The Education Forum

John Newman's new posting on Facebook

SAVE THE DATE!
I will be offering a solo public three-hour presentation event on Wednesday, 23 June, 6-9 pm CST. This event will preview the forthcoming work in my series on the Kennedy presidency and assassination. It will take place in a Project JFK/CSI (website projectjfk.com) Dallas webinar (see their website for details).
Finally, after 36 long months of collection, investigation, analysis and reporting, Volume IV—“Armageddon"—will be coming at the end of 2021. This new …
See More
May be an image of fire, outdoors and text that says 'ARMAGEDDON THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY VOLUME IV John M. Newman'

Here is his full message:

SAVE THE DATE!
I will be offering a solo public three-hour presentation event on Wednesday, 23 June, 6-9 pm CST. This event will preview the forthcoming work in my series on the Kennedy presidency and assassination. It will take place in a Project JFK/CSI (website projectjfk.com) Dallas webinar (see their website for details).
Finally, after 36 long months of collection, investigation, analysis and reporting, Volume IV—“Armageddon"—will be coming at the end of 2021. This new book follows the ground broken in Volume III. “Armageddon” will continue to overturn orthodoxy and shed more light on the shadiest trees in a dark forest extending from 1940 to 1963.
The format of the 23 June preview event will feature 2 hours of illustrated lectures with 60 minutes of live Q&A in two segments—30 minutes at the half-way point after 1 hour, and the remaining 30 minutes at the end. This preview will track more than a dozen military and civilian officers that ended up running everything during the Kennedy presidency—all of whom held key positions going all the way back to WWII, and most all of whom were working to subvert Kennedy’s presidency.
Three months after the publication of “Armageddon,” the first of two volumes of my new work on Dr. Martin Luther King will be published. JFK and Vietnam (2017 edition), Oswald and the CIA (2008 edition), and Volumes I-III of my new series on JFK have all been necessary preparation for what is coming. The three-year intermission between Volumes III and IV has yielded many surprises. I hope to see you on 23 June.

Thanks Douglas, am looking forward to both his presentation and new books. Was wondering what happened to him as he has not published anything in a long time.

I sure wonder if John Newman, an excellent JFKA researcher, will now "show the money." 

Earlier, Newman has posited LHO as a CIA biography-build, and part of a WWIII virus that stifled the post-JFKA investigation.

Now Newman is hinting at military intel and ops outside the CIA did the JFKA, and that Antonio Veciana was mistaken or worse in stating (publicly, recorded, on the record) that Veciano met LHO with David Atlee Phillips in Dallas in September-ish 1963. 

OK, show us the money. 

Can Newman get us closer than the scholar Larry Hancock? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

It should be interesting. I know you’ve put some store in Veciana’s statements which support your theory. If Newman is right does that demolish your theory? I recall you made assumptions about the exact roles of Phillips and Oswald that were based on the idea that they were somehow acquainted. If Veciana lied about the meeting he said he witnessed, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Phillips wasn’t running Oswald. There is lots of evidence that he had some stake in the outcome of the JFK assassination, and tried to steer the investigation towards Castro, and against Oswald. I don’t think that the supposed meeting witnessed by Veciana, if it was made up, weakens any evidence against Phillips. What it does do however is weaken the case against Oswald being part of Phillips’ fictional idea that a team set up to kill Castro turned its sights on JFK. In what way is your theory dependent on Oswald playing a part in it? None of the incriminating evidence against Oswald holds up well under scrutiny, and now Newman is trying to put the nail in another such (in his view) manufactured coffin. If you leave Oswald out, make him the Patsy, how does that materially changed your assassination scenario? 

Paul, I assume  you were responding to Benjamin rather than myself but if it was me I would note that at this point Veciana is not relevant to the conspiracy I detail in Tipping Point and you will not find any mention of him there. 

Veciana's final and sensational expansion of his CIA role inside Cuba, as deconstructed by John, certainly undermined Vecians's overall credibility.   I certainly am rested in how John deals with him in the period following 1960, including Veciana's purported work for USAID and I was hoping he was working on that, not sure about that now from what I've read about John's current directions.

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

It should be interesting. I know you’ve put some store in Veciana’s statements which support your theory. If Newman is right does that demolish your theory? I recall you made assumptions about the exact roles of Phillips and Oswald that were based on the idea that they were somehow acquainted. If Veciana lied about the meeting he said he witnessed, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Phillips wasn’t running Oswald. There is lots of evidence that he had some stake in the outcome of the JFK assassination, and tried to steer the investigation towards Castro, and against Oswald. I don’t think that the supposed meeting witnessed by Veciana, if it was made up, weakens any evidence against Phillips. What it does do however is weaken the case against Oswald being part of Phillips’ fictional idea that a team set up to kill Castro turned its sights on JFK. In what way is your theory dependent on Oswald playing a part in it? None of the incriminating evidence against Oswald holds up well under scrutiny, and now Newman is trying to put the nail in another such (in his view) manufactured coffin. If you leave Oswald out, make him the Patsy, how does that materially changed your assassination scenario? 

