The Education Forum

Was it Louie Steven Witt after all?

Ron Ecker

Hi James,

I have no doubt that Witt, Novel or some of the others mention are TUM. Novel PSE test were

interesting at the time but also very boring. I have copies of these PSE in deep files if that tells

you something:) Capehart was photograph down in Mexico as well as in the plaza. He may have

taken part in the demostration up in Canada, but I will have to recheck as my memory is somwhat

fuzzy. Capehart was connected to Howard Hughes? (John Woods)

Hi John,

Capehart worked on the Howard Hughes deep sea research vessel, the Glomar Explorer. This I believe this was Project Jennifer where a soviet sub was raised.

BTW, not to redirect this thread, but that demonstration in Canada, was that the one Russell McLarry was involved in?

James

Edited by James Richards

Capehart was photograph down in Mexico as well as in the plaza. He may have

taken part in the demostration up in Canada, but I will have to recheck as my memory is somwhat

fuzzy.

Can someone fill me in on the 'demonstration up in Canada?' I try to stay attuned to anything in this area and it is news to me. Please specify time frame, I know that there was some Omega-7 activities regarding Canada, but that is decades after 11/22/63. Also back to the thread isn't it true that besides being mentioned as a possible candidate for the 'Cuban' next to UM' Ferenc Nagy lived just a couple of miles from Dealey Plaza? I have always thought that he was sort of a forgotten figure, or maybe it was the misfortune of being mentioned in Torbitt's manuscript, NOAAC.

Capehart was photograph down in Mexico as well as in the plaza. He may have

fuzzy.

Can someone fill me in on the 'demonstration up in Canada?' I try to stay attuned to anything in this area and it is news to me. Please specify time frame, I know that there was some Omega-7 activities regarding Canada, but that is decades after 11/22/63. Also back to the thread isn't it true that besides being mentioned as a possible candidate for the 'Cuban' next to UM' Ferenc Nagy lived just a couple of miles from Dealey Plaza? I have always thought that he was sort of a forgotten figure, or maybe it was the misfortune of being mentioned in Torbitt's manuscript, NOAAC.

Sorry, as I do not have the document on hand. It was in the Spring of 1963, Warren Commission Document 729 which is the FBI report along with 10 photographs of the participants in the "Quebec-Washington-Guantanamo Walk for Peace March". One would later comit sucuide down in one of the southern states. One individual whom was among the group was from a New Orleans anti castro movement i believe.

john

Here are some sites that might provide a bit of background detail:

http://www.swarthmore.edu/library/peace/DG.../DG017CNVA.html

http://www.swarthmore.edu/library/peace/DG.../dg050muste.htm

http://www.jurisearch.com/newroot/caselink...nno=749+F.2d+58

It might be of some interest to note as a sidebar that several "Oswald" sightings took place in Montreal in 1963, and that photographs were taken on at least two occasions. The photos might have disclosed whether it was Oswald or mistaken identity, yet in each case FBI fought against the photos being released. Photos taken by RCMP [at FBI's request] in late summer 1963 of a young man wearing a US Naval uniform and handing out pro-Castro literature on the streets of "Old" Montreal have never been released.

FWIW...

• 2 months later...

It might be of some interest to note as a sidebar that several "Oswald" sightings took place in Montreal in 1963, and that photographs were taken on at least two occasions. The photos might have disclosed whether it was Oswald or mistaken identity, yet in each case FBI fought against the photos being released. Photos taken by RCMP [at FBI's request] in late summer 1963 of a young man wearing a US Naval uniform and handing out pro-Castro literature on the streets of "Old" Montreal have never been released. (Robert Charles-Dunne)

I think this is a most interesting episode, Robert.

I believe the Oswald in Montreal was an impersonator. He was associating with the Committee for Non-Violent Action whose National Chairman at the time was A.J. Muste. There were several photos taken like you say and in one group shot we have several interesting characters. One being Russell McLarry who was arrested in Dallas a few days after the assassination for making threats against the President. He was eventually no-billed but his presence in Canada has never been fully explored.

Two other interesting characters were Bradford Lyttle and Scott Herrick. Both of these guys were involved in the October 1961 march into Moscow. In this image below, McLarry is the guy on the far right, Lyttle is the guy holding the 'Build Bridges Not Walls' sign and the alleged Oswald impersonator is the guy fifth from the left peeking over the sign. I don't know which one is Herrick but there was a rumor he was associated with ONI. Nothing provable there but interesting none-the-less.

FWIW.

James

• 1 year later...
It might be of some interest to note as a sidebar that several "Oswald" sightings took place in Montreal in 1963, and that photographs were taken on at least two occasions. The photos might have disclosed whether it was Oswald or mistaken identity, yet in each case FBI fought against the photos being released. Photos taken by RCMP [at FBI's request] in late summer 1963 of a young man wearing a US Naval uniform and handing out pro-Castro literature on the streets of "Old" Montreal have never been released. (Robert Charles-Dunne)

I believe the Oswald in Montreal was an impersonator. He was associating with the Committee for Non-Violent Action whose National Chairman at the time was A.J. Muste. There were several photos taken like you say and in one group shot we have several interesting characters. One being Russell McLarry who was arrested in Dallas a few days after the assassination for making threats against the President. He was eventually no-billed but his presence in Canada has never been fully explored.

Two other interesting characters were Bradford Lyttle and Scott Herrick. Both of these guys were involved in the October 1961 march into Moscow. In this image below, McLarry is the guy on the far right, Lyttle is the guy holding the 'Build Bridges Not Walls' sign and the alleged Oswald impersonator is the guy fifth from the left peeking over the sign. I don't know which one is Herrick but there was a rumor he was associated with ONI. Nothing provable there but interesting none-the-less.

FWIW.

James

FWIW. I posted this photo on my blog and received these comments:

Anonymous said...

Russell McLarry is my uncle and he is NOT in this picture.

10:55 AM

gary said...

Anonymous, what can you tell us about your uncle?

11:49 AM

Teresa Ravella said...

My Uncle Russell was a very outspoken man with a great sense of humor. He was also a wonderful machinist as well. And he made the best barbecue in Texas! He always said, "If you've got a good rub, no sauce needed." I miss him very much...he passed away in Nov. 2002. As far as him being in Canada with Oswald, you've got be kidding. I don't think he ever ventured out of the U.S. (but I'll check with my Mom on that).

FWIW.

James

FWIW. I posted this photo on my blog and received these comments:

Anonymous said...

Russell McLarry is my uncle and he is NOT in this picture.

10:55 AM

gary said...

Anonymous, what can you tell us about your uncle?

11:49 AM

Teresa Ravella said...

My Uncle Russell was a very outspoken man with a great sense of humor. He was also a wonderful machinist as well. And he made the best barbecue in Texas! He always said, "If you've got a good rub, no sauce needed." I miss him very much...he passed away in Nov. 2002. As far as him being in Canada with Oswald, you've got be kidding. I don't think he ever ventured out of the U.S. (but I'll check with my Mom on that).

My opinion, the guy in the picture is not Oswald. I know you cant see much, but what you can see, tells me no. Either its suppose to be someone else and they have it backwards, or its the 20th imposter. lol. FWIW