The Education Forum

Secret Service participation in 1/6 coup attempt

5 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Pence left the Senate floor with his wife and daughter so  you're to believe that Pence was separated from them before the Secret Service was to take Pence away because they are not mentioned in the article as witnesses. You would think there would be some record of where Pence was to go and who gave the specific orders.But as I say, even if the order was directly linked to Trump, he could say he was doing it out of concern for Pence's safety. Politically, it's not incumbent on Pence to reveal his  suspicions of Trump's motive on removing him from the Capitol and he'll just say it was his duty to stay there and certify the election.

And if he was asked questions about his suspicions  of Trump's motives in an investigation, his political ambition would just make him lie straight faced about that, as we know he can! To incriminate Trump would dash his political hopes.

Absolutely.  

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Pence left the Senate floor with his wife and daughter so  you're to believe that Pence was separated from them before the Secret Service was to take Pence away because they are not mentioned in the article as witnesses. You would think there would be some record of where Pence was to go and who gave the specific orders.But as I say, even if the order was directly linked to Trump, he could say he was doing it out of concern for Pence's safety. Politically, it's not incumbent on Pence to reveal his  suspicions of Trump's motive on removing him from the Capitol and he'll just say it was his duty to stay there and certify the election.

And if he was asked questions about his suspicions  of Trump's motives in an investigation, his political ambition would just make him lie straight faced about that, as we know he can! To incriminate Trump would dash his political hopes.

True, Kirk, but I wasn't referring to motives of political self-interest.  I was referring to ethics and the rule of law.

If Pence believes that Trump conspired to block the certification of a Presidential election by physically removing him from the Capitol, he has a moral responsibility to speak up.

Again, why did Pence, allegedly, tell Tim Geibels that he didn't trust the Secret Service agents driving the limo?

Why did Ornato, allegedly, tell Kellogg that their conversation about the Secret Service order to remove Pence from the Capitol "never happened?"

These are not rhetorical questions.

That's my point W. He's not ethical, he's a political animal. That ain't going to happen.

But what is interesting is that he's going to have to do an interview and he will be asked if and why he turned down the ride. Unless he fears a shoe dropping, or another person's testimony. He'd just say, that he took his responsibility to certify the election too seriously to leave.,

Besides, any of his conjecture is just speculation anyway.Politicians are usually lawyers, and are very careful of the allegations they make of other politicians.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

5 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

That's my point W. He's not ethical, he's a political animal. That ain't going to happen.

But what is interesting is that he's going to have to do an interview and he will be asked if and why he turned down the ride. Unless he fears a shoe dropping, or another person's testimony. He'd just say, that he took his responsibility to certify the election too seriously to leave.,

Besides, any of his conjecture is just speculation anyway.Politicians are usually lawyers, and are very careful of the allegations they make of other politicians.

I agree that Pence is no paragon of morality or honesty, (as advertised in GOP Evangelical circles) but he did have the decency to defy Trump and certify the election results on January 6th.  Raskin believes that Pence actually saved American democracy on January 6th.

And I'm genuinely curious about Pence's reasons for telling Tim Geibels during the attack on the Capitol that he didn't trust the Secret Service limo drivers.  Why not?  Did someone tip Pence off about a Trump plot to physically remove him from the Capitol on January 6th?

And why was the Secret Service order to move Pence hush hush?  What are they hiding?

Trump and his hardcore fans already despise Pence as a "traitor."  They won't vote for him in any case.

So, if Pence has reason to believe that Trump and the Secret Service conspired to block the election certification, what does he have to lose by telling the truth and exposing the plot?

You guys have a bit more faith in Pence and in Pence's faith than I do. Despite all his religion, I don't see him  as a particularly introspective person, and I can easily see him as very self deceived person, whose already gone down the slippery slope. So you guys really think we're going to go all the way and get to the bottom of this? I hope you're right.

Obviously Kellogg and Ornato need to be spoken to under oath. I don't know if I'm going to be impressed with the witness list when this is all over. Again,  I'm hoping.

Re: Pence: The real thing missing in these stories is nobody, Nicole Wallace ,Phillip Rucker, and Carol Leonig  can say with any certainty what's going on in Pence's head. They could all be projecting.

If Pence honestly feels that Trump's tried to stay in power by organizing a plan with an insurrectionist mob. or like W. says.W: if Pence has reason to believe that Trump and the Secret Service conspired to block the election certification, what does he have to lose by telling the truth and exposing the plot?