Paul---

I am certainly open to the idea that a US military-intel and ops team did the JFKA, and not Eladio Del Valle and Hermininio Garcia, or other similar characters, who simply piggybacked on a false-flag fake assassination attempt. 

It still leaves me with a puzzle: John Newman and other serious researchers have posited the CIA had an operational interest in LHO, and had done an LHO biography-build. Newman has gone even further, and said the CIA did this with the intent of planting the WWIII virus after the JFKA. 

Man, that is ugly. But read Newman's WWIII virus idea. That is what Newman has posited. 

OK, if Newman was and is right, then (I guess) the CIA called in the US military-ops team, the team did the JFKA, and LHO was the patsy. How did they make sure LHO was not on the street waving at the President? Perhaps something so simple as duping him into a backroom in the warrens of the TBSD. 

My guess is they duped LHO into the sniper's nest for a fake JFKA. He fired the shot that indirectly nicked Tague, which evidently passed over the JFK limo by 20 feet or more. LHO ran downstairs, feigned nonchalance, deduced something was seriously wrong, and left for home and his gun. 

I surmise LHO figured out he was the patsy rather quickly. 

Of course, what is the definition of a US military, or Army, ops team? Might it include Cuban exiles? Might it include US soldiers temporarily dis-attached the military? An organizationally informal set-up, so the Army can disavow any knowledge? 

So, my favored scenario, and the one Newman may come up with, may nearly be twins. 

Let us see what Newman comes up with. The JFKA strikes me as a CIA operation, and LHO as the patsy, even if the shooters were Army-related. The CIA biography-build on LHO, and the WWIII virus are certainly powerful clues.  

Newman does seem to be deeply suspicious of Veciana, even carping that Veciana (who speaks Spanish) initially referred to "Morris Bishop" and not "Maurice Bishop,' as if this modest change in a name was another example of a changing narrative by Veciana.  

For that matter, E. Howard Hunt could not explain where he was on Nov. 22, and then later in life probably fabricated a tall tale about the JFKA. What is not fabricated is that Hunt was CIA. 

I think too much is made of whether the JFKA was CIA or mililtary ops. Dulles and LeMay were friends and I believe  they worked with each other. LHO followed orders- he was easy to manipulate. E. Howard Hunt told his son a tall tale on his death bed?  Could be. But, I feel there was some truth to his death bed confession.

12 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

I think too much is made of whether the JFKA was CIA or mililtary ops. Dulles and LeMay were friends and I believe  they worked with each other. LHO followed orders- he was easy to manipulate. E. Howard Hunt told his son a tall tale on his death bed?  Could be. But, I feel there was some truth to his death bed confession.

I can't say I disagree with you. But what I have been trying to tell is a plausible version of the JFKA with very few pre-JFKA witting participants. Very few, like the fingers on an old woodworker's hand. 

Having many witting participants, across many organizations local and national, in the assassination of a sitting US President...well, stretches credulity. 

On 5/31/2021 at 2:32 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Here is his full message:

SAVE THE DATE!
Finally, after 36 long months of collection, investigation, analysis and reporting, Volume IV—“Armageddon"—will be coming at the end of 2021. This new book follows the ground broken in Volume III. “Armageddon” will continue to overturn orthodoxy and shed more light on the shadiest trees in a dark forest extending from 1940 to 1963.
The format of the 23 June preview event will feature 2 hours of illustrated lectures with 60 minutes of live Q&A in two segments—30 minutes at the half-way point after 1 hour, and the remaining 30 minutes at the end. This preview will track more than a dozen military and civilian officers that ended up running everything during the Kennedy presidency—all of whom held key positions going all the way back to WWII, and most all of whom were working to subvert Kennedy’s presidency.
Three months after the publication of “Armageddon,” the first of two volumes of my new work on Dr. Martin Luther King will be published. JFK and Vietnam (2017 edition), Oswald and the CIA (2008 edition), and Volumes I-III of my new series on JFK have all been necessary preparation for what is coming. The three-year intermission between Volumes III and IV has yielded many surprises. I hope to see you on 23 June.

Mr. Caddy - thank you for posting this!  I don't get over to FB, so I never see stuff like this unless it's posted in a more general setting like this one!