The Education Forum

Today's Google News Search Results For 'Oliver Stone'

Does anyone still seriously doubt that the 21st century version of CIA Operation Mockingbird is still active in the U.S. mainstream media?

Here are today's Google News search results for "Oliver Stone." 

It's a total blackout in the U.S. M$M.

IndieWire

Deadline

Hindustan Times

The Rio Times

The Harvard Crimson

The Wrap

New Europe

Modern Diplomacy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, it does take years to grasp the forensic evidence of the case, at least as of right now because so much information is scattered and hard to access. Not a lot of journalists can do that. Our barriers here can include challenges in research in addition to political challenges.

6 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

I don't know, it does take years to grasp the forensic evidence of the case, at least as of right now because so much information is scattered and hard to access. Not a lot of journalists can do that. Our barriers here can include challenges in research in addition to political challenges.

Micah,

When I look at today's Google search results, I see an obvious M$M blackout of JFK Revisited in the U.S.

What's preventing film critics in our mainstream media from publishing reviews of the Cannes premier of JFK Revisited, or interviewing Oliver Stone about his new film?

The ones that got some social media amplification to date were the ridiculous "Crackpot Conspiracy" hit piece in the Daily Beast, and the incoherent reductio ad absurdum review in Variety.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, and we'll finally see some M$M reviews when JFK Revisited hits the theaters and Netflix... 🤥

Besides the google / security apparatus synergy, you have 90% of MSM in the hands of about 9 conglomerates. You just need the owners on board. Takes very few people to control the news, as they are top down structures. That’s how you get all reading from the same hymn sheet, regardless of where in the world or the language spoken. Its a dire situation, much worse than the days when Mockingbird was launched. 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mediaconglomeraten.png

12 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I don't think it's anything nefarious. People just have their minds on other things.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=jfk assassination,covid,trump,nfl

We'll see, Matt.  I find it rather odd, especially in this era of ubiquitous news coverage of almost everything.

Where are NYT, WaPo, Drudge, Huffington, Time, Newsweek, McClatchy, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, etc.?

Let's formulate this as a working hypothesis.

What would we expect to observe if the major media corporations in the U.S. were still working on contract with "Mockingbird" to promote public acceptance of the Warren Commission Report-- per the 1964 CIA executive order?

Edited by W. Niederhut

To be honest, I don't think they really consider it something to be squashed. As important as the issue is to us, we have to remember that we're in the minority as far as all this goes. I imagine in 1923 it was probably difficult to get very many people to think about the Lincoln assassination.

As I've said before, the only threat the JFKA poses to the CIA is the potential that some revelations might cause their budget to be cut. Present day employees who view their job as protecting the country, are not interested in seeing their budget cut because of the sins some of their right-wing nutjob employees committed back in 1963. I wish it wasn't that way, but it isn't a surprise that they feel that way.

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

To be honest, I don't think they really consider it something to be squashed. As important as the issue is to us, we have to remember that we're in the minority as far as all this goes. I imagine in 1923 it was probably difficult to get very many people to think about the Lincoln assassination.

As I've said before, the only threat the JFKA poses to the CIA is the potential that some revelations might cause their budget to be cut. Present day employees who view their job as protecting the country, are not interested in seeing their budget cut because of the sins some of their right-wing nutjob employees committed back in 1963. I wish it wasn't that way, but it isn't a surprise that they feel that way.

So, regarding the working hypothesis, (above) it will be invalidated if we see some accurate, honest reviews of Oliver Stone's new movie in our mainstream media.

Thus far, I haven't seen that happening.  And I read the NYT and WaPo every day.  (I don't watch much television.)

As for the truth about the JFK assassination not being considered as "something to be squashed," how, then, do you explain the ongoing suppression of the JFK records?

My own belief is that the CIA has far more to lose than funding if their role in JFK's assassination becomes common knowledge in the U.S.

The truth will expose them as a rogue agency that has operated, at times, against and beyond the control of our democratic government-- as Harry Truman opined in his December 1963 letter to the Washington Post.

A majority of the country already thinks the CIA killed JFK.  For real. Polls demonstrate that.

