The Education Forum

Marina - suitors - plastics

Steve Thomas

It has long been my privately held belief that the reason for Marina's whirlwind romance, marriage, and approval to emigrate to the United States was because the Soviets wanted to get Marina to the U.S. in general, and Fort Worth specifically because of its connection to the aerospace industry.

I have been puzzled by Marina's suitors seemingly being connected to the field of plastics. Wasn't there a guy before Lee Oswald, and wasn't he connected to plastics - and specifically to spray nozzles?

Also, Alexander Kleinlerer was smitten with her and visited her at Lorena Hall's while she and Lee H. were separated in 1962.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/kleinler.htm

AFFIDAVIT

Alexander Kleinlerer of 3542 Kent Street, Fort Worth, Texas, being duly sworn, says:

I am and have for several years been a foreign representative of Loma Industries, a plastics production company, located at 3000 West Pafford Street, Fort Worth, Texas.”

While I was looking for something else, I stumbled across this today, and went, "Hmmm..."

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP80-00809A000500170001-9.pdf

CIA-RDP80-00809A000500170001-9.pdf

So the Russians were having problems with the ceramic coating on reentry vehicles were they?

Steve Thomas

Steve - is there any evidence that Marina pursued this or any other technologies? She seems very unsuited for intelligence work. And her US ties were among the White Russian community. I think it’s likely she was serving some role, or the Soviets at least hoped so, but that it had to do with her husband, who for the Soviets must have been quite an enigma. 

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

I have been puzzled by Marina's suitors seemingly being connected to the field of plastics. Wasn't there a guy before Lee Oswald, and wasn't he connected to plastics - and specifically to spray nozzles?

Steve Thomas

Steve, that's Robert Webster, working on plastics for Rand.  Gary Hill reports that Marina had Hill's address in Leningrad prior to her meet up with Oswald in Minsk!

11 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Steve - is there any evidence that Marina pursued this or any other technologies? She seems very unsuited for intelligence work. And her US ties were among the White Russian community. I think it’s likely she was serving some role, or the Soviets at least hoped so, but that it had to do with her husband, who for the Soviets must have been quite an enigma. 

Paul,

I don't know if Marina was supposed to receive information from someone, or to pass along information to someone else. I would say White Russians, yes, but if you look at their backgrounds, they were all geologists, or geological engineers. And who made contact with Marina almost immediately upon her arrival in Fort Worth?

Max Clark.

MEMO: THE LEE HARVEY OSWALD CASE #351164 (ADDRESS BOOK)

biography of Max Clark Maxwell Edward Clark

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=9836&relPageId=3

“Max Edward Clark was employed by Convair, a division of General Dynamics Corporation, Fort Worth, Texas, as a “Supervisor of Industrial Security and Investigation”, requiring access to classified matter up to and including, Top Secret”.

Now, you tell me.

Communists or White Russians, that's all superfluous. In the early 1960's, the Russians had two main interests: space flight, and atomic bombs. The rest is all just background noise.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Paul,

I don't know if Marina was supposed to receive information from someone, or to pass along information to someone else. I would say White Russians, yes, but if you look at their backgrounds, they were all geologists, or geological engineers. And who made contact with Marina almost immediately upon her arrival in Fort Worth?

Max Clark.

MEMO: THE LEE HARVEY OSWALD CASE #351164 (ADDRESS BOOK)

biography of Max Clark Maxwell Edward Clark

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=9836&relPageId=3

“Max Edward Clark was employed by Convair, a division of General Dynamics Corporation, Fort Worth, Texas, as a “Supervisor of Industrial Security and Investigation”, requiring access to classified matter up to and including, Top Secret”.

Now, you tell me.

Communists or White Russians, that's all superfluous. In the early 1960's, the Russians had two main interests: space flight, and atomic bombs. The rest is all just background noise.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

That's interesting.  Can you provide more detail? 

