The Education Forum

Jim DiEugenio vs Fred Litwin

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Indeed.  I was merely pointing out that heroin withdrawal would not have caused Rose Cheramie to hallucinate conversations about an impending hit on President Kennedy.

To put it unfortunately crudely and bluntly, Rose was a junkie but not nuts?  Heroin is not known for giving psychic powers to predict the future is it?

Which helps give her pre assassination statements credence? 

Edited by Ron Bulman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Indeed.  I was merely pointing out that heroin withdrawal would not have caused Rose Cheramie to hallucinate conversations about an impending hit on President Kennedy.

Rose was a drug trafficker. In fact it is obvious that drug traffickers and Anti-Castro Cubans were involved in the death of the president

20 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

I just received and read the updated edition of Michael Marcades's book, the son. With utmost compassion for Dr. Marcades's story of his quest to recover and tell his mother's story, the book itself was a disappointment in being in the genre of ghost-written creative nonfiction--written like a novel.

Received my copy today and do not like faction. Hopefully it will not be too difficult to separate fact from fiction in this book.

I already did so in my review.

But his appendixes have the most complete indexing of the material on Cherami that I have ever seen.    And he includes documents which I had not seen either. 

I don't even think Garrison knew the case he had against Sergio Arcacha Smith.

The Rose Cheramie narrative is compelling, and appears to hold water. 

This does raise an interesting point.

The horrid little men transporting and dumping Rose Cheramie do not seem part of a sophisticated high-end JFKA operation. They were loose-lipped, vulgar, running dope and took huge chances.

Maybe doped up themselves. Bragged about the pending JFKA and then tossed a witness on the roadside. This is not James Bond, unless they are purely decoys. 

Sergio Arcacha Smith fits more with low-end rogue CIA elements doing the hit, somehow married to or piggy-backed onto the high-end CIA LHO biography build. 

This is largely my scenario of what happened. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

36 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

It seems that Cherami was once charged with providing false information to Police (hat tip to Steve Roe for finding the info):

An Important New Find Regarding Rose Cherami (onthetrailofdelusion.com)

BTW, Fred Litwin promises additional tidbits regarding Cherami at his blog.

Thanks Tracy,

How anyone can believe what Melba Marcades said, is beyond me. So far I've tracked her criminal activities back to the 40's, and still finding them as we speak. 

It's a sad story, and I think her son was right about not being right in the head. It only compounded when she got into the bottle and narcotics.

She grew up in Dallas, so that's probably why she made up the looney Kennedy Assassination story. 

While I can't corroborate her remarks about at threat to JFK in Dallas its certainly true there was gossip floating in certain circles about people wanting him dead, that included within criminal circles.  And as noted, Rose had a long time connection to the low levels of those circles along the Gulf Coast.

However aside from that,  the Louisiana Patrol did take her remarks on drug shipments seriously and their inquiry corroborated virtually everything about the drug shipment she described coming into Texas, that is documented and I discuss it in SWHT. The problem there was the stake out was blown and everybody backed away from it as a consequence.

Everyone who has the 2010 version already has that so I'll leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Steve Roe said:

Thanks Tracy,

How anyone can believe what Melba Marcades said, is beyond me. So far I've tracked her criminal activities back to the 40's, and still finding them as we speak. 

It's a sad story, and I think her son was right about not being right in the head. It only compounded when she got into the bottle and narcotics.

She grew up in Dallas, so that's probably why she made up the looney Kennedy Assassination story. 

Steve, did you even look into Rose's story before concluding your solution?

16 hours ago, Calvin Ye said:

Steve, did you even look into Rose's story before concluding your solution?

Of course I've researched her story and life, and it's still ongoing project uncovering new facts surrounding her tragic life.

Not many people know she was raised in Dallas, I have documentation bearing that out. 

This is an old urban legend, that took grew roots, especially in the fact-flawed "JFK" movie. 

If you want another view of this Rose Chermie (or Chermi) story, read Fred Litwin's daily blog. 

Here's today's report. Did Dr. Wayne Owens hear Rose Cherami predict the JFK assassination? (onthetrailofdelusion.com)

Oh please, will you Steve.

You are about as good on this as you were on Martinsburg.

The HSCA wrote about it.  Fruge told other people what she said before the assassination.  Jim Olivier worked on that story since he was a radio host in that area and he appeared at a couple of JFK Lancer seminars.  Todd Elliott did the same in his pamphlet, "A Rose by Many Other Names."  The story was so hot, that Dr. VIctor Weiss disguised his role in it. 

Jim Olivier also brought the woman attendant who accompanied Fruge when he was transporting Chermie and she confirmed his remarks about her remarks, her language,  and her trauma. 

Whatever had triggered it, there is no doubt that she had heard something that related to JFK being at risk, that gossip might have come in the car on the way back from Florida or it may have come out of the club where she worked in Dallas...the guy she worked for on the drug runs there was confirmed as part of her overall drug transport story.

The thing is Olivier was actually there in the area.

He actually tracked down the story.  Therefore, he had credibility.  He was not going by assumptions.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Oh please, will you Steve.

You are about as good on this as you were on Martinsburg.

The HSCA wrote about it.  Fruge told other people what she said before the assassination.  Jim Olivier worked on that story since he was a radio host in that area and he appeared at a couple of JFK Lancer seminars.  Todd Elliott did the same in his pamphlet, "A Rose by Many Other Names."  The story was so hot, that Dr. VIctor Weiss disguised his role in it. 

Of course the HSCA wrote about it. What were their conclusions Mr. DiEugenio? 

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol10/pdf/HSCA_Vol10_RoseCheramie.pdf

And you believe it? Oswald and Ruby knew each other?

Cheramie danced for Jack Ruby? 

Really?

I thought you had me on "ignore"? What's that all about?