The Education Forum

Pat Speer Live from the Sixth Floor (with Alan Dale)

Pat Speer

Glad he did this.

Pat Speer in underappreciated in my view.

Anyone have any update on Pat's cancer treatment? 

Well Pat's posted this. How are you doing Pat? How is your recovery going?

Great interview! Interesting to hear about your unique JFKA journey, and I've always wanted to hear about your encounters with hard core JFKA  "experts" or in some cases  dogmatists.

On 8/21/2021 at 7:52 AM, Kirk Gallaway said:

Well Pat's posted this. How are you doing Pat? How is your recovery going?

Great interview! Interesting to hear about your unique JFKA journey, and I've always wanted to hear about your encounters with hard core JFKA  "experts" or in some cases  dogmatists.

Thanks for asking, Kirk. I'm on my fourth hospital stay since March, this one lasting 23 days (so far). I'm 19 days post-stem cell transplant, which means the chemo is starting to wear off. They assured me before this visit that I would get terrible diarrhea and lose all my hair. They were right on the first part but I have managed to hold on to wisps of hair on my head and about half a beard. If all goes well--no more gout flare-ups, no more rashes, no mouth sores, etc--I may go home this weekend. But that won't be the end of it. I'm supposed to stay in a bubble--with very little outside contact--for the first 100 days or so after transplant. So, going back to the Covid shutdown, I will have been in a bubble for 22 months or so--longer than many prison sentences. 

(For those interested in a more detailed description of my prison/hospital stay, I have added a blog at the top of the home page at patspeer.com)

Regards, Pat

Geez Pat.  I did not know it was that bad.  Someone hinted at it, I think Matt D, but not to this extent.

My best wishes for your recovery.

Pat, I, too, am a member of the club that nobody wants to join - the cancer club.  I was diagnosed in 2017 with Stage 4 bladder cancer  . I underwent 6 cycles of chemo ( cisplatin/ gemz.) and then had major surgery.  Today, I have no cancer.  But, I have to be checked annually to see if the cancer reoccurs.

Pat, your analysis of the 2016 election was terrific.  Thanks so much!   Best wishes for a fast & full recovery!!!

Edited by Steven Kossor