, if anyone ever turns on them...just like Drug agents. The job was clean, quick and neat. No ripples."

Well....

We have John Newman who says the CIA was developing and building the LHO biography for a year before the JFKA, as part of the plan for the JFKA. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0M22fUKzk&t=3088s

Newman is surprisingly blunt in the film above (Killing Oswald, 2013).

So, not sure how Lansdale works with the CIA, from which he was separated at that point. 

Curiously, Landale appears to have been "against" the war effort in Vietnam. 

From Spartacus:

"Lansdale also argued against the overthrow of Ngo Dinh Diem. He told Robert McNamara that: "There's a constitution in place… Please don't destroy that when you're trying to change the government. Remember there's a vice president (Nguyen Ngoc Tho) who's been elected and is now holding office. If anything happens to the president, he should replace him. Try to keep something sustained."

It was these views that got him removed from office. The pressure to remove Lansdale came from General Curtis LeMay and General Victor Krulak and other senior members of the military. As a result it was decided to abolish his post as assistant to the secretary of defence. He was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal for counter-insurgency work and became consultant to the the Food for Peace programme.

Lansdale continued to argue against Lyndon Johnson's decision to try and use military power to win the Vietnam War. When General William Westmoreland argued that: "We're going to out-guerrilla the guerrilla and out-ambush the ambush… because we're smarter, we have greater mobility and fire-power, we have more endurance and more to fight for… And we've got more guts." Lansdale replied: "All actions in the war should be devised to attract and then make firm the allegiance of the people." He added "we label our fight as helping the Vietnamese maintain their freedom" but when "we bomb their villages, with horrendous collateral damage in terms of both civilian property and lives… it might well provoke a man of good will to ask, just what freedom of what Vietnamese are we helping to maintain?"

Lansdale quoted Robert Taber (The War of the Flea😞 "There is only one means of defeating an insurgent people who will not surrender, and that is extermination. There is only one way to control a territory that harbours resistance, and that is to turn it into a desert. Where these means cannot, for whatever reason, be used, the war is lost." Lansdale thought this was the situation in Vietnam and wrote to a friend that if the solution was to "kill every last person in the enemy ranks" then he was "not only morally opposed" to this strategy but knew it was "humanly impossible".

Lansdale added "No idea can be bombed or beaten to death. Military action alone is never enough." He pointed out that since 1945 the Vietminh had been willing to fight against the strength of both France and the United States in order to ensure success of their own. "Without a better idea, rebels will eventually win, for ideas are defeated only by better ideas."

5 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well....

We have John Newman who says the CIA was developing and building the LHO biography for a year before the JFKA, as part of the plan for the JFKA. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0M22fUKzk&t=3088s

Newman is surprisingly blunt in the film above (Killing Oswald, 2013).

So, not sure how Lansdale works with the CIA, from which he was separated at that point. 

Curiously, Landale appears to have been "against" the war effort in Vietnam. 

From Spartacus:

"Lansdale also argued against the overthrow of Ngo Dinh Diem. He told Robert McNamara that: "There's a constitution in place… Please don't destroy that when you're trying to change the government. Remember there's a vice president (Nguyen Ngoc Tho) who's been elected and is now holding office. If anything happens to the president, he should replace him. Try to keep something sustained."

It was these views that got him removed from office. The pressure to remove Lansdale came from General Curtis LeMay and General Victor Krulak and other senior members of the military. As a result it was decided to abolish his post as assistant to the secretary of defence. He was awarded the Distinguished Service Medal for counter-insurgency work and became consultant to the the Food for Peace programme.

Lansdale continued to argue against Lyndon Johnson's decision to try and use military power to win the Vietnam War. When General William Westmoreland argued that: "We're going to out-guerrilla the guerrilla and out-ambush the ambush… because we're smarter, we have greater mobility and fire-power, we have more endurance and more to fight for… And we've got more guts." Lansdale replied: "All actions in the war should be devised to attract and then make firm the allegiance of the people." He added "we label our fight as helping the Vietnamese maintain their freedom" but when "we bomb their villages, with horrendous collateral damage in terms of both civilian property and lives… it might well provoke a man of good will to ask, just what freedom of what Vietnamese are we helping to maintain?"

Lansdale quoted Robert Taber (The War of the Flea😞 "There is only one means of defeating an insurgent people who will not surrender, and that is extermination. There is only one way to control a territory that harbours resistance, and that is to turn it into a desert. Where these means cannot, for whatever reason, be used, the war is lost." Lansdale thought this was the situation in Vietnam and wrote to a friend that if the solution was to "kill every last person in the enemy ranks" then he was "not only morally opposed" to this strategy but knew it was "humanly impossible".

