The Education Forum

Marina's Sponsor and Oswald's Fifth Wallet?

Paul Bleau writes another interesting piece for K and K. 

God, the Oswald mystery never ends does it. Had to be the most complex 24 year old ever.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/marina-s-sponsor-and-oswald-s-fifth-wallet?fbclid=IwAR0NciIcu0EsyLQCA91JH3FPZ4qBgFRS35A2OsCIjqPkr_bW7x30oRezTcE

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

God, the Oswald mystery never ends does it. Had to be the most complex 24 year old ever.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/marina-s-sponsor-and-oswald-s-fifth-wallet?fbclid=IwAR0NciIcu0EsyLQCA91JH3FPZ4qBgFRS35A2OsCIjqPkr_bW7x30oRezTcE

Great research. Amazing stuff.  

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Wow, what a fascinating read. What great research effort.

Just a thought: Could Marguerite have stolen that Wallet belonging to Byron Phillips...and with it already containing the 180 dollars?

How else could it and the substantial amount of cash inside have turned up in the possession of Marguerite Oswald / Lee Oswald without Byron Phillip's knowledge and consent?

This part of Bleau's essay also caught my eye regarding the aspect of Oswald's reportedly extreme "frugal" nature with money contrasting with Oswald's actual spending of it from the Summer of 1963 when he was in New Orleans ( when his only income was a brief employment stint at Reilly Coffee and minimum unemployment checks ) through his return to Fort Worth and his adventure trip to Mexico City.

Was the cash left on Marina’s dresser by Oswald really the 180 dollars the FBI reported being in the wallet?

Did this 180 bucks belong to Byron?

How on earth does a lone drifter, father of two, minimum wage earner, or often unemployed person for some 18 months since his penniless return from Russia, how does that person save the equivalent of 1600 dollars today? When he squanders some of his own money for his mindless FPCC adventure, travels to Mexico City, buys gifts for Marina, acquires expensive photographic equipment, moves several times, hires lawyers, buys guns and ammunition, pays for communist literature, etc.? White Russians even paid Oswald’s YMCA fees because he was so destitute.

And add onto Oswald's expenditures him paying others to help him pass out FPCC leaflets in N.O. The cost of paper and printing of his leaflets ( whose printing machine did he use for this?)

Obviously Oswald had access to extra funds, even if small, to finance his two FPCC projects. Wasn't this when Ruth Paine had taken in Marina and Junie and was literally paying for their basics back in Irving. TX?

Did Oswald ever send RP any money to help with those basics for his wife and child?

I once read a statement reportedly made by Dean Andrews where he personally ran down and confronted Oswald while Oswald was passing out his FPCC leaflets in downtown NO. Oswald still owed Andrews legal fees. Andrews asked what this action of Oswald was all about? and Oswald reportedly told Andrews "it was just a job."

Edited by Joe Bauer

I actually thought of that myself Joe.

It seems to me to be the most logical answer to how Oswald ended up with Byron Phillips' wallet.  And most likely the money.  Its really something how this was not explored in the Warren Report.  Maybe they didn't want to go there for some reason.

Also, who the heck has five wallets?    This was ridiculous when there were three wallets. Its like Oswald was collecting wallets and cameras.

What a great article. Not sure I buy that the author's conclusion that Phillips was totally innocent because he became involved too early. His involvement apparently dates from March of 1962. I wouldn't be surprised if the conspirators had decided by then what had to be done.

Something that strikes me as odd is a farmer in a small town of 100 people keeping the equivalent of $1600 in his wallet.  Unless he had withdrawn it to make a cash purchase.  If so why would he leave the wallet with that much cash in it laying around to be stolen?  If he suspected such why on earth would he then sign the sponsor ship of Marina for Marguerite?  If she gave the money to Lee why would she do so with it still in the stolen wallet?  this all does seem a little fishy.

The lawyer, Curtis Renfro sounds suspicious.  He gave the FBI the names of people in Vernon Marguerite had worked for but claimed not to know her, never met her?

Great article.

What was the ID in the Byron Phillip wallet? AS in driver's license, or Social Security or what? 

And LHO's mom kept the wallet and money for a couple of years after either receiving it, or stealing it? With the ID still in the wallet? And despite being financially struggling, never spent the money? 

Would you steal a wallet (for the money in it) but then keep the identifying wallet and accompanying ID? 

I guess one possibility is Marguerite Oswald had an affair with Byron Phillip....explaining subsequent behavior and the gift of the wallet...

The Phillips family say the wallet was Byron's.  Marguerite says it was a promotional wallet from Byron's bank.  If the former is true, here's a scenario:

• Marguerite, always on the grift, stole Byron's wallet
  • The Phillips family couldn't prove it, so Marguerite was dismissed because she was chatty and "domineering"
  • Marguerite, as housekeeper, knew dirt on Byron that he wouldn't want revealed, compelling him to sponsor Marina
  • Marguerite couldn't return the wallet, and wouldn't discuss it with Byron, as either would be admitting a crime
  • Marguerite gave the wallet to Lee so he would know who to extort any additional immigration help from

A stolen wallet paired with a dismissal should be a red flag.  However, I would not rule out some higher influence than Marguerite on Byron Phillips' decision, which would still allow my scenario.  Charitably signing an immigration affidavit of support to appease an ordinarily dismissed employee is a stretch.  

Edited by David Andrews

On 7/9/2021 at 4:07 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

Great research. Amazing stuff.  

Another good article to read on Oswald and his intelligence connections is a K & K:

Oswald’s Intelligence Connections: How Richard Schweiker clashes with Fake History

Written by Paul Bleau

Kennedys And King - Oswald’s Intelligence Connections: How Richard Schweiker clashes with Fake History

Just right click on open in a new window.

7 hours ago, John Butler said:

Another good article to read on Oswald and his intelligence connections is a K & K:

Oswald’s Intelligence Connections: How Richard Schweiker clashes with Fake History

Written by Paul Bleau

Kennedys And King - Oswald’s Intelligence Connections: How Richard Schweiker clashes with Fake History

Just right click on open in a new window.

Right-o. Thanks.

Isn't it funny how the closer we look, the farther away things seem to be? It's like mysteries inside of mysteries inside of mysteries, just like Ferrie said it was.

I don't know what to make of it. This to me was what I had always considered the third wallet, so the news of the other two wallets is brand new to me.

Obviously Oswald was up to his ears in skullduggery. It sure seems to me that Marguerite is steeped in suspicious activity as well.

Very interesting article, thank you for sharing.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:13 PM, Joe Bauer said:

Was the cash left on Marina’s dresser by Oswald really the 180 dollars the FBI reported being in the wallet?

Did this 180 bucks belong to Byron?

Marina said that $10 of that $180 was given to her by a newspaperman