Ok, then why is he silent?? What supposedly decent, serious man of faith would be silent this late in the game?  If Pence knows the truth, and hasn't spoken out by now. He'll probably only come forward when they close in on him.

I  don't think Pence knows what's going on and may be just afraid to know the truth. That works well with his profile as an American religious hypocrite opportunist, with monster ambitions,whose made his own deal to ride the coattails of the devil, Trump, for however long it lasts.

Pence was put in a incredible position, and chose to go with the 2/3 majority, and didn't want to be part of the first coup in American history to overturn  a legitimate election. Yes, it could have been worse, but I'm not that impressed. Pence has worked enough elections in his career to know a lie is a lie. As far as Raskin's quote, if it was that simple for a renegade lowly lame duck  Vice President to overthrow the election result, We need a  serious constitutional overhaul.

I would like to know the true role of the man in the Buffalo-Horned Hat.

If the Jan. 6 revolution-coup-insurrection-regime-change operation was successful, would he be the next Secretary of Defense? CIA Director? 

Mr. Buffalo Horns is playing dumb, as if he is some sort of half-wit rabble, with some mental issues. I am not buying that. 

24 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

If the Jan. 6 revolution-coup-insurrection-regime-change operation was successful, would he be the next Secretary of Defense? CIA Director? 

Mr. Buffalo Horns is playing dumb, as if he is some sort of half-wit rabble, with some mental issues. I am not buying that. 

If the January 6th coup had succeeded, Trump probably would have appointed Buffalo-Horn guy to the Dakota Access Pipeline PAC.  🤥

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

🤣😂😂 

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

If the January 6th coup had succeeded, Trump probably would have appointed Buffalo-Horn guy to the Dakota Access Pipeline PAC.  🤥

Oh, the cabalists had bigger plans for Mr. Buffalo Horns aka Jake Angeli. He presents such a threat to the Republic that he is being kept behind bars. For your safety. 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-breaking/2021/07/06/release-denied-jake-angeli-qanon-shaman-who-raided-us-capitol/7877846002/

"In court, Watkins said that Angeli traveled to D.C. in a car with one other person and that an unnamed person gave him $500. Angeli, Watkins told the court, has provided the name of that person to the FBI."

---30---

Gee, I wonder who would give Mr. Buffalo Horns $500? 

Maybe the Gretchen Whitmer plotters? 

I am afraid, very afraid, of domestic subversives and foreign enemies. All the time. Afraid! 

I don't think the entire 1\6 investigation hinges on Pence, so it's academic to me. Religious people like him can justify anything as long as they ask for forgiveness. What's interesting is seeing Pence try to straddle the division between the new Trump wing of the GOP and the conventional establishment Republicans. It seems he needs the Trump wing support, but those same people wanted to hang him in broad daylight.

If my boss tried to have a mob murder me, I'd be pretty annoyed at him or her. I'm just weird like that. If my boss tried to have a mob kill me and tried to overthrow the government at the same time, well, that's just rude.

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Oh, the cabalists had bigger plans for Mr. Buffalo Horns aka Jake Angeli. He presents such a threat to the Republic that he is being kept behind bars. For your safety. 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-breaking/2021/07/06/release-denied-jake-angeli-qanon-shaman-who-raided-us-capitol/7877846002/

"In court, Watkins said that Angeli traveled to D.C. in a car with one other person and that an unnamed person gave him $500. Angeli, Watkins told the court, has provided the name of that person to the FBI."

---30---

Gee, I wonder who would give Mr. Buffalo Horns $500? 

Maybe the Gretchen Whitmer plotters? 

I am afraid, very afraid, of domestic subversives and foreign enemies. All the time. Afraid! 

He's behind bars for good reason.  Maybe an imbecile, his release would send the wrong message to other potential further insurrectionists.  Acting like that in the Capitol of the United States of America he should be in a mental institution.  Have you listened to him talk?   I've been told ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.

I think Pence is mum on the subject because the Truth could further the implosion of the republican party, his reason for being.  It's already coming apart, splitting.  Witness the ex prez Texas loss yesterday then McConnell, and a total of 17 Senators defying his missives on the infrastructure bill today.  They're abandoning ship.  Trying to save the party from the self consuming flaming orange hair.

I like to think JFK would be happy to see such a demagogue fall.