Lansdale added "No idea can be bombed or beaten to death. Military action alone is never enough." He pointed out that since 1945 the Vietminh had been willing to fight against the strength of both France and the United States in order to ensure success of their own. "Without a better idea, rebels will eventually win, for ideas are defeated only by better ideas."

I have heard Prouty make the case that some generals and military high-brass would appear as Army, Air Force or Navy but, the salary would be paid by the CIA. If Lansdale was paid by the CIA, he always would be CIA, regardless if he appears to be doing anything else, they are paying the wages. 

it’s always difficult to judge as what is said in one moment may change a moment later. I have listened to Lansdale being interviewed after retirement and I did wonder how much was being said for posterity. 

It’s interesting hearing him talk on Vietnam:

Because Lansdale appears to be retired, does that make him less of a suspect? Wasn’t he in Texas at the time? How was the alibi verified?! As you can probably tell, I am pro Prouty and find him credible but, perhaps my faith is misplaced. 

33 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

I have heard Prouty make the case that some generals and military high-brass would appear as Army, Air Force or Navy but, the salary would be paid by the CIA. If Lansdale was paid by the CIA, he always would be CIA, regardless if he appears to be doing anything else, they are paying the wages. 

it’s always difficult to judge as what is said in one moment may change a moment later. I have listened to Lansdale being interviewed after retirement and I did wonder how much was being said for posterity. 

It’s interesting hearing him talk on Vietnam:

Because Lansdale appears to be retired, does that make him less of a suspect? Wasn’t he in Texas at the time? How was the alibi verified?! As you can probably tell, I am pro Prouty and find him credible but, perhaps my faith is misplaced. 

Well, John Newman says he is working on it. It really seems LHO was a CIA asset. I guess you could posit the CIA brought in the muscle from the military side. Seems dangerous to do...chances of a leak. 

I think anyone in CIA planning the assassination of the US President would operate with but a very tight handful of men, not invite bunches of dudes from the military.  But, as I said, I think the CIA planned a false-flag fake JFKA, and even that was a very tight operation, with two or three in the need-to-know circle. 

23 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, John Newman says he is working on it. It really seems LHO was a CIA asset. I guess you could posit the CIA brought in the muscle from the military side. Seems dangerous to do...chances of a leak. 

I think anyone in CIA planning the assassination of the US President would operate with but a very tight handful of men, not invite bunches of dudes from the military.  But, as I said, I think the CIA planned a false-flag fake JFKA, and even that was a very tight operation, with two or three in the need-to-know circle. 

I think that’s the beauty of what you have suggested and the potential cover of other such false flag events is that you turn around and say it was a security drill or something similar if such a plot becomes known by the public. 

9/11 & 7/7 both have anti terror drills running at the same time as real terror attacks. Startling coincidences perhaps. 

With Lansdale, and the JFKA, you need a logistical planner, we perhaps think of Angleton or Dulles but, it can be the newly retired Lansdale. It might do to think of him as CIA instead of military first and foremost, Prouty described it that way. No way for us to tell I guess. Some think it’s Phillips. 

Do you think there is any merit in the lost that E. Howard Hunt left, or was that just muddying the waters? 

BTW, I am not here to say Lansdale was a nice guy. Only that he wanted to pursue the Vietnam War in a much more low-key manner. But the guy would authorize assassinations, and pushing human beings out of helicopters. 

My view is the US should have never gotten involved in any way in Vietnam. 

8 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

BTW, I am not here to say Lansdale was a nice guy. Only that he wanted to pursue the Vietnam War in a much more low-key manner. But the guy would authorize assassinations, and pushing human beings out of helicopters. 

My view is the US should have never gotten involved in any way in Vietnam. 

Yes, I understand and agree, just because he commits war crimes it doesn’t mean he was implicated in the JFKA but, it does set the scene with his character. I always think about how much of a step it was planning and killing foreign leaders to doing it to your own president. If the culture was in the CIA to hate the Kennedy’s, over the BOP and other things, it would have been very easy to find those willing participants and people who could keep their trap shut. You could possibly argue that it would be easy to find those same die hard patriot sorts of people at Fort Benning. 

Yep, they never should have been in Vietnam. JFK was right, he saw the French debacle and forecasted the disaster. For those profiting from war, the longer it went on the better, it was excellent for them that it was unwinable. 

51 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

I think that’s the beauty of what you have suggested and the potential cover of other such false flag events is that you turn around and say it was a security drill or something similar if such a plot becomes known by the public. 

9/11 & 7/7 both have anti terror drills running at the same time as real terror attacks. Startling coincidences perhaps. 

With Lansdale, and the JFKA, you need a logistical planner, we perhaps think of Angleton or Dulles but, it can be the newly retired Lansdale. It might do to think of him as CIA instead of military first and foremost, Prouty described it that way. No way for us to tell I guess. Some think it’s Phillips. 

