The Education Forum

Oliver Stone interview on MSNBC

Matt Allison

Watch how quickly the guy wraps up the interview once Stone tries

to discuss 9/11:

STONE; But if you go back and you look at the reasons for -- you have to think about the possibility that something like, for example, the Kennedy assassination was not the work of one man. And this, I firmly believe, that it was definitely -- there were reasons and motivations to get rid of that president. He was dangerous.

So, I`m divided about that. You have to think, but, at the same time, you have to question.

MELBER: Yes. Well, that`s part of why I wanted to ask you.

And I love interviewing you.

STONE: And 9/11. And 9/11.

MELBER: Well, and you know what? I will tell you this. Let`s do it again in person sometime and even longer.

Sometimes, we do -- with THE BEAT, we do digital interviews where we go an hour. We could get into all of it.

STONE: Yes.

MELBER: Because, as anyone could obviously tell, I`m a fan of your films, even if you and I might debate or disagree on certain things. That`s a healthy process.

So, Mr. Stone, I appreciate your first time on THE BEAT. I hope you will come back.

[18:50:01]

STONE: Yes.

To my knowledge, Stone still hasn't had a public moment in the sun disputing the official 9/11 story. Which I don't mean to note as a slam against him, as it's been that way for a while. But if he's ever said anything beyond the above, I missed it. And even Spike Lee managed a paragraph or two of dissent against the official story before his documentary took a hit.

3 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

To my knowledge, Stone still hasn't had a public moment in the sun disputing the official 9/11 story. Which I don't mean to note as a slam against him, as it's been that way for a while. But if he's ever said anything beyond the above, I missed it. And even Spike Lee managed a paragraph or two of dissent against the official story before his documentary took a hit.

Stone's movie "World Trade Center" may or may not have snuck in references to explosives being used in the collapse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPCt2BBqR2k

From the discussions of it I saw when it came out, it doesn’t go that route. Lee’s 30 minutes on AE9/11 was clearly much more explicit on the topic, until Lee was attacked and forced to censor his work.

I still find it amazing that an Oscar winner’s follow up documentary was largely derided by a group of people who have never made a film in their lives.