The Education Forum

New York Magazine Gets Punked

On 7/2/2021 at 8:42 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

The odd truth remains: Trump was the first president since JFK who was not embedded into the national security state and its allies in the media. That does not make Trump a nice guy or a pillar of honesty, or even admirable. It is just a fact. 

Every sovereign country has a "national security state", so not sure what you mean by embedded; every President has to work with the national security apparatus, it's kinda part of the job...

Trump is a dullard mob boss and the CIA still had to work with him. Mike Pompeo, a Grade-A turd of a human, ran the CIA for Trump. Trump signed off on the nonsensical delays of JFK Records Act without a scintilla of pushback, a far more dubiously spooky thing than, say, Jimmy Carter ever did.

Once again, there's the President you hoped you would get by having a private citizen in the job, and then the actual disgusting reality of what you just lived through with Trump. Time to embrace the facts.

You are correct I am disappointed in the Trump Presidency, although my bar was rather low to start with, due to Trump's worrisome personality traits. 

Anyways, like a said, Trump is fading in the rear view mirror, and the national security state is getting stronger. 

I enjoy reading your point of view, even if I differ. 

On 7/3/2021 at 2:42 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

Chris B-

Not even! On top of that, we have odious ID politics. 

Yes, if the CIA runs a woke ad, then everything is OK.  

Biden is bombing them in Syria and Iraq with rainbow soldiers. 

And "left-wing" publications are running down the Kennedy legacy in front of Biden's decision to honor the JFK Records Act or not. 

The odd truth remains: Trump was the first president since JFK who was not embedded into the national security state and its allies in the media. That does not make Trump a nice guy or a pillar of honesty, or even admirable. It is just a fact. 

Yep, the usual ‘manufacturing of consent’, the public bought in to their favourite news sources serving up a main course of ‘confirmation bias’ and theatre. You get two awful candidates to choose from and nobody thinks that’s weird. Nobody thinks the way election campaigns are funded is and by who is weird either. Nobody thinks the way news networks derive revenue is weird either. What a world ....