The Education Forum

The Harvard Crimson admits we debunked CE 399

19 minutes ago, David G. Healy said:

I suggested the same (the films of Dealey Plaza) to Gary Mack some 20 years ago when 3D modeling software was in its infancy... and that made Dale *wanna see my EMMY* Myers a bit nervous... I was quite public about it. -- Made Dave Wimp a bit nervous too. Seems as though there were more than a few folks out there that could run apps like Myers used for his cartoon... Lightwave was the app Myers used and another was POV-RAY, which Wimp knew concerning 3D solids modeling -- a terrific Raytracer.

I doubt any film compilation 3D or otherwise that would be necessary these days. But to exhume? Well, that's another story. Nearly all Kennedy principals alive at the Nov '63 time are dead. I suspect that would at least make what seemed impossible years ago now possible? The body is the best evidence as my old pal David Lipton said long ago...

Belly laugh on Mr. Lipton.  Apologies to him, his book was early inspiration for me.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

An "end-all-be-all" to the medical evidence would be to A. create a perfect 3D model of the films taken in Dealey Plaza, and B. exhume JFK's body.

Mmmm.  The military got that covered too Micah!

9 hours ago, David G. Healy said:

I suggested the same (the films of Dealey Plaza) to Gary Mack some 20 years ago when 3D modeling software was in its infancy... and that made Dale *wanna see my EMMY* Myers a bit nervous... I was quite public about it. -- Made Dave Wimp a bit nervous too. Seems as though there were more than a few folks out there that could run apps like Myers used for his cartoon... Lightwave was the app Myers used and another was POV-RAY, which Wimp knew concerning 3D solids modeling -- a terrific Raytracer.

I doubt any film compilation 3D or otherwise that would be necessary these days. But to exhume? Well, that's another story. Nearly all Kennedy principals alive at the Nov '63 time are dead. I suspect that would at least make what seemed impossible years ago now possible? The body is the best evidence as my old pal David Lipton said long ago...

Not necessary? Scientifically proving a conspiracy in the JFK assassination would be a big deal! Is there any way somebody could make money off of that - investing all of their money on commissioning separate, independent 3D models of Dealey Plaza? Any potential prizes involved?

5 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

Not necessary? Scientifically proving a conspiracy in the JFK assassination would be a big deal! Is there any way somebody could make money off of that - investing all of their money on commissioning separate, independent 3D models of Dealey Plaza? Any potential prizes involved?

DP altered films? Proving conspiracy? In today's day and age? Not only not necessary but possibly dangerous to your health. And now today, science is a buzzword from the past. Ask any Trump supporter.

What will fly is proof of an exit wound in the rear of JFK's head. That'll prove *conspiracy,* at least two shooters...

The heavy lifting has been done concerning the Films of Dealey Plaza: 1) the equipment to alter 8mm 15mm and 35mm films; 2) the manpower and artistic know-how to accomplish same; 3) multiple avenues and techniques to accomplish a new and improved 8mm Kodak film concerning events in Dealy Plaza that day and; 4) sufficient time to alter a limited number of frames or a major number of frames.

I'm done, sorry for the diversion...

Does anyone have any ideas on what a 3D computer Recreation of Dealey Plaza and the limo movement could reveal?

A few months ago I noticed that frame 312 definitively shows that the limo was not aligned with the direction of the Lane markers. The proof is in the relative positions of the small side window frames. The one on the left side of the car sits slightly to the right of the one on the right side of the car. This is only possible if the car was either about 6 to 8 feet farther east than is depicted in the film, or the limo is turned six or seven degrees to the right of the direction of Elm Street at that point. It's possible that Greer veered to the right a bit as he looked over his right shoulder.

The biggest implication of the limos position is that the shot from the West End of the Knoll fence no longer works. Other than Sherry Fraser's Theory I have never seen the limo represented as being at an angle in the street.

Edited by Chris Bristow

1 hour ago, Chris Bristow said:

Does anyone have any ideas on what a 3D computer Recreation of Dealey Plaza and the limo movement could reveal?

A few months ago I noticed that frame 312 definitively shows that the limo was not aligned with the direction of the Lane markers. The proof is in the relative positions of the small side window frames. The one on the left side of the car sits slightly to the right of the one on the right side of the car. This is only possible if the car was either about 6 to 8 feet farther east than is depicted in the film, or the limo is turned six or seven degrees to the right of the direction of Elm Street at that point. It's possible that Greer veered to the right a bit as he looked over his right shoulder.