If there were people in the street demanding that Trump or Biden released all files we might see some movement. Or perhaps Stone's film will help. I'm just not very sanguine about that type of thing occurring.

25 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

A majority of the country already thinks the CIA killed JFK.  For real. Polls demonstrate that.

If there were people in the street demanding that Trump or Biden released all files we might see some movement. Or perhaps Stone's film will help. I'm just not very sanguine about that type of thing occurring.

Matt,

I don't know about you, but I know some reasonably intelligent, educated people who still think that JFKA and 9/11 Truthers are kooky conspiracy theorists.

Needless to say, they are people who haven't studied the legitimate research, and/or have been duped by reading things like John McAdams' web pages, Bugliosi, or Case Closed by Gerald Posner.

Frankly, I would be thrilled to see some honest, serious reviews of JFK Revisited in our mainstream media.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Matt,

I don't know about you, but I know some reasonably intelligent, educated people who still think that JFKA and 9/11 Truthers are kooky conspiracy theorists.

Needless to say, they are people who haven't studied the legitimate research, and/or have been duped by reading things like John McAdams' web pages, Bugliosi, or Case Closed by Gerald Posner.

Frankly, I would be thrilled to see some honest, serious reviews of JFK Revisited in our mainstream media.  We'll see.

W.--

I have to agree with your general take on this one. 

Sure, the JFKA is not the biggest issue of the day. 

But who can be against the full release of the JFK Records? 

And for still-yet tens of millions of Americans, the JFKA was a signal event in public life. 

The think tank-national security-media-globalist blob is stronger than ever, thoroughly invested in what used to be independent or "liberal" media, such as the NYT, WaPo, CBS, as well as both political parties. The legacy cable outfits, CNN and MSNBC are hardly any better, and maybe worse. 

You can get fired at the NYT for airing an op-ed from a US Senator, but they are running op-eds the US should stick it out in Afghanistan. I think the message is, "If Afghanistan is worth military intervention, then anything, anywhere is worth military intervention. That is the standard." 

A real review of the JFKA would bring up exceedingly uncomfortable present-day but never-addressed issues such as "Why a hyper-mobilized and global permanent US military archipelago? Was that what JFK was trying to avoid?" 

The US military as seven-continents, seven-oceans guard service for global-multinationals. Why? That is a topic Apple, Disney, WalMart, BlackRock, and punked media---and the CIA---do not want addressed. 

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

A majority question three shots from the rear by a lone nut.  As well as Jack Ruby's execution of Oswald.  Most lead comfortable lives.  They have little interest in History.  Much less in the Truth or details.  A few do.  Hope lives in stirring the interest among them.  Through simple truths maybe, slowly.  Like in my kids through me, they know of my interest but not why or any details.  One small step.

6 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

CIA budget cut? Does anyone know their total yearly budget, for any year?

Matt's right, nobody cares that much about this other than us. Nobody in any number is going to take to the streets about this So what political pressure can there be? Nobody in government fears us. Those are just the facts.

As far as defunding the modern day CIA. It's a pipe dream! No major industrial power is going to  dismantle their intelligence apparatus. Period!

Ben" But who can be against the full release of the JFK Records? 

In theory  not many Ben.  But most people aren't going to get up in a soapbox like you and decry,  "Why doesn't the ACLU defend Nazis anymore, like they did in the good old 60s? To give you a realistic idea of the political reality.  Which is all that really matters!  The JFKA Assassination Conspiracy movement, if you will, does not currently have the political will of the "TQ" in the LGBTQ. It's not in the top 40 in political priorities in either party.

We can bitch and moan forever about it and it won't the change the reality.

Matt's right, the only thing that can change the status is  in the hearts of minds of people. The best shot right now is the success of the movie.

Those are facts. This is purely my conjecture. If the CIA, or MIC is so ominous and all powerful, do you really think they would leave behind information that directly lead to them? There would be nothing left in the files, and the general MSM commentary , would be "Ok,. now we've been through all this. And it turns out there's nothing there."

Edited by Kirk Gallaway