Jump to content
The Education Forum

CIA Index of Press Reports on 11/22 - the First 45 Days


Recommended Posts

The entire 184-page file can be found here.

The importance of the file is that it offers a vantage point into the thinking of the CIRA branch (CI Research & Analysis), and a birds-eye view into the information and disinformation being released during the initial post-assassination period.

A few preliminary observations:

1.  Note how initial reports on 11/22 described the point of entry of JFK's head wound as the "right temple". 

That "right temple" description has been hidden for the past 58 years.  

The HSCA Forensic Pathology panel made a point of finding the entry point for the head wound as solely "the back of the head", confirming the Warren Commission finding of a "small wound of entry at the rear of the President's skull".

As Josiah Thompson states in his new book Last Second in Dallas, he found two points of entry - the right temple and the back of the head.

2.  The UPI wire reported that the police believed the man was "about 30, of slender build, weighing 165 pounds, and standing 5 foot 10 inches tall."   When combined with the sighting of a 30-30 rifle, it is clear this is the tip allegedly given by an unidentified man to Detective Herbert Sawyer - and a tip that matches the wholly inaccurate descriptions of Oswald planted into the FBI and CIA files in previous years.

3.  It is bizarre that the initial reports stated that a policeman was killed inside the Texas Theatre by Oswald, and that later reports amplified this by claiming Tippit was shot in the theater.

4.  There is a one page section on "The Russian Speaking Woman" - Ruth Paine.  Note how the New York Times found out that Ruth and Michael had moved to Irving "four years ago".  It was in Sept. 1959, the very week that LHO returned to supposedly take care of his mother Marguerite in Irving not far from where the Paines had moved in - but the CIA and FBI were curiously disinterested about this very point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A few more:

5.  William Gannaway, the head of the Special Services Bureau (home of the Red Squad, intelligence, and vice) was picked up by UPI as saying on 11/22:  "Gannaway said the suspect had visited Russia and was married to a Russian...the suspect was the same man who had shot and killed a city policeman..."

At the same time, note that there is only one page of "Leads" - which begins with the questioning of Joseph Rodriguez Molina, which was conducted by Gannaway and his colleagues by visiting Molina's home the night of the assassination and again the next day before deciding not to book him.  Greg Parker and others have suggested that Oswald's real role on 11/22 was to surveil Molina, who was standing on the front steps of the book depository watching the motorcade.  

6.  The Cuban press published a devastating article on the assassination, noting the links between LHO and the FBI and that Europe's champion shot needed 11 seconds to duplicate Oswald's supposed shooting of the motorcade.  The State Dept also picked up on the same article - which I don't think Americans have ever seen.

7.  The clippings also include a two-page article in the left-wing National Guardian that lays out all the evidence planted into the case by DA William Alexander and his friends supposedly proving that LHO was an FBI informant.  All this evidence was exposed as phony by the end of January - which succeeded in obscuring all the evidence showing that LHO was an FBI source - such as when Oswald assured Fain he would report on any Soviet efforts to recruit him, and when Oswald asked for an FBI man to interview him while he was in jail in New Orleans in August 1963.

Edited by Bill Simpich
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Bill Simpich said:

1.  Note how initial reports on 11/22 described the point of entry of JFK's head wound as the "right temple". 

That "right temple" description has been hidden for the past 58 years.  

jfkbulletheadfrontkilduff.jpg

Bit of a giveaway that it was the right temple

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bill, can you tell us on which of the 184 pages at MFF it mentions the right temple wound?  This is another nail in the coffin on the subject.  I'm sure you well know better than I it confirms statements by others present at JFK's death at Parkland, and, at the "autopsy" at Bethesda.  Then more recently of Doctors Mantick and Chesser as well as Douglass Horne.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Page 18 - the UPI wire reports that "the President was shot once in the head, the right temple."

On "Hydell" - the counterintelligence officer got it wrong because the newswire story misspelled it as "Hydell" - it took the whole first week for the Hidell story about the rifle to take hold and sink into the mass consciousness.  I believe the Hidell story was fundamental in convincing 30-40% of the population that the government captured the right man.  The rest of the country wasn't buying it.

Edited by Bill Simpich
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bill Simpich said:

Page 18 - the UPI wire reports that "the President was shot once in the head, the right temple."

On "Hydell" - the counterintelligence officer got it wrong because the newswire story misspelled it as "Hydell" - it took the whole first week for the Hidell story about the rifle to take hold and sink into the mass consciousness.  I believe the Hidell story was fundamental in convincing 30-40% of the population that the government captured the right man.  The rest of the country wasn't buying it.

Thank you sir!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see they misspell Tippit (which still happens) and

use the 1952 photo (his original DPD photo; they carefully

avoided showing the public later, more recognizable photos of Tippit). I wonder if the shootout in the

theater was a fallback plan if Oswald escaped the Oak Cliff

manhunt by Tippit and Mentzel that I discuss in INTO THE NIGHTMARE

and my followup article on the Kennedysandking site

(the manhunt was underway at least 12:45, indicating complicity

in the plot, since Oswald officially was not

identified by the DPD as the suspect until 2:10).

There was also an early report that a policeman was killed on the

street near downtown.  And the persistent reports of a dead Secret Service agent should

not be discounted. That might fit into some of these scenarios.

From INTO THE NIGHTMARE: "All three television networks reported the agent’s death as fact, and the Associated Press was quoted on Dallas’s WFAA-TV reporting, 'A Secret Service agent and a Dallas policeman were shot and killed some distance from where the President was shot.' The story was dropped by the news media after received a carefully worded 'denial' (with significant holes in it) at 3:40 p.m. by Robert A. Wallace, assistant secretary of the Treasury (the department that included the Secret Service):  'No Secret Service man was injured in the attack on President Kennedy.' Note that this non-denial denial would not cover an agent’s death in another location that day in Dallas." 

Edited by Joseph McBride
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From "Gems from the 26 Volumes": by Vince Palamara

SETH KANTOR ON THE "DEAD" SECRET SERVICE AGENT 20 H 410: "A Western Union man who had been with us since we came down from Andrews Air Force Base came into the [Parkland Hospital] office. A nurse asked him about a report that a Secret Service agent had been killed out on the street. HE SAID THAT IT WAS TRUE. This was one of the immediate rumors which sprung up. It took several days for this particular rumor not to be believed in Dallas itself (FELLOW IN JAGGARS-CHILES-STOVALL who got it from a friend who got it from a POSTMAN* supposed to have been at the death scene that the shot and bleeding SS man was in on the plot to kill the President.)" [emphasis added]

Edited by Joseph McBride
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

From "Gems from the 26 Volumes": by Vince Palamara

SETH KANTOR ON THE "DEAD" SECRET SERVICE AGENT 20 H 410: "A Western Union man who had been with us since we came down from Andrews Air Force Base came into the [Parkland Hospital] office. A nurse asked him about a report that a Secret Service agent had been killed out on the street. HE SAID THAT IT WAS TRUE. This was one of the immediate rumors which sprung up. It took several days for this particular rumor not to be believed in Dallas itself (FELLOW IN JAGGARS-CHILES-STOVALL who got it from a friend who got it from a POSTMAN* supposed to have been at the death scene that the shot and bleeding SS man was in on the plot to kill the President.)" [emphasis added]

Thank you for mentioning this.  I've read a little about the SSA death before like the wife and kids still receiving his paycheck but nothing this deep.  Kantor, "They even have to die in secret".  I've got his book but had forgotten this part.  A Rambler station wagon with a luggage rack . . .   Thanks also to Vince for his Gems, which I'd never read before.

jfkassassination.net/parnell/vp1.htm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...