The Education Forum

Castro, Cuba, and Operation Northwoods

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/fidel-castro-s-first-speech-on-the-jfk-assassination-11-23-1963

After reading this article I began to wonder if, after JFK rejected Operation Northwoods, the authors of that insanity decided to assassinate JFK and use the event as the fuse that would lead to the invasion of Cuba and perhaps a nuclear war with the USSR.

I've read that JCS at the time believed that a nuclear war was "winnable". 

20 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

After reading this article I began to wonder if, after JFK rejected Operation Northwoods, the authors of that insanity decided to assassinate JFK and use the event as the fuse that would lead to the invasion of Cuba and perhaps a nuclear war with the USSR.

Northwoods may have been the impetus for the rumored false flag assassination team that only intended to near-miss or wound people in the limo.  That plan would have been co-opted by additional shooters, just as a defense exercise could be escalated into an invasion.

Who's to say the 1962 proposal to run a CINCLANT exercise to disrupt the Cuban sugar harvest wasn't maneuverable into a provocation-response-invasion scenario?

In 1983, the Soviets were terrified that Reagan was going to launch missile strikes under cover of the week-long Able Archer military exercise.  Wonder where they got that idea about us?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Able_Archer_83

@22:55 in this video discussing Able Archer 1983, a retired FBI agent: “The way military works, you have an exercise and it turns into a real attack.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VdJi6Apepo

Edited by David Andrews

9 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Northwoods may have been the impetus for the rumored false flag assassination team that only intended to near-miss or wound people in the limo. 

With the hatred that Lemnitzer and his fellow Chiefs seemingly had for JFK I wonder if it wasn't a case of "two birds, one stone".

8 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Northwoods may have been the impetus for the rumored false flag assassination team that only intended to near-miss or wound people in the limo. 

That would be the beauty of it, a whole bunch of people performing a false flag operation behind the AG and Presidents back. It goes wrong and nobody can talk about it or explain what they were actually doing.

The later events of 9/11 and 7/7 both had terror drills going on at the same time as actual terror attacks. One one hand if a plot is foiled or exposed, you have deniability. On the other hand honest people in the forces/police don’t know what is real or what is a simulation. 

It’s hard to say who knew what in the JFKA case. Anything can be classified as “national security” (USA) or the “official secrets act” (UK). Justification is you were deceiving the public to create a ‘cassus belli’ for an invasion of Cuba and that can’t become public. 

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Northwoods may have been the impetus for the rumored false flag assassination team that only intended to near-miss or wound people in the limo.  That plan would have been co-opted by additional shooters, just as a defense exercise could be escalated into an invasion.

Who's to say the 1962 proposal to run a CINCLANT exercise to disrupt the Cuban sugar harvest wasn't maneuverable into a provocation-response-invasion scenario?

In 1983, the Soviets were terrified that Reagan was going to launch missile strikes under cover of the Able Archer military exercise.  Wonder where they got that idea about us?

@22:55 in this video discussing Able Archer 1983, a retired FBI agent: “The way military works, you have an exercise and it turns into a real attack.”

"Northwoods may have been the impetus for the rumored false flag assassination team that only intended to near-miss or wound people in the limo.  That plan would have been co-opted by additional shooters, just as a defense exercise could be escalated into an invasion."---David A.

Yeah, that's roughly my view of the JFKA. 

14 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/fidel-castro-s-first-speech-on-the-jfk-assassination-11-23-1963

I've read that JCS at the time believed that a nuclear war was "winnable". 

Robert B.--

Something close to that is my take. 

I think the CIA (David Atlee Phillips) planned a fake false-flag JFKA. Shoot at JFK, miss, and blame Castro-ites. This would trigger a regime change operation in Cuba.

But CIA-Cuban assets learned about the plan and then piggybacked on the operation, and played for real. 

This explains the sophisticated long-term CIA biography-build on LHO, but also why you have lesser lights like Sergio Arcacha-Smith and Rose Cheramie heading to Dallas. 

This also explains why the CIA was at great pains to cover everything up (to put it mildly). I surmise CIA higher-ups had to give the semaphore to mob-connections to ice LHO. 

Who would hire Ruby, you say? 

The CIA does not have infinite resources. They needed someone who could penetrate the DPD, yet had no identifiable ties to the CIA. How many people are floating around like that? And Ruby had run guns to Cuba before. 

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Robert B.--

Something close to that is my take. 

I think the CIA (David Atlee Phillips) planned a fake false-flag JFKA. Shoot at JFK, miss, and blame Castro-ites. This would trigger a regime change operation in Cuba.

But CIA-Cuban assets learned about the plan and then piggybacked on the operation, and played for real. 

This explains the sophisticated long-term CIA biography-build on LHO, but also why you have lesser lights like Sergio Arcacha-Smith and Rose Cheramie heading to Dallas. 

This also explains why the CIA was at great pains to cover everything up (to put it mildly). I surmise CIA higher-ups had to give the semaphore to mob-connections to ice LHO. 

Who would hire Ruby, you say? 

The CIA does not have infinite resources. They needed someone who could penetrate the DPD, yet had no identifiable ties to the CIA. How many people are floating around like that? And Ruby had run guns to Cuba before. 

I am beginning to think that elements of the military itself were involved. 