I've always thought Marina was intelligence connected.  Was her main job keeping an eye on Oswald?  Maybe the Soviets couldn't figure out whether Oswald was a double or triple agent.  In Russia, he had a 30 man team watching him for the KGB.  And, along comes Marina who was connected with foreigners and seemed to be involved with them prior to Oswald.  Was she sent to Oswald because he was lonely?  Or, to watch him?

51 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Steve,

That's interesting.  Can you provide more detail? 

I've always thought Marina was intelligence connected.  Was her main job keeping an eye on Oswald?  Maybe the Soviets couldn't figure out whether Oswald was a double or triple agent.  In Russia, he had a 30 man team watching him for the KGB.  And, along comes Marina who was connected with foreigners and seemed to be involved with them prior to Oswald.  Was she sent to Oswald because he was lonely?  Or, to watch him?

John.

Someone once described Oswald as a useful idiot.

That's always been my take too.

Read this FBI file on Lydia Dymitruk

FBI - HSCA Subject File: Lydia Dymitruk, girlfriend of Alexaner Kleinlerer https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=129757#relPageId=1&search=Alexander_Kleinlerer

See how much it mirrors Marina Oswald. They marry a guy from over here in the U.S., get the guy to bring them over here, and then divorce them. Think about what Marina was doing with Lee throughout 1962. They were separated almost as soon as they arrived back in Fort Worth from Russia.

As far as the geologists and geological engineers go,

I wrote this in the Education Forum back on 1/20/19:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/25464-now-it-can-be-told-dag-hammarskjold/?page=2

Everett DeGolyer

http://www.nasonline.org/publications/biographical-memoirs/memoir-pdfs/degolyer-everette.pdf

He lived to be honored by the highest elective offices and to be awarded the highest decorations of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists and the American Institute of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers. He was a lecturer much sought after, filled distinguished positions at three universities, and was awarded honorary degrees by six. Nine or more United States Government agencies, commissions, advisory boards, and committees called on him for service which he generously contributed. This combination logically made his advice much sought after in business, and he was for many years the world's leading oil consultant. The opinion of his firm, DeGolyer and MacNaughton, on an appraisal of the worth of a property or a company was accepted as final in financial and government circles the world around. This firm was at one time or another consultant to ten or more foreign governments on subjects ranging from organizing exploration programs to the proper price for oil F.O.B. tankers in the Persian Gulf.”

As would be expected of a man of such outstanding reputation, his services were called for by the Federal Government. Starting in 1918 with a special report for the United States Treasury, he became in 1941 Director of Conservation in the Office of the Coordinator for National Defense and Assistant Deputy Coordinator in 1942. The following year he was first made Assistant Deputy Administrator for War, and then head of the Petroleum Reserves Corporation mission to the Middle East. He was a member of the Advisory Committee on Raw Materials for the Atomic Energy Commission, and filled many other important positions. He served on the National Petroleum Council from its beginning.”

- I wrote -

Lately, I've become interested in the role that uranium mining might play in the JFK story. I'm not a geologist, but uranium deposits seem to be found near oil fields. I lived in the Rangely, CO. area for a while, so I had a personal interest in DeMohrenschildt's comings and goings there. When I read that D.H. Byrd sold his interests in Byrd Oil and used the money to found Byrd Uranium, my ears perked up. Whey would a person give up the lucrative money of big oil to invest in uranium? You have to figure that in the later 50's and early 60's, uranium would have to be a pretty hot commodity. It struck me a while back that a lot of the key figures in the White Russian Community in the Dallas/Fort Worth area were not just "oil men", but were engineers in the petroleum field, and specialized in the exploration of oil deposits around the world. (Think Jack Crichton and George Bouhe among others.

They also seemed to have ties to military intelligence."

"Mr. BOUHE - For 9 1/2 years I was employed as a personal accountant of a very prominent Dallas geologist, and probably capitalist if you want to say it, Lewis W, MacNaughton, senior chairman of the board of the well-known geological and engineering firm of DeGolyer & MacNaughton, but I was MacNaughton's personal employee."

WC testimony of George Bouhe http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bouhe.htm) "

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas