The Education Forum

On Biden and the Last Documents

Here is our latest on the last of the ARRB documents that Trump chickened out on releasing and then unilaterally changed the law about. 

And not one person from the MSM said a word about what the guy did in order to delay release for four more years. So when I hear people talking about how we have a liberal media eg. CNN and MSNBC, what on earth are they talking about?  Philip Shenon and Gerald Posner and Larry Sabato?

Anyway, the word is that Blakey is going to submit an Op Ed for publication very soon, and Oliver Stone will do one next month.

If you have not written a letter to Biden in some form, please do so now.  Whether there is something important in those documents or not, 58 years is enough. And the law is the law.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/final-deadlines-on-jfk-records-what-is-biden-going-to-do

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his Counterpunch interview Oliver talked about this and how Trump actually changed the law.

Man he is gutsy.  Because I don't see anyone else saying this stuff. Do you?

Oliver mentions in the interview JFK Revisited being released in the U S in November.  Probably the best time for drawing attention to the film but I had hopes at one point it might come out before October 26th and maybe influence Biden (or whatever U S media attention it may generate doing so).

I think Blakey will have an Op Ed out soon.

And I think Oliver will have one out in October.

Two updates:

I also sent the letter to Biden to the House Oversight Committee asking to have them request the Archivist to testify about how the agencies are requesting further postponements

The Public Interest Declassification Board will be sending a letter to the President asking that he release the balance of the records.

The reporter who interviewed me for the Times of London asked me about the PIDB.

Her story will be coming out in October also.

So we are building something.

• 2 weeks later...

The JFK Records Act: Will There Be a Final Chapter?

KEY POINTS FROM THIS ARTICLE

— The JFK Act passed in 1992 required that all government agencies send any records concerning the JFK assassination to the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), where they would be held for 25 years before released to the public on Oct. 26, 2017.

Although the Act stated that no assassination records were to be destroyed, many documents, photographs, and audio files were destroyed or went missing both before and after the 1992 Act. [wasn't that special?]

— Between July 24, 2017 and April 26, 2018, over 34,000 records were released from the JFK collection. However, many documents were redacted, while others were not released.

— On April 26, 2018, then-President Trump granted some agencies until April 26, 2021 to review the remaining documents and notify the NARA of any reasons why those should not be released.

— By this Sunday, Sept. 26, NARA will inform President Joe Biden of the agencies’ recommendations, and he will make a final decision whether the remaining records should be released on Oct. 26, 2021.     https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/the-jfk-records-act-will-there-be-a-final-chapter/

It is obvious that Joe Biden is not really in charge of his own administration--- https://nypost.com/2021/10/07/president-biden-mocked-over-fake-white-house-set/

I haven't heard him say a thing about JFK   

How a former Trump aide is pressing Biden to loosen national security secrets

Upon taking office, President Joe Biden and his Cabinet cleared out scores of government advisory panels containing Trump administration appointees.

But an obscure presidential advisory board still led by one of former President Donald Trump’s more controversial aides is pressing Biden to dramatically reduce government secrecy on everything from military space programs to historical records related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

The bipartisan Public Interest Declassification Board, whose members serve three-year terms, is now chaired by Ezra Cohen, who worked for disgraced Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn and held several top national security posts (and has also been dogged by one of the leading conspiracy theories trafficked by Trump supporters).

But so far Cohen, who Trump appointed to run the board in January, is getting plaudits from longtime advocates for government openness and from fellow board members who share his goals....

On 9/23/2021 at 5:27 AM, Denis Morissette said:

Biden is a 1/4 term president. He’s weak and confused. Won’t last much longer.

I agree with you on the fact that Biden is weak. He is also corrupt and ignorant of the harsh realities

A Florida tie to the JFK assassination shows why secret records need releasing | Column

A family’s mystery hits a dead end in secrecy about JFK’s assassination. This month, it’s time to make all the records public.

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2021/10/07/a-florida-tie-to-the-jfk-assassination-shows-why-secret-records-need-releasing-column/?fbclid=IwAR0OZzRIlRHzSZA14jHi_werbOz5ASwBN3_x6x3ypnCos191DHxo9OPEmEY

Malcolm Blunt and Bart Kamp discuss the possible Biden file releases.