The Education Forum

Finally! A Good Review of Oliver Stone's "JFK Revisited"

How did Phelps miss that one?

The guy got the wrong Dulles at the end though.

36 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

This is a great review.  One of the two positive ones I've seen from the USA.  Both from the west coast (naturally?).

I feel like sending the author a copy of David Talbot's The Devil's Chessboard though.  Director of the CIA Allen Dulles was a little more demented than his Secretary of State brother John Foster as most here know.  Still though, Yeah!

John Foster?--- Kind of a big mistake! It's  nice to see critics who have at least a bedding in the research material. It's pleasant though.

Obviously Jim knows more about the machinations of getting it to the U.S. But   I'm pretty confident, we'll all be able to see it by Fall.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

I know how Phelps missed it. 

No Deuterium or Oak Ridge.

LOL, ROTF😀

Here's one from France with the key sentence translated.

from 74e Festival de Cannes - Oliver Stone revisite son «JFK» revisité: «Si Kennedy n’avait pas été assassiné, le monde vivrait plus en paix»

Oliver Stone redétricote le rapport de la commission Warren mise sur pied à l’époque et démontre toutes ses incohérences, toutes ses contradictions, tous ses oublis aussi. Et conclut, plus convaincu que jamais, au complot de la CIA.

translated:

Oliver Stone unravels the WC report from the beginning of the epoch and demonstrates all its incoherencies, contradictions and omissions.  And concludes more convinced than ever that it was a CIA plot.

1 hour ago, Bill Fite said:

Here's one from France with the key sentence translated.

from 74e Festival de Cannes - Oliver Stone revisite son «JFK» revisité: «Si Kennedy n’avait pas été assassiné, le monde vivrait plus en paix»

translated:

Oliver Stone unravels the WC report from the beginning of the epoch and demonstrates all its incoherencies, contradictions and omissions.  And concludes more convinced than ever that it was a CIA plot.

Bill Fite: Thanks for the translation. The French, especially those who backed de Gaulle, had some perspective on the JFKA, as de Gaulle had been the target of many unsuccessful assassination attempts. 

That does not make the JFKA a conspiracy or not (I think it was), but it means the overt bias against such a JFKA explanation was lacking....

Here's another decent west coast review/interview.  Though I disagree with Mr. Stones ending remarks.

We can argue all day about freedom of speech.  Documented facts should never be censored.  Using the msm or social media to promote lies that advocate insurrection should be exposed and stopped imho.  The companies owning these entities have a social responsibility to prevent the destruction of the system under which they have freedom of speech to let us express our opinions.  Off the soap box.

Oliver Stone revisits JFK assassination in new documentary (sfgate.com)

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Here's another decent west coast review/interview.  Though I disagree with Mr. Stones ending remarks.

We can argue all day about freedom of speech.  Documented facts should never be censored.  Using the msm or social media to promote lies that advocate insurrection should be exposed and stopped imho.  The companies owning these entities have a social responsibility to prevent the destruction of the system under which they have freedom of speech to let us express our opinions.  Off the soap box.

Oliver Stone revisits JFK assassination in new documentary (sfgate.com)

Ron B.---

Agreed. But also interesting is what Oliver Stone said at the very end of the interview you posted:

“America is censoring itself. It’s censoring Facebook, it’s censoring the ex-president. We’re scared. We’re scared of hearing the truth,” Stone continued. “Sometimes you have to hear the Alex Joneses of the world. You have to have different points of view.”

I am no fan of Alex Jones or Trump.

But as I say, all across the political spectrum are smart and fair people. No group I have ever met has a monopoly on insight, fairness, good manners, and decency.

One of the most prominent pillars of the JFKA community is Jacob Hornberger, a devout libertarian and obviously a deeply thoughtful fellow. I assume Hornberger would disagree with some of JFK's domestic policies, maybe all. That's fine, we need different opinions in this world. Hornberger would be a "right-winger" in the parlance of many.

But to Hornberger what is more important than politics is the truth. What really happened to JFK?

A person could despise JFK's politics (not the man) but still be outraged that a coup was effected.

Censorship, like patriotism, is often the first and last resort of goons. 

Here is another one.  This time the interviewer says that the facts and logic in JFK Revisited are hard to resist.

I would go farther, they are impossible to resist.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/oliver-stone-interview-jfk-documentary-b1882614.html?fbclid=IwAR2uFPHmSZTirXG5VcOercAwkaMBYE9BXif5gYwpsypX9vr2_OJ91mCFnyo

26 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Here is another one.  This time the interviewer says that the facts and logic in JFK Revisited are hard to resist.

I would go farther, they are impossible to resist.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/oliver-stone-interview-jfk-documentary-b1882614.html?fbclid=IwAR2uFPHmSZTirXG5VcOercAwkaMBYE9BXif5gYwpsypX9vr2_OJ91mCFnyo

Good one...I didn't see this, so I posted it also.

Yes, I concur, the case for at least two gunman is beyond reasonable doubt.  

The cover-up is indisputable also. 

This was my whole point when I wrote it.

That no objective person when confronted with the new ARRB evidence, which the MSM would not show them, could possibly maintain the Warren Report fable.

BTW, wait until the four hour one comes out.  After seeing that one, the viewer will wonder why the Warren Commissioners were not placed on trial.