The Education Forum

Oswald said someone took his picture and superimposed his face on the backyard photos

On 7/3/2021 at 9:32 PM, Paul Brancato said:

I’m feeling dense. Could you write about what you see and it’s significance? 

Ditto. Except "feeling dense" can become the default mode, once a certain age barrier is breached...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still debating whether the backyard photos were faked? 

The HSCA PROVED they were not. The grain pattern in the head is the exact same pattern in the rest of the photos.

Still people reject this? 

Marina still admits taking those photos. 

Time to move on and accept it. They were real and NEVER faked. 

I provided a gif with 10 photos and perhaps as many cameras with different lighting and angles.  The chin remained narrow in comparison to the film.

A question one could ask in the left hand Harvey photo is where is the light source?  Is it coming from the front?  Or, overhead?  Or, left hand side?  It appears to be from the overhead or if one wanted to be generous the front..  Forehead, nose, and chin appear to get more light.  The right hand ear is obscured by light.  How did that happen on the right hand or shadowed side?  Would you really have a dark noticeable shadow under the chin if the light was coming form the Left hand side or from the front?  Probably overhead.  

Only lighting from the left hand side could make the large and dark shadow on the right hand side of Harvey's face.  If you look at the man directly behind Harvey then you will see his right hand side is high lighted and in contradiction to the shadows on Harvey's face.

There could be multiple light sources in that hall way.  But, I think there were only overhead lights.  Perhaps flash bulbs contributed to the lighting mess one sees in the photo.  Or, perhaps not.

Edited by John Butler

On 7/3/2021 at 8:49 AM, Paul Bacon said:

Something I'm not understanding here.  In the first half of the gif, the side by side comparison, why do the jaw lines look so different?

Someone has tried to prove or show Oswald had a square or wide chin in the film by alteration of the chin in the film presented in this thread.  This would match the photo of Oswald as seen in the Backyard Photos.  This is simply an attempt to prove the validity of the Backyard Photos.  There is always someone who will quote the WC or HSCA statements that the Backyard Photos are authentic.  There is not many people who believe that after Jack White and other researchers provided at least 15 things wrong with the photo.  I added an extra to howls of outrage.

The best guest is that Roscoe White is the author of the Backyard Photos.  White provided the body up to and including the chin.  Oswald provided the head down to the chin.  Oswald said his head was superimposed on the body when shown the photo.  He said he could prove it. 

The photo below gives one a look at Roscoe's chin and the peculiarity of his wrist.  They match the photo giving a good possibility that Roscoe White is the author.  Leaving the wide chin is an indication that the author of the Backyard Photos was not a skilled photo editor.  

The introduction of the Backyard Photos and their falsity is one of the many reasons Oswald had to die.  Proving their falsity in court would prove that Oswald was framed and therefore innocent. 

roscoes-chin.jpg  

Here is something a ran across while looking for the White/Oswald comparison:

[[ posted on alt.conspiracy.jfk on 10/08/96 by:
jackwhite ]]
=====================================================

------------------------- The Roscoe White Curse? -----------------------

About 6 years ago I was at the old JFK-AIC in the Dallas West End when the
Roscoe White News Conference was held.

At the **head table** in the front of the assembly space, in addition to
Ricky White and Roscoe*s minister, were 5 prominent JFK researchers. All were
comparatively young or middle-aged and vigorous, and each presented some
aspect of the Roscoe White story. These researchers were...

BERNARD **BUD** FENSTERWALD
GARY SHAW
LARRY HOWARD
JOE WEST
LARRY RAY HARRIS

Now, about 6 years later 4 of the 5 are dead, despite their relative youth
and vigor. Coincidence? Or curse? Given their ages and good health, it would
be interesting to see actuarial statistics on this, in the manner of the
famed **mysterious deaths** study.

FENSTERWALD, who founded/funded the Washington Assassination Information
Bureau and supported the AIC, became ill while dining in Dallas. He cancelled
appointments and flew back to Washington, where he died of a sudden **heart
attack**.

