The Education Forum

Oliver and Jim On Fox

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

What I said would happen is happening.

The trailer for the film is now over 100,000 views.

The RT interview is over 730,000 views.

In a little over 24 hours, the former went up 13,000 and the latter went up 50,000.

I think people want to see this film.

I just wish the DiEugenio-Stone documentary could go on-air in the US before Biden makes the call on whether to release the JFK files....

How punked is US media? You mean no network would run this on-air as a four-night special? That has to get higher ratings than the usual jibber-jabber....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Ben, in fact, from the interest on You Tube which is going up the longer its here,  I think it  might set records.

There's an overriding theme at Fox News about the corrupt "Deep state"  The cover up in the JFK assassination fits their narrative so I don't think they are out to get Oliver Stone and Jim. Although they could play it both ways and say something like " Even liberals get it right once in awhile".

I think a lot of people feel that RT is a more subtle version of Pravda. It also fits their narrative that attempts to drive wedges between different groups of Americans

I'm still very happy to see this new documentary getting promoted . The issue is too important and has been swept under the rug by journalists for decades.

Something might be happening. 

I got the message from Fox today that they have decided to show all four segments on the ninth!

Again, I think Oliver may be breaking through.

Meanwhile, the trailer went up by 15,000, views and RT went up by 40,000 views in one day.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I got the message from Fox today that they have decided to show all four segments on the ninth!

Meanwhile, the trailer went up by 15,000, views and RT went up by 40,000 views in one day.

Excellent. But not "Oliver" is breaking through. "Oliver and Jim" are breaking through. 

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Next Monday?

Yes Monday.

The trailer on You Tube is now up to over 122,000 views. Well over 1,000 comments and about 99 per cent of them are screaming to see the film.

Gold is where you find it, not where you want it to be. At this point, Fox is simply closer to reality than the liberal networks on many fronts, despite their history and conservatism. One of the few times I watched Tucker, he made a joke about how he was still waiting for the truth from the Warren Commission, the show was not even about JFK. You would NEVER get that from any other network head at this point.

Jim, I think some people who were otherwise distant from the case are realizing that maybe the JFK murder was critically important after all and if we are still lied to about it, it’s still important. It’s especially revealing when you pair that with all of the other lies since 1963, an exhausting exercise to be sure, but telling. Great work from you and Oliver!

When we started this on so long ago, I did not think Oliver was really willing to go through all this again.

But he is much more active than I thought he would be. 

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

When we started this on so long ago, I did not think Oliver was really willing to go through all this again.

But he is much more active than I thought he would be. 

I was just thinking of his courage today. How difficult it must have been to endure and work while being demonized by so many determined critics even before JFK was finished, and then to go through it again with this new documentary. It takes a strength of character that few people possess.

I am pretty sure it will be broadcast.

I'm counting on it being broadcast. I'll take half a loaf. I don't live where bandwidth makes for very satisfactory video streaming. However, I have no problem rewarding Fox Nation for putting it on, to drive their view numbers up, even if I get a buffering headache.

I Now think it will be streamed.

Funny, because when they came out for the interviews, they had three camera guys with HD cameras.

That is pretty high tech for streaming.