The Education Forum

JFK Assassination Film GIFS

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Jackie's white glove "hand flip" over Kennedy's head in Nix is a good sync point for the Zapruder film

Zapruder Jackie white glove.gif

Lets hope S.S. Agent Greer relived his view of the frontal headshot impact every time his head hit the pillow and he closed his eyes. Unremorseful xxxxx. No wonder he tried so hard to control the evidence at Parkland and Bethesda personally. 

16 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

Nix GIF

Robin,

As usual, we owe you a debt of thanks for your work with these images. They clearly show what an alarming number of posters on this forum seem incapable of understanding: the photo record in Dealey Plaza is completely, internally consistent, which proves widespread forgery and alteration simply never happened.

36 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Robin,

As usual, we owe you a debt of thanks for your work with these images. They clearly show what an alarming number of posters on this forum seem incapable of understanding: the photo record in Dealey Plaza is completely, internally consistent, which proves widespread forgery and alteration simply never happened.

Thanks.

I have been working with these images now for over 20-years

When you cross reference films like Zapruder and Nix they sync perfectly, no alteration, no great Gov conspiracy

2 hours ago, Robin Unger said:

When you cross reference films like Zapruder and Nix they sync perfectly, no alteration, no great Gov conspiracy

Indeed Robin, I came to the same conclusion when I finished my animated reconstruction.  There are many odd aspects to this case that I can't explain or understand, but the visual record is one of the few areas of consistency.

2 hours ago, Mark Tyler said:

Indeed Robin, I came to the same conclusion when I finished my animated reconstruction.  There are many odd aspects to this case that I can't explain or understand, but the visual record is one of the few areas of consistency.

Thanks

yes we agree regarding consistency

@Robin Unger @Jonathan Cohen @Mark Tyler

Alright guys, just read your comments and wanted to check some things. 

- You guys think the Z-Film is absolutely kosher? 
- As a result do you think the FBI chap (forget his name) who talked about his original viewing of theZ-Film was mistaken or attention seeking by saying he saw something different? 

I’ve seen others on here go to great lengths to prove the Z-Film was altered, each camp seems equally convinced. There is at least one thing that I believe was altered and it’s the blood spray we see in the remastered colour GIF here but, in the original it would be some dark marks and some blurring. I do a bit of video editing myself and have a crude understanding of the rudimentary techniques that could be used back then in the early 60’s. The way those dark marks appear / blood spray / blurring is not consistent with a shot from the TSB vs the angle of JFK’s head at the point of impact, they are also not consistent with a shot from the Grass Knoll visually IMHO. They are not consistent with the huge piece of JFK’s brain that is missing, or Hargis getting coated in brain matter or the large piece of skull found in the grass. I appreciate we don’t have a few hundred human beings to test the same thing on for a conclusive analysis but, it just doesn’t fit and its the easiest thing to edit whilst keeping continuity with the Z-Film and others. There is another matter which is the blowback of JFK’s head, which isn’t consistent with what we are told.  

Can you see what I am getting at? 

These frames were shared with a small

circle of researchers by Craig Lamson

from memory they are second generation Zapruder frames, all of the frames were never released only these selected few.

look at the z-313 crop it clearly shows the blood spray cloud and the 2-blood streams projecting forward from the top of the head.

(Click on the image to view full size)

qdOf4EX_-_Imgur.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Chris Barnard writes:

There is at least one thing that I believe was altered and it’s the blood spray we see in the remastered colour GIF here but, in the original it would be some dark marks and some blurring. ... The way those dark marks appear / blood spray / blurring is not consistent with a shot from the TSB vs the angle of JFK’s head at the point of impact, they are also not consistent with a shot from the Grass Knoll visually IMHO. They are not consistent with the huge piece of JFK’s brain that is missing, or Hargis getting coated in brain matter or the large piece of skull found in the grass.

It's good to see a Zapruder film doubter arguing sensibly and rationally!

I suspect the reason for this apparent anomaly might simply be that not everything gets recorded on a home movie film.

Zapruder's Bell and Howell camera filmed at an average rate of 18.3 frames per second (though this varied a bit due to the varying strength of the winding mechanism). To record everything that happened, the shutter speed would need to have been no faster than approximately 1/18 of a second. But the shutter speed was quite a bit faster than this: approximately 1/40 of a second.

During the period when each frame of film was in position to receive an image, the shutter would have been open for just under half the available time, and closed just over half the time (18 times one-fortieth is the same as 18 divided by 40, which equals 0.45).

If you're filming a car moving along a road, nothing important will be lost. But a piece of skull flying very quickly out of someone's head might well occur during one of the fractions of a second when the shutter was not open. It's quite possible that a very brief incident like this would not have been recorded. Another apparent anomaly turns out to have a common-sense explanation!

Technical information about the camera and film can be found in Roland Zavada's report for the Assassination Records Review Board:

http://www.kenrahn.com/Marsh/Zavada/zreport.htm

For information about the camera's shutter speed, follow the link to Study 4, part 2 (PDF, 500kB).

Edited by Jeremy Bojczuk
Removed a redundant word

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Bojczuk said:

Chris Barnard writes:

It's good to see a Zapruder film doubter arguing sensibly and rationally!

I suspect the reason for this apparent anomaly might simply be that not everything gets recorded on a home movie film.

Zapruder's Bell and Howell camera filmed at an average rate of 18.3 frames per second (though this varied a bit due to the varying strength of the mechanical winding mechanism). To record everything that happened, the shutter speed would need to have been no faster than approximately 1/18 of a second. But the shutter speed was quite a bit faster than this: approximately 1/40 of a second.