WEST, the Houston private investigator who later discovered the James Files
story, was just fine when I talked with him on the phone on a Friday. Almost
incidentally, he told me that at a recent health check-up, his doctor
recommended heart by-pass surgery for the following Monday; he said he would
call me after the surgery. The heart surgery was a success...but his
breathing never resumed. He was kept alive for a while by a lung machine, but
died without ever regaining consciousness.

HOWARD, the ardent JFK buff who (with Gary Shaw) co-founded the Dallas JFK
Information Center, had been doing further Roscoe White research in West
Texas, along with a **former FBI agent**. While driving late at night, Larry
suffered a **stroke**. When he died, the JFK-AIC died with him.

HARRIS, the young reseach expert on the Tippit killing, has now died in a
recent auto accident (one-car?) for which we have few details as of now.

SHAW, the other co-director of the AIC, is the SOLE SURVIVOR of this group.
We hope that Gary is very very careful in the future, whether these deaths
are curse, conspiracy, or coincidence.

GENEVA WHITE DEES, Roscoe*s widow, also died during this period.

Less than a year after attending this news conference, I was attacked in my
bedroom at 5 a.m. on Sunday by a nude intruder, who (unprovoked) stabbed me
in the chest with an ice pick 12 times and hit me in the head, fracturing my
skull and destroying my hearing (right ear) and balance (permanent vertigo).
At the time I was serving as a (unpaid) photo consultant to Oliver Stone in
the production of JFK. I was in the hospital for 22 days with the skull
fracture and collapsed lung, for four days near death. Coincidence?
Conspiracy? Or Roscoe White curse?

Edited by John Butler

On 7/3/2021 at 2:14 PM, Bruce Fernandez said:

Square chin v pointed chin ... pretty hard to be different people given the believed timing of the photos.

His chin does seem wider (and strangely brighter) in the midnight press conference footage, but it may be camera lenses and angles, increasing five o'clock shadow, and Oswald's fatigue.

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

His chin does seem wider (and strangely brighter) in the midnight press conference footage, but it may be camera lenses and angles, increasing five o'clock shadow, and Oswald's fatigue.

This is unaltered original news reel footage. Nothing sinister going on. Some cameras are picking up the contrast of light and shadow differently. That's why we see Oswald's eye sockets appearing blacked out, and the neck shadow accentuated to form a square chin.

No need for spies to alter every frame of original film in film archives to match a few backyard photos. Whoever superimposed Oswald's head, may have used a frame from the Friday midnight press conference footage that shows a squarish chin. It really is that simple.

On 7/6/2021 at 10:17 AM, John Butler said:

There is always someone who will quote the WC or HSCA statements that the Backyard Photos are authentic.  There is not many people who believe that after Jack White and other researchers provided at least 15 things wrong with the photo.

Here you go trotting out Jack White again - a man whose HSCA testimony clearly demonstrates his lack of actual expertise in photographic analysis (to say nothing of his preposterous faked moon landing and 9/11 hoax punditry). Can you point to any professional photographic analysis -- not amateur, armchair sleuthing the likes of which is done on this forum -- that supports your claim the backyard photographs are fakes?

50 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Here you go trotting out Jack White again - a man whose HSCA testimony clearly demonstrates his lack of actual expertise in photographic analysis (to say nothing of his preposterous faked moon landing and 9/11 hoax punditry). Can you point to any professional photographic analysis -- not amateur, armchair sleuthing the likes of which is done on this forum -- that supports your claim the backyard photographs are fakes?

Thank you Mr. Cohen for injecting common sense back into this argument.

If I recall right, a backyard photo negative was found in Oswald's possessions. And of course, George DeMorenschidlt had a copy of one of the BYP's. 

The backyard photos are real, never faked. 

Some people just can't accept the facts.

1 hour ago, Steve Roe said:

Thank you Mr. Cohen for injecting common sense back into this argument.

