The Education Forum

Operation Dragon

This was really one of the most painful books I have read in a while.  And considering the rubbish churned out by Abrams and Shaw, that is saying something.

The Ruskies and the Cubans killed Kennedy? And Castro was play acting with Jean Daniel?  

In the entire book I do not recall one reference to the ARRB. Or Joannides and AMSPELL.

The only value in this pile of trash is it shows just how badly the CIA wants to bring back the Cold War. And to forget what JFK was trying for in his Peace Speech.  Its a true disgrace of a book.  It essentially spits on all the good work that had been done due to the ARRB. And it shows how those Russian intel defectors knew what the CIA and MI 6 wanted, and were all too eager to give them in return for cash and escape from a crumbling Russia.  

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/operation-dragon

Edited by James DiEugenio

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This was really one of the most painful books I have read in a while.  And considering the rubbish churned out by Abrams and Shaw, that is saying something.

The Ruskies and the Cubans killed Kennedy? And Castro was play acting with Jean Daniel?  

In the entire book I do not recall one reference to the ARRB. Or Joannides and AMSPELL.

The only value in this pile of trash is it shows just how badly the CIA wants to bring back the Cold War. And to forget what JFK was trying for in his Peace Speech.  Its a true disgrace of a book.  It essentially spits on all the good work that had been done due to the ARRB. And it shows how those Russian intel defectors knew what the CIA and MI 6 wanted, and were all too eager to give them in return for cash and escape from a crumbling Russia.  

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/operation-dragon

Oh, egads. And the timing of this "book" suggests it yet another effort to essentially undercut the idea that full release of the records under the JFK Act is necessary.

And what is it with the Daily Beast?  They are publishing Max Holland?

Why not just post the CIA escutcheon on the Daily Beast website? 

The Daily Beast is one of the very worst on the JFK case.

And they have been for awhile.

Their review of JFK Revisited from Cannes was nothing less than a hatchet job.  I think this goes back to Tina Brown who used to be the editor.  She hired Posner.  This was clearly owed to the fact that her husband Harold Evans published Case Closed at Random House. 

Woolsey is kind of like a triple distilled Neocon.  For these guys the War on Terror is not enough. They want to bring back the Cold War also. Therefore, the commies killed Kennedy.  This book was really a nightmare to read.

Beyond his work in maybe a hundred different think tanks (CSIS being a key one for him), James Woolsey has spent decades helpfully putting his name to endless reports and blue ribbon commissions urging more weapon sales for the Pentagon. So when Woolsey puts his name to a book on the JFK assassination, you’re really getting the Cold War hawk perspective unfiltered.

4 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Beyond his work in maybe a hundred different think tanks (CSIS being a key one for him), James Woolsey has spent decades helpfully putting his name to endless reports and blue ribbon commissions urging more weapon sales for the Pentagon. So when Woolsey puts his name to a book on the JFK assassination, you’re really getting the Cold War hawk perspective unfiltered.

Here is something to remember: There must be hundreds, maybe more than a thousand, thinks tanks, centers, foundations, academic organizations, media outlets, congressional committees, federal agencies all devoted to globalism. 

Is there even one "anti-globalist' think tank out there? If you know of one, tell me, and I will subscribe to whatever publications they produce. 

I do not mean "anti-globalist" in the sense of being xenophobic. I like people, anybody. I mean in the sense that the US should mind its own business, quarter troops on US soil for defense of homeland, and trade relations should benefit the American middle-employee class. I cannot think of a single organization devoted to such ideals. 

Trump talked some along these lines, and was quickly annihilated. Trump was also loathsome for many other reasons, and good riddance.  But he was annihilated for his anti-globalism.  

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

The Daily Beast is one of the very worst on the JFK case.

The Daily Beast is bad on everything. 

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

heir review of JFK Revisited from Cannes was nothing less than a hatchet job.  I think this goes back to Tina Brown who used to be the editor.  She hired Posner.  This was clearly owed to the fact that her husband Harold Evans published Case Closed at Random House. 

Jim,

I believe you are 100% correct about Tina Brown. She's a real piece of work and I know about one specific case of censorship that can be attributed to her that relates to my own research. There was a very significant Newsweek story on an FBI program called PATCON that was published in 2011. The story was basically about an FBI operation involving infiltrating right-wing terrorist groups. It was a very, very good piece.

However, a funny thing happened. Some rather significant details in that piece were GUTTED by Tina Brown at Newsweek before print. A journalist I know provided me with the original piece, before it was gutted by. This journalist told me that the writer said that the piece was gutted by the editors, and he opined that he thought that Tina Brown was responsible for the censorship of the piece.

In the original story, it is recounted that FBI undercover operative John Matthews had recognized Timothy McVeigh when he saw him on TV the week of the OKC bombing in April of '95. He recognized him from his time working undercover at a white supremacist ranch in Texas. He called his FBI handler, Don Jarrett, and told him. His handler told him "Don't worry about it. We got it covered." All this was in the original piece. There is more to it, but basically, at the end of the day, Tina Brown gutted from that story one of the most significant details in it that relates to McVeigh's far-right accomplices who very likely helped him plan the OKC bombing.

Sounds like Tina Brown has long carried water for certain law enforcement and intelligence organizations to keep things out of print, or twist stories in a certain way. Surely she has probably benefitted from this greatly.

Richard

Edited by Richard Booth

Nice one Richard.

Her and her late husband showed the Anglo American alliance that Quigley wrote about still lived.

All you had to do was read the guest list from their wedding.

BTW, it was Evans who thought up that horrendous two part ad for the NY TImes.

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Nice one Richard.

Her and her late husband showed the Anglo American alliance that Quigley wrote about still lived.

All you had to do was read the guest list from their wedding.

When you have publishers and owners who are willing to subvert hard reporting or censor their journalists you've got a compromised press. And I think that we largely have that now. Is there any outlet with any level of circulation or clout that isn't compromised?  

This leaves us in a position where truly hard hitting reporting is relegated to obscurity at best, left unpublished at worse.  How many excellent stories were left in the wastebasket or never ran at all?  

Then we have an additional layer of censorship now with social media companies. I'm thinking of how Twitter and Facebook outright banned the circulation or linking to of the Hunter Biden laptop story in October of 2020. With that story, the mainstream media largely self-censored and just refused to cover it. This left the reporting on the very-real story to the likes of basically Daily Mail and the NY Post, tabloids. The Post got the story right, but then they found that Twitter would not allow people to circulate links to the story.

We do not have a healthy or free press today. If we ever had one.

Evans and Brown got married in 1981 at Grey Gardens in New York, the home of Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee and Sally Quinn.

That tells you a lot. The British and American press in bed together.

Bradlee stabbed his alleged friend JFK in the back, and Evans did it again with Case Closed.  

Let us never forget: when George Lardner flew down to Dallas to write his pre emptive attack on Oliver Stone's film, which was in production at the time, that was approved by Bradlee.