Do you think there is any merit in the lost that E. Howard Hunt left, or was that just muddying the waters? 

Yeah, E. Howard Hunt. That guy told William Buckley that he (Hunt) would have murdered columnist Jack Anderson if the order had come down from the Nixon White House.  Murder a newspaperman? Not even a spy? 

I surmise there is a lot of sick braggadocio around the JFKA, with creeps-R-us saying they had a hand in it. Who knows? 

Chris B. - I think DAP was in Dallas the day of the Big Event (based on a comment attributed to DAP's brother).  His friend,McLendon, owned a radio station in Dallas.  Ruby visited that station around the time of the Big Event.  So, yes, I believe DAP was in charge of the logistics of the Big Event.

And, it does not surprise me that LeMay and Krulak had Landsdale removed because of Landsdale's position on Vietnam.  I believe they had JFK removed because of his (JFK's)  postion on Vietnam.

And, I believe LeMay and Krulak helped develop the Domino theory (if we don't stop communism in Vietnam, it will spread to the rest of Asia).  It did not surprise me when LeMay decided to run as the Vice Presidential candidate with George Wallace as the Presidential candidate.  

18 minutes ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

Chris B. - I think DAP was in Dallas the day of the Big Event (based on a comment attributed to DAP's brother).  His friend,McLendon, owned a radio station in Dallas.  Ruby visited that station around the time of the Big Event.  So, yes, I believe DAP was in charge of the logistics of the Big Event.

And, it does not surprise me that LeMay and Krulak had Landsdale removed because of Landsdale's position on Vietnam.  I believe they had JFK removed because of his (JFK's)  postion on Vietnam.

And, I believe LeMay and Krulak helped develop the Domino theory (if we don't stop communism in Vietnam, it will spread to the rest of Asia).  It did not surprise me when LeMay decided to run as the Vice Presidential candidate with George Wallace as the Presidential candidate.  

Hey Chuck, you make a logical case. I couple of things though, I am sure I read Lansdale was in Texas on the day (I know it’s a huge place) and Prouty sounded pretty adamant that the gnarled hand image by the tramps was Lansdale. He stated Krulak agreed but, then I think Krulak didn’t corroborate that. If I had to ID a work colleague that I saw daily from the back by their posture, I probably could in many cases. I know this one has been done to death on this forum and it is a pretty even split. 

If you were Wallace i’d think the last person you’d want as VP would be LeMay, he makes LBJ seem alright. I did read something the other day about that shooting, am I right in saying Wallace would have damaged Nixon’s chances in 72 as he’d have taken some of the southern states? 

Cheers

Chris

Chris B., there are some who say it was Landsdale who was escorting the 3 tramps out of Dealy Plaza.  But, DAP was an active CIA Officer at the time of the big event. He could communicate upwards within the CIA and with  Earle Cabell , the Mayor of Dallas, at the time of the Big Event. Earle , it now appears was a CIA Asset and his brother, Charles worked 9 yrs. for Dulles in the CIA.  Both Charles Cabell and Alan Dulles were fired by JFK over the BOP. Earle, as the mayor of Dallas, controlled the DPD.  In other words, Landsdale was not as wired into the inner workings of the CIA as was DAP. But, Landsdale could have played a role in the Big Event.

Wallace did win 5 or 6 southern states - so he did hurt Nixon.  But , McGovern only won 1 state . So, Nixon won in a landslide in 1972.

16 minutes ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

Chris B., there are some who say it was Landsdale who was escorting the 3 tramps out of Dealy Plaza.  But, DAP was an active CIA Officer at the time of the big event. He could communicate upwards within the CIA and with  Earle Cabell , the Mayor of Dallas, at the time of the Big Event. Earle , it now appears was a CIA Asset and his brother, Charles worked 9 yrs. for Dulles in the CIA.  Both Charles Cabell and Alan Dulles were fired by JFK over the BOP. Earle, as the mayor of Dallas, controlled the DPD.  In other words, Landsdale was not as wired into the inner workings of the CIA as was DAP. But, Landsdale could have played a role in the Big Event.

Wallace did win 5 or 6 southern states - so he did hurt Nixon.  But , McGovern only won 1 state . So, Nixon won in a landslide in 1972.

Thanks Chuck. I have always wondered if you cross referenced diaries and alibi’s with the dates of the Chicago & Miami alleged plots, if there is an incriminating pattern? DAP, Lansdale, Hunt, Sturgis and so on. What were the cubans doing too?! Was Dulles at the Farm on all occasions?! It’s interesting, someone must have had a go. 

Edited by Chris Barnard