11 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

I am beginning to think that elements of the military itself were involved. 

So does serious researcher John Newman (think military elements were involved), but he is being a bit coy right now. So far, everything serious leads back to CIA and Cuban exiles. 

Larry Hancock of course has done serious work in this line. 

One thing I say: There are lines on pieces of paper, showing organizational structures and separate silos etc. Then there are human beings who talk and organize with each other informally, to get around suffocating organizational rules and oversight. Judging from your photo, I guess you would occasionally dabble in the informal category of behavior. 

So maybe to say any particular operation "was a CIA op" is roughly right, but the CIA borrowed a couple of guys from another agency, and a retiree from somewhere, and used a couple private contractors for cover, and hired a cute call-girl as a decoy. 

And the subsequent paperwork would not reflect the reality of what happened. 

I still fall back on my main view: The pre-JFKA witting participants had to be few in number. Like single-hand count, of an old woodworker. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

So does serious researcher John Newman (think military elements were involved), but he is being a bit coy right now. So far, everything serious leads back to CIA and Cuban exiles. 

Larry Hancock of course has done serious work in this line. 

One thing I say: There are lines on pieces of paper, showing organizational structures and separate silos etc. Then there are human beings who talk and organize with each other informally, to get around suffocating organizational rules and oversight. Judging from your photo, I guess you would occasionally dabble in the informal category of behavior. 

So maybe to say any particular operation "was a CIA op" is roughly right, but the CIA borrowed a couple of guys from another agency, and a retiree from somewhere, and used a couple private contractors for cover, and hired a cute call-girl as a decoy. 

And the subsequent paperwork would not reflect the reality of what happened. 

I still fall back on my main view: The pre-JFKA witting participants had to be few in number. Like single-hand count, of an old woodworker. 

Benjamin,

I can't recall where I read that CIA Director Allen Dulles often conducted a lot of major Company business at his informal luncheons-- even after JFK sh*t-canned him-- but I think the Dulles luncheons were described in David Talbot's The Devil's Chessboard.

One prominent character closely connected to both the CIA, (Dulles in particular) and the military was AF General Ed Lansdale.  Lansdale was also an expert psy ops guy, who had contacts with the likes of Joe Alsop and Henry Luce, according to Prouty.  The psy ops piece was, obviously, an important aspect of the JFK hit--i.e.,  the prompt framing of Oswald by the M$M.

Edited by W. Niederhut

On 5/26/2021 at 4:08 PM, David Andrews said:

In 1983, the Soviets were terrified that Reagan was going to launch missile strikes under cover of the week-long Able Archer military exercise.  Wonder where they got that idea about us?

Bump.  

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Benjamin,

I can't recall where I read that CIA Director Allen Dulles often conducted a lot of major Company business at his informal luncheons-- even after JFK sh*t-canned him-- but I think the Dulles luncheons were described in David Talbot's The Devil's Chessboard.

One prominent character closely connected to both the CIA, (Dulles in particular) and the military was AF General Ed Lansdale.  Lansdale was also an expert psy ops guy, who had contacts with the likes of Joe Alsop and Henry Luce, according to Prouty.  The psy ops piece was, obviously, an important aspect of the JFK hit--i.e.,  the prompt framing of Oswald by the M$M.

Lansdale is certainly an excellent example of the kind of guy who would easily transverse organizational boundaries. 

I may place too much faith in Antonio Veciana, who said he met David Atlee Phillips in the company of LHO. Phillips was also an expert PR guy. This leads me to suspect a small, LHO-Phillips deal on a false-flag JFKA. 

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Bump.  

It is, however, a dicey proposition for any conspirator to suppose a wounded or frightened JFK would be convinced to launch a first strike on Cuba or Russia simply on the strength of a one-time American defector with the vaguest of Castro connections taking a shot at him.  From past precedent, JFK might be predicted to refuse.

One wonders if they had an additional, stronger paper trail on Oswald that would cinch him to Castro or the Soviets, and it disappeared when the "lone nut" scenario was decided.  Yet, who decided that?

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

It is, however, a dicey proposition for any conspirator to suppose a wounded or frightened JFK would be convinced to launch a first strike on Cuba or Russia simply on the strength of a one-time American defector with the vaguest of Castro connections taking a shot at him.  From past precedent, JFK might be predicted to refuse.

On the other hand, if the plotters could count on an incapacitated (at the very least) JFK, perhaps LBJ would do exactly that - and quickly since he would have wanted to be seen as a man of action/swift judgement and boldness in a time of peril.

I think CIA/Cuban assets planned the military exercise intending to blame a failed assassination on Castro. This would have involved Phillips. But if someone hijacked that Northwoods style operation I doubt it was Cubans. I know Larry stands behind his good work, and there is a ton of info supporting a CIA/Cuban exile plot. I can’t dispute that theory with facts, only intuition. The end result of removing JFK wasn’t a Cuban invasion or an outright nuclear attack on the Soviet Union, it was the unleashing of Pentagon and corporate military firepower on Vietnam. For that, JFK had to be removed. Who were the shooters in that possible scenario? I think outsourced assassins, possibly European, maybe ex-US Military deep ops. And there would have been crossover between the two plots. Lemnitzer comes to mind.