If I recall right, a backyard photo negative was found in Oswald's possessions. And of course, George DeMorenschidlt had a copy of one of the BYP's. 

The backyard photos are real, never faked. 

Some people just can't accept the facts.

Perhaps you or Mr. Cohen would care to explain Oswald's famously distorted right leg, with outwardly bent knee and impossible hip posture, in one of the BYP. 

That would put either of you one up on the late Jack White, who never came to a conclusion.

The only other time Oswald was that contorted was when he was shot.  He found the posture untenable then and fell down - as he should in that BYP.  Not even motion blur to explain that leg, cocked at an angle that would discomfit a ballet dancer.  And do the legs in that photo match the upper body size and posture?

The BYP look like something concocted by a couple of photographic subgeniuses, whether in some garage or at a CIA station.  Perhaps Oswald said he could prove they were faked because he was one of the fakers, working hastily at Jaggers Chiles Stovall.

The DPD files revealed a copycat picture taken of a cop behind the house, and also a photo layer from which the cop had been excised.  Did that occur because someone independently minded at DPD suspected the photos were faked?

Edited by David Andrews

Whether faked or not, I am always struck by Oswald's unusual body and head and neck anatomy.

In the photo above, where a photo of Roscoe White is next to one of Oswald holding the rifle in his backyard, Oswald's head and neck seem starkly larger and thicker in proportion to the rest of Oswald's upper body than a normal person imo.

Oswald has extremely small bone and short horizontal length narrow shoulders.

Yet in this photo his neck seems abnormally wide and thick. Especially in contrast to his extremely small narrow shoulders.

Same with his head size. Oswald has a very thin, short and small over-all body frame. He weighed what...140 to 150 lbs?

But in this photo his head seems so large in comparison to his lower body frame it doesn't seem anatomically correct.

Not suggesting anything conspiratorial at all with this odd body, neck, head proportion of Oswald observation. Just that it stands out to me. Oswald's neck is so wide/thick I thought perhaps he might have suffered from some thyroid malfunction condition.

On 7/6/2021 at 7:17 AM, John Butler said:

Someone has tried to prove or show Oswald had a square or wide chin in the film by alteration of the chin in the film presented in this thread.  This would match the photo of Oswald as seen in the Backyard Photos.  This is simply an attempt to prove the validity of the Backyard Photos.  There is always someone who will quote the WC or HSCA statements that the Backyard Photos are authentic.  There is not many people who believe that after Jack White and other researchers provided at least 15 things wrong with the photo.  I added an extra to howls of outrage.

The best guest is that Roscoe White is the author of the Backyard Photos.  White provided the body up to and including the chin.  Oswald provided the head down to the chin.  Oswald said his head was superimposed on the body when shown the photo.  He said he could prove it. 

The photo below gives one a look at Roscoe's chin and the peculiarity of his wrist.  They match the photo giving a good possibility that Roscoe White is the author.  Leaving the wide chin is an indication that the author of the Backyard Photos was not a skilled photo editor.  

The introduction of the Backyard Photos and their falsity is one of the many reasons Oswald had to die.  Proving their falsity in court would prove that Oswald was framed and therefore innocent. 

roscoes-chin.jpg  

Here is something a ran across while looking for the White/Oswald comparison:

[[ posted on alt.conspiracy.jfk on 10/08/96 by:
jackwhite ]]
=====================================================

------------------------- The Roscoe White Curse? -----------------------

About 6 years ago I was at the old JFK-AIC in the Dallas West End when the
Roscoe White News Conference was held.

At the **head table** in the front of the assembly space, in addition to
Ricky White and Roscoe*s minister, were 5 prominent JFK researchers. All were
comparatively young or middle-aged and vigorous, and each presented some
aspect of the Roscoe White story. These researchers were...

BERNARD **BUD** FENSTERWALD
GARY SHAW
LARRY HOWARD
JOE WEST
LARRY RAY HARRIS

Now, about 6 years later 4 of the 5 are dead, despite their relative youth
and vigor. Coincidence? Or curse? Given their ages and good health, it would
be interesting to see actuarial statistics on this, in the manner of the
famed **mysterious deaths** study.

