The Education Forum

Death of the Tumbling Bullet

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chris Davidson said:

Besides other items and speaking ballistically, the County Records rooftop aligns quite nicely with JBC's back/chest(possible thigh) wounds. I tend to believe the shot was fired at z273 and whizzed past JFK's hair at z275 in keeping with the document's 6ft prior to their existing shot span(do the math using the red boxes) which is approx extant z274 based on Nelli's reaction time thereafter, coincidentally while the vertical panning of the zframes hiding JBC's chest occurs.

Shot-1-2-3.gif

Chris Davidson: That is a crisp Z film you have. Is there a frame by frame version available? 

Thanks for reading and commenting. 

kennedy-shirt-1953-1.jpg

The hole on right side (button side) of the Kennedy's shirt does not match the left side.  The hole under the left side is much smaller.  If that is the hole on the button hole side?  If not please advise.  I can't tell if there is anything that looks like a bullet hole further down from where the arrow is pointing.  The hole in the back of the shirt looks larger than the hole on the left below the button hole.

jfk-backwounds-1a.jpg

The large exit wound looks like it matches with the bullet holes in the Kennedy shirt.  You might notice that both the larger and smaller wounds are key shaped as said to be the type of wound made by tumbling rounds.

connelly-shirt-back-wound.jpg

This wound site in the back of Connally's shirt indicates he was shot from the front just as Kennedy was.  The wound hole is 3/8 x 3/8 inches.  That translates to .375 or a .38 caliber round.  This is not a standard military or high powered rifle round size.  It's more of a pistol size.  That suggests this might be a tumbling .25 caliber Carcano round.  The keyhole shape suggests it is the same type of hole seen in the Kennedy backwound as an exit wound.  Both wounds were made from the front and exited the back.

I have always thought that the Kennedy shirt evidence has been manipulated and Governor Connally's clothing suggests the same thing.  Are they really the clothing worn on the day of the assassination?  I have always wondered if that was so.

lapel.thumb.jpg.d6085183dfbeaf2022b4a932

The hole in the jacket does not match the description above for Connally's shirt.  This suggests at least to me that the jacket does not match the shirt for a frontal wound.  More shady official story evidence?  

Edited by John Butler

Besides other items and speaking ballistically, the County Records rooftop aligns quite nicely with JBC's back/chest(possible thigh) wounds. I tend to believe the shot was fired at z273 and whizzed past JFK's hair at z275 in keeping with the document's 6ft prior to their existing shot span(do the math using the red boxes) which is approx extant z274 based on Nelli's reaction time thereafter, coincidentally while the vertical panning of the zframes hiding JBC's chest occurs.

Chris Davidson, I agree about the JBC wounds. At least the wrist and thigh wounds. It Just.seems to me to be a steeper angle than the 6th floor window. I could be wrong. I'm no ballistics expert. But just using the eye test it seems to need a steeper angle to me which.would mean a higher position for the shooter and you always hear the rooftop of the county records building as a possible shooting location so I have been thinking for.years that at least the wrist and thigh wounds could be from there. I don't really know enough about JBC's wounds to even have an opinion on whether his back wound was separate from the wrist and thigh wounds but I kinda lean toward it being a separate shot from those.

Edited by Jamey Flanagan

19 hours ago, John Butler said:

kennedy-shirt-1953-1.jpg

The hole on right side (button side) of the Kennedy's shirt does not match the left side.  The hole under the left side is much smaller.  If that is the hole on the button hole side?  If not please advise.  I can't tell if there is anything that looks like a bullet hole further down from where the arrow is pointing.  The hole in the back of the shirt looks larger than the hole on the left below the button hole.

jfk-backwounds-1a.jpg

The large exit wound looks like it matches with the bullet holes in the Kennedy shirt.  You might notice that both the larger and smaller wounds are key shaped as said to be the type of wound made by tumbling rounds.

This wound site in the back of Connally's shirt indicates he was shot from the front just as Kennedy was.  The wound hole is 3/8 x 3/8 inches.  That translates to .375 or a .38 caliber round.  This is not a standard military or high powered rifle round size.  It's more of a pistol size.  That suggests this might be a tumbling .25 caliber Carcano round.  The keyhole shape suggests it is the same type of hole seen in the Kennedy backwound as an exit wound.  Both wounds were made from the front and exited the back.

I have always thought that the Kennedy shirt evidence has been manipulated and Governor Connally's clothing suggests the same thing.  Are they really the clothing worn on the day of the assassination?  I have always wondered if that was so.

The hole in the jacket does not match the description above for Connally's shirt.  This suggests at least to me that the jacket does not match the shirt for a frontal wound.  More shady official story evidence?  

John Butler--

I appreciate your views, but JBC's surgeon Dr. Shaw, and JBC himself, said he was shot from behind. I think this aspect is indisputable. 

Interestingly enough, there is confusion as to what happened to JBC's clothes after the shooting, with multiple stories and versions afoot.  It could be possible someone wanted to suppress evidence.  One possibility is the shirt would not show copper, but only lead around the holes. 

Another curiosity is that JBC's wrist wound resulted from a bullet that entered on the dorsal (wristwatch) side of the wrist. This is nearly anatomically impossible, if the bullet exited JBC's chest. Try holding your wristwatch (on your right arm) flat against your chest. You cannot do it. 

You can hold the palm side of the wrist against your chest. 

Dr. Shaw told the WC it was possible another bullet struck JBC's wrist. 

Keep up with your skepticism. I look forward to reading your posts. 

My perception of the extant Z-film evidence is that Connally is hit while his torso is fully turned, back is exposed to the nominal south side of the Plaza.  Thus the entrance-to-exit wound trajectory seems incompatible with a missed shot at JFK passing between JFK's and Jackie's heads and striking Connally.  It seems like that angle and moment would produce an exit wound on the opposite side of Connally's body.

A nicety such as Connally slated to replace Sen. Ralph Yarborough in the jump seat very close to zero hour may have been eluded the fire teams, who were expecting a "Kennedy lover" in the limo.  Or a shooter on the south side, frustrated with his angle, may have impulsively created mayhem, hoping to gain a better sighting of JFK's head upon the added excitement of a Connally hit.  Maybe the broad target of Connally's back was too much provocation.

Edited by David Andrews

On 7/19/2021 at 12:39 AM, Chris Davidson said:

Something like this:

CRB-274-SHOT.gif

The distance between JBC/JFK was 2.4ft before JFK started any type of forward leaning.

His leaning also lowers his head height. imo

If the shooter was aiming for JFK's head he would have to lead(aim a little higher) to account for the limo speed. imo

I'll leave it up to you to place/imagine what JBC's body position would be at circa extant z274.

2747149383822953545.png

On 7/19/2021 at 11:08 PM, John Butler said:

kennedy-shirt-1953-1.jpg

jfk-backwounds-1a.jpg

John Butler:

While I am convinced a bullet struck JBC from behind, went through his rib and exited his chest, you raise a point I have not considered---the diameter of the bullet. 

The hole in JBC shirt is no larger than the one in JFK's shirt, see my post. It is a smidge larger than the diameter of a 6.5 bullet.

But there is no proof that JBC was shot by a 6.5 bullet. I had assumed that for post. 

What if JBC had been shot with a Mauser 7.5?

Even more so, the hole in JBC's shirt would be exactly sized to fit the bullet, from a non-tumbling shot.