The biggest implication of the limos position is that the shot from the West End of the Knoll fence no longer works. Other than Sherry Fraser's Theory I have never seen the limo represented as being at an angle in the street.

yeah, if you took a lower third film layer of the limo and elm street to where the grass meets the upper curb and all things inside the limo then rotate it a bit around the *Y axis, say 5-7 points, blow it up a tad, re-frame it.... ya might have something.... least I thought I did.... frankly no one gave a damn....  an example is in this essay (link below)I did over 20 years ago.... can't remember the exact page, but it's in there....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UB-0H4xpIXce-kW7EdCWAVppl7srdf5v/view

you'll also find thousands of posys on this forum here concerning Dealey Plaza topo's/plat's

search is your buddy.....

Edited by David G. Healy
my excellent English phraseology

On 7/21/2021 at 8:13 PM, David G. Healy said:

yeah, if you took a lower third film layer of the limo and elm street to where the grass meets the upper curb and all things inside the limo then rotate it a bit around the *Y axis, say 5-7 points, blow it up a tad, re-frame it.... ya might have something.... least I thought I did.... frankly no one gave a damn....  an example is in this essay (link below)I did over 20 years ago.... can't remember the exact page, but it's in there....

you'll also find thousands of posys on this forum here concerning Dealey Plaza topo's/plat's

search is your buddy.....

I find the subject of optical printers and mattes very interesting and would like to go deeper into it. Don't want to hijack this thread so I will start a new topic. I hope you can weigh in. I had a couple years of film school in the 70's and have pondered the process as it relates to the Z film many times. Having the shadow atop the curb as the demarcation appealing because it is just so perfect a place to separate elements.

16 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

I find the subject of optical printers and mattes very interesting and would like to go deeper into it. Don't want to hijack this thread so I will start a new topic. I hope you can weigh in. I had a couple years of film school in the 70's and have pondered the process as it relates to the Z film many times. Having the shadow atop the curb as the demarcation appealing because it is just so perfect a place to separate elements.

that very thought occurred to to me too.

• 2 years later...
On 7/21/2021 at 6:28 PM, Chris Bristow said:

Edited July 21, 2021 by Chris Bristow

On 7/21/2021 at 8:13 PM, David G. Healy said:

White sign says 313. The right extended foot is the alignment marker.

The orientation of objects to filmer are:

Extant z323 for the convertible support bar. Extant z327 for the back seat. (+/-) 1 frame

Scuoi.gif

Film Credit To Harry Livingstone

On 8/7/2023 at 1:40 PM, Eddy Bainbridge said:

Please can you expand on these posts to make sure we all understand. Are you saying the head shot was at the frame we know as 327? and that this is demonstrated by the limo alignment to the lane markers?

Don't believe what you see when viewing the film.

That's why I asked "Which version do you believe is closer to representing the true events" while providing the WC elevation dilemma.

Isn't it amazing how one study can start at a 1ft lower street elevation(18.3ft horizontal) than the other and use a more correct head height measurement above the street, yet when compared to the WC version, the horizontal distance between the two is approx 1.65ft.

On 8/10/2023 at 1:31 AM, Chris Davidson said:

Don't believe what you see when viewing the film.

That's why I asked "Which version do you believe is closer to representing the true events" while providing the WC elevation dilemma.

Isn't it amazing how one study can start at a 1ft lower street elevation(18.3ft horizontal) than the other and use a more correct head height measurement above the street, yet when compared to the WC version, the horizontal distance between the two is approx 1.65ft.

I am battling to understand this : In the reconstruction, the height of JFK's head in relation to the street was one foot lower than JFK actually sat , correct?

Converting this to a horizontal distance, it should mean a difference of '18.3 ft' in the films because the street was gently sloping downwards, correct?

Your post shows the extant film along with the reconstruction film, and 'the horizontal distance between the two is approx 1.65ft' , correct?

Thus you are asking which represents the truth more closely. I cannot understand the consequence of judging which is closer to the truth? Does it affect where the headshot occurred? If it indicates film alteration, what it the likely alteration it indicates?