FENSTERWALD, who founded/funded the Washington Assassination Information
Bureau and supported the AIC, became ill while dining in Dallas. He cancelled
appointments and flew back to Washington, where he died of a sudden **heart
attack**.

WEST, the Houston private investigator who later discovered the James Files
story, was just fine when I talked with him on the phone on a Friday. Almost
incidentally, he told me that at a recent health check-up, his doctor
recommended heart by-pass surgery for the following Monday; he said he would
call me after the surgery. The heart surgery was a success...but his
breathing never resumed. He was kept alive for a while by a lung machine, but
died without ever regaining consciousness.

HOWARD, the ardent JFK buff who (with Gary Shaw) co-founded the Dallas JFK
Information Center, had been doing further Roscoe White research in West
Texas, along with a **former FBI agent**. While driving late at night, Larry
suffered a **stroke**. When he died, the JFK-AIC died with him.

HARRIS, the young reseach expert on the Tippit killing, has now died in a
recent auto accident (one-car?) for which we have few details as of now.

SHAW, the other co-director of the AIC, is the SOLE SURVIVOR of this group.
We hope that Gary is very very careful in the future, whether these deaths
are curse, conspiracy, or coincidence.

GENEVA WHITE DEES, Roscoe*s widow, also died during this period.

Less than a year after attending this news conference, I was attacked in my
bedroom at 5 a.m. on Sunday by a nude intruder, who (unprovoked) stabbed me
in the chest with an ice pick 12 times and hit me in the head, fracturing my
skull and destroying my hearing (right ear) and balance (permanent vertigo).
At the time I was serving as a (unpaid) photo consultant to Oliver Stone in
the production of JFK. I was in the hospital for 22 days with the skull
fracture and collapsed lung, for four days near death. Coincidence?
Conspiracy? Or Roscoe White curse?

Really ominous.

5 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Whether faked or not, I am always struck by Oswald's unusual body and head and neck anatomy.

In the photo above, where a photo of Roscoe White is next to one of Oswald holding the rifle in his backyard, Oswald's head and neck seem starkly larger and thicker in proportion to the rest of Oswald's upper body than a normal person imo.

Oswald has extremely small bone and short horizontal length narrow shoulders.

Yet in this photo his neck seems abnormally wide and thick. Especially in contrast to his extremely small narrow shoulders.

Same with his head size. Oswald has a very thin, short and small over-all body frame. He weighed what...140 to 150 lbs?

But in this photo his head seems so large in comparison to his lower body frame it doesn't seem anatomically correct.

Not suggesting anything conspiratorial at all with this odd body, neck, head proportion of Oswald observation. Just that it stands out to me. Oswald's neck is so wide/thick I thought perhaps he might have suffered from some thyroid malfunction condition.

Also, if that's Roscoe White's torso in the BYP, he looks to have lost 10-15 pounds from his Marine photo used for wrist comparison.

On 7/6/2021 at 4:19 PM, Tony Krome said:

This is unaltered original news reel footage. Nothing sinister going on. Some cameras are picking up the contrast of light and shadow differently. That's why we see Oswald's eye sockets appearing blacked out, and the neck shadow accentuated to form a square chin.

No need for spies to alter every frame of original film in film archives to match a few backyard photos. Whoever superimposed Oswald's head, may have used a frame from the Friday midnight press conference footage that shows a squarish chin. It really is that simple.

I wasn't arguing that Oz's chin changes in the DPD photos and footage. 

It's interesting that if you look at the BYP posted on this thread, Oswald is photographed with that same bright white stripe across the skin between chin and lip that you see in the DPD footage video I posted.  We put a lot of stock in the BYP splices being made at mid-chin, so that stripe is another facial feature to consider when we consider whether Roscoe White's lower chin was used.

Edited by David Andrews