The Education Forum

A letter I sent to G. Robert Blakey

G. Robert Blakey

Notre Dame Law School 

Dear Mr. Blakey:

I am sure you know the short story, that President Joe Biden must decide in October whether or not to release remaining records under the JFK Records Act.

Given the prominent role you have played in investigating the JFK Assassination and your stature, I ask that you write an op-ed, placed in the The New York Times, or The Washington Post, advocating full and complete release of all records, without any equivocation, redaction or further delay.

Surely, at this late date, the public's right to know trumps remaining bona fide “national security” concerns. 

Best regards—

Benjamin Cole 

Blakey's e-mail address is blakey.1@nd.edu.

5 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

no need to do this. he has agreed to sign the letter that a group of lawyers I have organized is submitting to the President.

Well...

Why no need? An op-ed published in the WaPo or NYT might have some clout, will be seen by readers...

Anyway, believe it or not, Blakely agreed to do it, but wants someone to write a first draft. 

I have my eye on you....

Great shout. 
Realistically, if we want any chance of these records being released, we should be hitting as many sources of exposure as possible. Kennedy family members would be of great use too. 

9 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Great shout. 
Realistically, if we want any chance of these records being released, we should be hitting as many sources of exposure as possible. Kennedy family members would be of great use too. 

Right. 

Great work on getting Blakey involved, Ben and Lawrence.

I honestly believe the reason this case hasn’t been solved is because of not doing the necessary PR best practices on the conspiracy research side. CIA played it better than us. And tbh, we’re starting late on this considering the decision is in October. Guarantee you CIA and FBI have already been lobbying Biden admin for continued obstruction.

FYI, I reached out to Blakey a couple of years ago regarding this Medium post I wrote below and he wrote back:

I read your piece with great interest. Sadly, I don’t think anything will come of it in our lifetime.

I included his reaction in the piece.
https://medium.com/@macgiollarua/a-jfk-assassination-question-that-still-requires-an-answer-377267b73309

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

7 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Great shout. 

If Caroline ever made a statement in support of full release, Biden would do it. Period.

13 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

I honestly believe the reason this case hasn’t been solved is because of not doing the necessary PR best practices on the conspiracy research side. CIA played it better than us. And tbh, we’re starting late on this considering the decision is in October. Guarantee you CIA and FBI have already been lobbying Biden admin for continued obstruction.

FYI, I reached out to Blakey a couple of years ago regarding this Medium post I wrote below and he wrote back:

I read your piece with great interest. Sadly, I don’t think anything will come of it in our lifetime.

https://medium.com/@macgiollarua/a-jfk-assassination-question-that-still-requires-an-answer-377267b73309

Michaleen K--

Congrats on trying, peacefully, which is all any of us can do. 

I have pitched my "small bullet hole in Connally's shirt" story w/o success. 

But I think we have a shot at a Blakely op-ed in the NYT or WaPo. 

Yes, the JFKA community was always at a great disadvantage to the national security state, for many reasons. 

Being a herd of cats (with plenty of intel felines in the mix), the JFKA community never mounted a unified platform. Some might uncharitably say a shrill contentiousness is a characteristic of the community. :)

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Michaleen K--

Congrats on trying, peacefully, which is all any of us can do. 

I have pitched my "small bullet hole in Connally's shirt" story w/o success. 

But I think we have a shot at a Blakely op-ed in the NYT or WaPo. 

Yes, the JFKA community was always at a great disadvantage to the national security state, for many reasons. 

Being a herd of cats (with plenty of intel felines in the mix), the JFKA community never mounted a unified platform. Some might uncharitably say a shrill contentiousness is a characteristic of the community. :)

Hahaha. 

On 8/12/2021 at 7:43 PM, Michaleen Kilroy said:

If Caroline ever made a statement in support of full release, Biden would do it. Period.

But, she has a son and two daughters she cares about, and a brother whose plane blew up in mid air. 

Any family members backing the release would be an enormous help ...

On 8/13/2021 at 1:23 AM, Michaleen Kilroy said:

That is some first-rate writing and reporting you did for Medium. Easy to read, yet in-depth---not something that just happens (well, for most of us). 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

That is some first-rate writing and reporting you did for Medium. Easy to read, yet in-depth---not something that just happens (well, for most of us). 

Appreciate your comments, Ben. I write all day everyday for tech (now for quantum computing).  So applying it to a passion like JFKA comes naturally. Just not sure what’s more complicated - quantum physics or JFKA ;)

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy