The Education Forum

Wall Street Journal's book review of "Kennedy's Avenger" that is about Ruby's killing of Oswald

The review appears in the current weekend edition of the Journal, July 31-August 1, 2021

I am unable to post the full review here.

What I found really interesting was reviewer Edward Kossner's statement early on in the review that "More than 57 years later, the Kennedy assassination has lost little of its resonance as one of the most horrific episodes in American history."

What I found less interesting was the review's conclusion that "Investigators found no links to a conspiracy-- just a man embittered by the murder of his beloved president." 

2 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The review appears in the current weekend edition of the Journal, July 31-August 1, 2021

What I found really interesting was reviewer Edward Kossner's statement early on in the review that "More than 57 years later, the Kennedy assassination has lost little of its resonance as one of the most horrific episodes in American history."

What I found less interesting was the review's conclusion that "Investigators found no links to a conspiracy-- just a man embittered by the murder of his beloved president." 

Again, why is this book published now? Ahead of President Biden's decision whether to release the remaining JFK documents....

13 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

You or I could probably write that review without even reading the book.  We've missed our calling.

Edited by David Andrews

I will be writing about this book soon at K and K.

The discussion of the trial is not bad.  Much better than what Mark Shaw did. Belli was very spirited, smart and active in defense of his client.

As far as everything else goes, its in aid of the WCR.

What a terrible title. It buys the lie about Ruby's

motive, the lie his lawyer told him to use. And it's

one of those titles that puts its conclusion in the

title itself, so why then does one have to read the book? People

today want to know what a book or film contains before

they read or see it, because they are neophobic and worried

about spending, etc. Hence movie trailers that give away the whole

plot except for the ending (and then people who don't object

to this complain about "spoilers" in reviews).

Edited by Joseph McBride

10 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

What a terrible title. It buys the lie about Ruby's

motive, the lie his lawyer told him to use. And it's

one of those titles that puts its conclusion in the

title itself, so why then does one have to read the book? People

today want to know what a book or film contains before

they read or see it, because they are neophobic and worried

about spending, etc. Hence trailers that give away the whole

plot except for the ending (and then people who don't object

to this complain about "spoilers" in reviews).

Exactly.

That awful title is such a give away as to the phony agenda for the book.

Like "Case Closed", "Reclaiming History", "On The Trail of Delusion: Jim Garrison: The Great Accuser."

Where the titles themselves ( and given wide public exposure ) are propaganda pieces on their own.

More Mockingbird stuff?

I wish I were a writer to share my conclusions about Ruby killing Oswald with help from the Dallas PD. 

I would title it "The Killing Of Lee Harvey Oswald by Hit Man - Jack Ruby."

As Dallas sheriff department dispatcher Billy Grammar on duty the night of November 23rd, 1963 stated in a public interview:

That this night before Ruby shot Oswald, he received a call of warning that "we are going to kill him" ( meaning Oswald)

and he swore the caller was Jack Ruby. A man he knew well for years!

Edited by Joe Bauer