During the period when each frame of film was in position to receive an image, the shutter would have been open for just under half the available time, and closed just over half the time (18 times one-fortieth is the same as 18 divided by 40, which equals 0.45).

If you're filming a car moving along a road, nothing important will be lost. But a piece of skull flying very quickly out of someone's head might well occur during one of the fractions of a second when the shutter was not open. It's quite possible that a very brief incident like this would not have been recorded. Another apparent anomaly turns out to have a common-sense explanation!

Technical information about the camera and film can be found in Roland Zavada's report for the Assassination Records Review Board:

http://www.kenrahn.com/Marsh/Zavada/zreport.htm

For information about the camera's shutter speed, follow the link to Study 4, part 2 (PDF, 500kB).

Thanks Jeremy, I am always trying to be logical, I have done all the water droplet type photography (digitall) and I did wonder if it wasn’t captured at all, given the speed. In fact before ever watching the Z-Film all I expected to see was a head recoiling. 

How do you feel about the explosion of blood (blurry mist) and the directions of it? Its very difficult to view the video without the autopsy/parkland information in mind. 

Given the slow speed of the car and motorcycles almost hitting the bumper at this point (having to brake)+ wind direction and speeds -  I don’t think Hargis should get coated in brain matter. 

There certainly are lots of questions. As you can see on the other thread thats up at the moment about the release timing and decision to do so, its all very interesting. 

PS the head movement is the key indicator that made me think something isn’t right. I’ve shot live and inanimate things. That’s what indicates front to me at least. 

Then, of course, there's the idea suggested by Doug Horne and others, that the Z film was recorded at 48 fps and edited down to closer to 16 fps like the other cameras.  I wonder how much the Z film would have captured that the other films didn't.  After editing, wouldn't all films still sync with each other?

16 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Alright guys, just read your comments and wanted to check some things. 

- You guys think the Z-Film is absolutely kosher? 

I don't think anyone has proven it to be fake, and the content of the Z-film looks consistent with the other photos and films.  Given that certain frames were published within days of the assassination by Life magazine, I can't see how there was time for any sophisticated faking.  Some other photos and films were broadcast within hours of the assassination so they cannot have been tampered with at all (such as the Wiegman film, and the Altgens photos).

The only faking or touching up I have seen proven relates to the shoe photo in the limo as it sped to the hospital, or the faked image of Oswald in the sixth floor window:

- As a result do you think the FBI chap (forget his name) who talked about his original viewing of theZ-Film was mistaken or attention seeking by saying he saw something different? 

Is Dino Brugioni is the guy you may be thinking of?:

I don't see anything too troubling about his recollections from nearly 50 years before, especially considering memories will inevitably get hazy over that period of time.  I'm a great believer in using corroborated witness statements and interviews from 1963/4, but after 50 years I doubt a witness can help when memories are so unreliable.

I’ve seen others on here go to great lengths to prove the Z-Film was altered, each camp seems equally convinced. There is at least one thing that I believe was altered and it’s the blood spray we see in the remastered colour GIF here but, in the original it would be some dark marks and some blurring. I do a bit of video editing myself and have a crude understanding of the rudimentary techniques that could be used back then in the early 60’s. The way those dark marks appear / blood spray / blurring is not consistent with a shot from the TSB vs the angle of JFK’s head at the point of impact, they are also not consistent with a shot from the Grass Knoll visually IMHO. They are not consistent with the huge piece of JFK’s brain that is missing, or Hargis getting coated in brain matter or the large piece of skull found in the grass. I appreciate we don’t have a few hundred human beings to test the same thing on for a conclusive analysis but, it just doesn’t fit and its the easiest thing to edit whilst keeping continuity with the Z-Film and others.

The explosion in the limo was huge and distributed debris in various directions (including upwards), and I suspect Hargis simply rode into a large part of that debris whereas the bikes on the other side didn't.  The wind must have had an effect as it was gusting at that point as per the coats of Mary Moorman and Jean Hill:

20150407-073457.jpg

An event such as this is a complete one off and the results are dependent on so many variables like wind direction, exact bullet entry point, head orientation, JFK's physiology, etc it's probably impossible to analyse or model accurately what exactly happened.

There is another matter which is the blowback of JFK’s head, which isn’t consistent with what we are told.

The sudden rearward motion of JFK's head is very hard to explain with certainty.  Sadly Z313 and Z314 are too blurry to measure exactly where the head is, but the rearward motion doesn't seem to start until Z315-Z316.  This timing is important because it suggests that the rearward motion has nothing to do with a "jet effect" or the bullet itself, otherwise it should have happened at Z313-Z314.  This delay of 2-3 frames could be consistent with a neuromuscular reaction as mentioned by the HSCA (volume 7, page 174):

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol7/html/HSCA_Vol7_0092b.htm

Can you see what I am getting at? 

Sure, I think you are asking reasonable questions.  Verifying evidence and understanding each stage in an investigation is rather important in this case.  In the first week of the investigation back in 1963 the FBI had a very different view of the shot sequence in Dealey Plaza as this telephone call between J Edgar Hoover and Lyndon Johnson shows (8:10 in the video):

Very few researchers think that this shot sequence is now correct, and crucially the Z-film doesn't support what Hoover is saying so clearly it makes no sense to say the Z-film had been faked by that point a week after the shooting.